SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Check-in question: Our flight gets in around 11:30 on 8/14 and our Sunshine Flyer should be roughly getting in about 1. What are the odds that our 2-bedroom standard room will be available when we arrive? Thanks!
Unlikely, we were just down two weeks ago and didn't get our alert until 3:30.

Hard to predict.
As you probably know...Sunday check-ins are BUSY.
I'd hope for best & prepare for worst.
Unless going to parks anyway, maybe pack for pool time just in case?

I was very impressed with Housekeeping & Bell Service CMs at SSR.

Have a magical time :tink:

Have the buses been crowded for anyone who was there lately? We requested grandstand to be at the first stop (will have 3 toddlers and 2 strollers getting off and on the buses) but was curious how it has been.

Thanks for the response! We're traveling with our 21-month-old daughter and were trying to figure out if we would be able to possibly take a nap in our room or if we should walk around Disney Springs first.

So I'm new to the DisBoards and DVC in general! My wife and I purchased DVC back in May while she was still pregnant, and now we have booked a trip for the end of Dec at SSR with our little one who will be 6 months when we go. We originally only planned for the 3 of us to go but the other day the in-laws mentioned they wanted to come along to help us with our bundle of joy, which would give us some alone time for portions of the trip. Unfortunately seems that wait listings are the only thing available for us to book for them, our trip is Dec 30-Jan 2. My question is what's their chances of actually getting a room? Anyone have some suggestions not only for my dilemma but in general for traveling with a 6 month old?

So I'm new to the DisBoards and DVC in general! My wife and I purchased DVC back in May while she was still pregnant, and now we have booked a trip for the end of Dec at SSR with our little one who will be 6 months when we go. We originally only planned for the 3 of us to go but the other day the in-laws mentioned they wanted to come along to help us with our bundle of joy, which would give us some alone time for portions of the trip. Unfortunately seems that wait listings are the only thing available for us to book for them, our trip is Dec 30-Jan 2. My question is what's their chances of actually getting a room? Anyone have some suggestions not only for my dilemma but in general for traveling with a 6 month old?

Can’t speak to your chances of getting, but have you tried checking if any confirmed reservations available on the dvc rental sites or on here for any resort? Could be an option maybe?

And for traveling, if you’re flying make sure to have a bottle/feeding timed for take off or landing if you can and/or a pacifier if they use that to help with their ears (and distract them from noise). Otherwise I’d say bring a couple little toys to keep them occupied and maybe download a soothing baby sounds app on your phone just in case! Lastely if baby does well in a baby wearing carrier I’d vote for that and checking your stroller, rather than gate checking. Can just be a lot with your carry ones to get the stroller through security and then ready to check at the gate plus then someone has to carry the baby and can’t hold much else! And just have a great time!

Can’t speak to your chances of getting, but have you tried checking if any confirmed reservations available on the dvc rental sites or on here for any resort? Could be an option maybe?

And for traveling, if you’re flying make sure to have a bottle/feeding timed for take off or landing if you can and/or a pacifier if they use that to help with their ears (and distract them from noise). Otherwise I’d say bring a couple little toys to keep them occupied and maybe download a soothing baby sounds app on your phone just in case! Lastely if baby does well in a baby wearing carrier I’d vote for that and checking your stroller, rather than gate checking. Can just be a lot with your carry ones to get the stroller through security and then ready to check at the gate plus then someone has to carry the baby and can’t hold much else! And just have a great time!
Thanks for the feedback and great plane trips I'll seriously take those in considerations as it will be our first flight with a child! Unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for on those rental sites. Has anyone been on the waitlist before and could speak on their experiences?

It’s a really, really busy time of year. I can’t speak to your chances of a waitlist coming through.

What size unit do you have booked currently? And are you looking for a bigger unit or a separate unit for the inlaws?

What size unit do you have booked currently? And are you looking for a bigger unit or a separate unit for the inlaws?
I was originally thinking of a separate unit but at this point I would be fine with a bigger unit possibly a 1 bedroom (My wife and I currently have a studio booked)

If you are not opposed (and the in-laws would be ok with it too) I would put in a waitlist for a 1BR hoping it comes through, but knowing they can still come and share the studio with you.
Either way one couple is sleeping on the pull down Murphy style bed which from experience is very comfy. Baby is in the pack and play. It isn’t ideal but to me the trade off of sharing baby’s first visit (and extra hands) would be more important than the space in the unit.

Congratulations on joining the DVC family! That's so awesome that your in-laws offered to help you while on vacation with your baby (and date nights at the park!) :-) . I've had only 50% luck on wait-listing (depends on the resort). With SSR, you may have a chance for it to come through, but that's a busy time of year since it's Christmas break for kids and certainly the NYE holiday! I hope it does come through for you! I would consider a Plan B in case it doesn't. Can you book your in-laws at a studio at another DVC resort or pay out of pocket? There are also offsite hotels near Disney Springs that are walking distance that might work for them?

Thanks everyone for all the helpful comments, I spoke with DVC member services and they also recommended that I waitlist a 1bedroom villa. As for reserving outside of DVC hopefully it doesn't come to that but I guess I cross that bridge if I get there.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful comments, I spoke with DVC member services and they also recommended that I waitlist a 1bedroom villa. As for reserving outside of DVC hopefully it doesn't come to that but I guess I cross that bridge if I get there.
Congratulations on your new baby! I have nothing to add to your DVC search, but I will suggest that you look at the Disney for Families board if you haven't already. Lots of help there!!

If you are not opposed (and the in-laws would be ok with it too) I would put in a waitlist for a 1BR hoping it comes through, but knowing they can still come and share the studio with you.
Either way one couple is sleeping on the pull down Murphy style bed which from experience is very comfy. Baby is in the pack and play. It isn’t ideal but to me the trade off of sharing baby’s first visit (and extra hands) would be more important than the space in the unit.
This ^^^ 1 Bedrooms come through much more frequently than Studios. Then you will also have a full kitchen. It will short you a bathroom but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things IMO.

Is there a dressing room at the Paddock pool? How about at High Rock Spring?
Thanks!

I have seen different reports of SSR 2 bedroom villa sleeping 8 OR 9. Our 9th is not an infant. Can anyone give me insight?? Thanks!

2 in the MBR (king bed), 4 in the 2nd BR (2 queen beds?), 2 in the LR (queen murphy), 1 child in the LR (twin pull-down, supposed to be under age 3).

Not sure if the 2nd BR in a 2BR lock-off (the studio side) has 2 queen beds or 1 queen bed plus 1 queen murphy. But the 9th person is supposed to be a small child. Dinnerware and towels are for 8 people, I believe. HTH.

The 2nd BR will have a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed. The small bed in the living room, the Murphy under TV , is slightly smaller than a twin so will sleep a child or smaller adult.

The under-3 restriction is for an additional child in a crib an applies to pretty much any resort room in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter