SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I'm heading back to SSR in a couple of weeks and have requested Grandstand area which we really like. Have all of the buildings in this area had the refurb now? and are the boats running to DS yet? We stayed at OKW in March and really miss the boats.
All of the grandstand has been refurbed and they’re finishing up the carousel now. No boats are running to/from DS. I have the feeling they won’t start again until Port Orleans reopens.

Quick question I secured a room at Saratoga using RCI points (win!!) from my non DVC timeshare...it's a 1 bedroom - anyone know if it is preferred or standard? I cannot figure it out - would like to know prior to submitting a room request.

Quick question I secured a room at Saratoga using RCI points (win!!) from my non DVC timeshare...it's a 1 bedroom - anyone know if it is preferred or standard? I cannot figure it out - would like to know prior to submitting a room request.
Standard

I also got an SSR with RCI last September and we’re in the Springs, I think we were the first one in the room after the update, smell like paint,
This year book again with RCI and only offer Grandstand.

We booked a bargain RCI exchange into SSR and stayed there in early June. We were in Paddock building 45. I liked the location - the Carousel bus stop was right in front of our building, and the walk to Carriage House wasn't too bad. We walked home from the Marketplace end of DS one night and found it to be a little long for us old folks, but then again the distance from where we were when we decided to go home to the DS bus stops was probably nearly the same distance :upsidedow !

We were at Saratoga Springs recently in the Paddock building next to the pool and bridge. In the middle of the night each night there would be a brief jackhammer like sound that we thought were the pipes that woke us each night. Has anyone else experienced this there? If so,, do you know what it is? Our stay was fantastic except for this.

We were at Saratoga Springs recently in the Paddock building next to the pool and bridge. In the middle of the night each night there would be a brief jackhammer like sound that we thought were the pipes that woke us each night. Has anyone else experienced this there? If so,, do you know what it is? Our stay was fantastic except for this.
Didn't see any just married cars in the lot or a couple in wedding ears did you? :rolleyes1

Does anyone know how to connect to Disney + on TV’s at SSR? I tried the screen mirroring when you choose another source but it won’t show up on our apple phones. I wish they had updated the TV’s like the Riveria ones where it was already part of the smart TV.

I have read over tons of pages on this board and SSR resorts board. I am at a loss. I am looking for April 2022 and was looking for resort only with my family (husband, 16 yr old son, 14 year old daughter). We have stayed at BC, GF, and Poly before. BC the first time we went was amazing. Last year, it was awful. Very run down and did not want me to go back. Loved GF but the pool situation (packed) and only one old hot tub made us not want to return. Loved Poly but it was when only DVC was open and it was not too packed. SSR has a lot of different feelings on here. Some say its a pain to walk everywhere and others say its exaggerated and not that bad. I have watched HUNDREDS of youtube videos to get a sense of how much walking. I mean we walked GF to Magic Kingdom and BC to Hollywood Studios. However, don't want to walk that far for a pool. We are not doing any resorts so we will never be riding the bus.

My son wants to golf so I heard Grandstand is a great location to request. We know we will be doing Disney Springs and it doesn't appear the walk from Congress Park is too far from the Carriage House. Is "The Springs" really a great preferred category because its between the Paddock pool and Rock pool?

Does anyone know if the refillable station is now open at the Grandstand pool? Is the Grandstand Pool a nice pool? Does anyone have a great room number (not ground floor) that overlooks Grandstand Pool?

Most everyone on the DisBoards say their request is honored. We are going during Spring Break and I would hate it if I was placed in Carousel. Is this resort truly a HUGE resort that takes 10 min to go from one pool to the next?

How long from CP to Paddock pool?

So the walking “issue” is over done IMO. You can hop on the internal SSR bus to get anywhere on the resort if you don’t want to walk. I am not a walker, and never had a problem at SSR.

So the walking “issue” is over done IMO. You can hop on the internal SSR bus to get anywhere on the resort if you don’t want to walk. I am not a walker, and never had a problem at SSR.
How likely to request paddock by pool?

You can’t request “paddock” by the pool. All you can do is request “near a pool.” You might end up in the Grandstand or Paddock. Both are wonderful areas.

How likely to request paddock by pool?
Request what you want but I'd recommend indicating your priority: e.g. 1) Paddock 2) near pool or 1) near pool 2) Paddock. We were in building 45 in Paddock last month and it was at most a 10 minute walk to the pool. There are buildings each side of the Paddock pool complex that would be even closer than building 45 was. Paddock is a large section, so if you request it you're likely to get it, but some of the buildings are farther away from the pool than others, so I'd probably request "near pool" as my primary request and "Paddock" as secondary.

Pretty sure they are all standard now. I too trade in with RCI and have done so for the past ten years. We love SSR. , when we first traded in we were able to get a room in Congress Park overlooking Disney Springs. That was before they became a preferred room. Since then we have stayed in the Paddock and Grandstand. Both are nice but we prefer and always request the Grandstand near the pool when we go now. It is an easy five minute walk to the carriage house and the main pool if you want. If using the bus, it is a short walk to the bus stop too. So happy to be back next week since I haven't stayed in a refurbished room yet. Enjoy your trip.

We love exploring the quiet pools at SSR and they are all lovely! The walks aren't bad, we didn't think, and the grounds are beautiful. It is very relaxing. Make sure to look for the turtles if you cross the bridge!

Staying here for the first time ever with my best friend and my mom in November! I’m excited, I’ve never stayed in a 1 bedroom before! Which building do you guys prefer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter