SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I learned that if you ask the bus driver if they will be stopping at the front of the resort near the Carriage House and he or she says yes, you can take the bus to that bus stop from Congress Park to save on walking.
That was a life saver for me my final evening when I could barely walk but still needed to get some dinner.

And it looked like it would have been a really nice walk to Disney Springs from Congress Park. The bridge was right by my building.

How comfortable are the new murphy beds in the refurbished rooms? Trying to decide between SSR and OKW--DD didn't like the sofa bed in the unfurbished rooms at SSR. Thank you!

How comfortable are the new murphy beds in the refurbished rooms? Trying to decide between SSR and OKW--DD didn't like the sofa bed in the unfurbished rooms at SSR. Thank you!
Haven’t slept on one yet, but it has a real mattress, it is just a little thinner than the one on the queen sized bed. People have stated that they are comfortable.

I'll be staying at SSR for the first time this April, very exciting! I have a very picky toddler and the menu for Chip and Dale's Deli actually has some of his favorites- is this location close to the lobby? I know Poly's is listed as a dining option when it's actually a hike away. Also, is the Paddock pool bar open and serving food?

We are headed to SSR in June. We normally stay at the GF or the Poly but this trip it is just my husband and I so I thought I would save some points and give it a try. We did a preferred studio. Any tips on things to enjoy as an adult only trip? Hoping the boat is running to Disney Springs by then. Are there any good restaurants at the resorts to try or places to have a drink? Thanks for any info! It seems like yesterday I was posting about places to stay with toddlers and now we get to stay as adults only. Super excited to try a new resort!

We just got back from SSR and there is a quick service restaurant called Artist Pallet, that also had very basic stuff to purchase. Also by the Paddocks pool there is a small grill that does breakfast and they lunch/dinner. The food there is good but basic. The main restaurant, Turf Club, is closed right now. They do sell drinks and burgers/pizza in the evening out in the lounge area. Mostly we went to Disney Spring for dinner or did take-out from there.

I'll be staying at SSR for the first time this April, very exciting! I have a very picky toddler and the menu for Chip and Dale's Deli actually has some of his favorites- is this location close to the lobby? I know Poly's is listed as a dining option when it's actually a hike away. Also, is the Paddock pool bar open and serving food?
The chip and Dale restaurant is located BELOW the turf club and the backside of the main carriage house....I've never been down there but I believe it is right by the pro shop.

I would love some opinions, I hope this place is the best place to ask. Taking a trip to celebrate my 50th birthday this fall, yes I was born the same week as WDW, it is also my mothers 78th birthday and my daughters 12th birthday that week. My sister (54) is also joining us and if we are really lucky my niece (33) will join us for a couple days. We are taking a girls only trip, my DH has had enough Disney and my son is in college. Oct 3-9. We are down to two choices for resort. AoA family suite or a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs. The new rooms at SS look beautiful. I think we would love the extra space, kitchen, real mattress instead of pull out sofa and the peacefulness of the resort. My daughter likes the theme at AoA, but I think would be willing to give that up for a pool slide. I am concerned about the size of the resort and transportation. We will be using Disney transportation. I expect with our difference in ages that people will be coming or going from the parks at different times occasionally. Our budget doesn't allow for a preferred location. Please tell me what we would love about SS, if you think it would be a better choice than AoA for our group, any concerns there may be for our group at SS.

I would love some opinions, I hope this place is the best place to ask. Taking a trip to celebrate my 50th birthday this fall, yes I was born the same week as WDW, it is also my mothers 78th birthday and my daughters 12th birthday that week. My sister (54) is also joining us and if we are really lucky my niece (33) will join us for a couple days. We are taking a girls only trip, my DH has had enough Disney and my son is in college. Oct 3-9. We are down to two choices for resort. AoA family suite or a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs. The new rooms at SS look beautiful. I think we would love the extra space, kitchen, real mattress instead of pull out sofa and the peacefulness of the resort. My daughter likes the theme at AoA, but I think would be willing to give that up for a pool slide. I am concerned about the size of the resort and transportation. We will be using Disney transportation. I expect with our difference in ages that people will be coming or going from the parks at different times occasionally. Our budget doesn't allow for a preferred location. Please tell me what we would love about SS, if you think it would be a better choice than AoA for our group, any concerns there may be for our group at SS.
I love both. Given current situation, I’d go SSR. More good varied options to eat at Disney Springs, two pools with slides, and more space.
AoA has a decent walk from the bus stop to any room and less food options. Still, it’s great, and you’ll have fun either way.

Last edited:
Room upgrades. Hello fellow SSR fans. I was there back in October and had a studio booked in Congress park. On that trip I got my very first room upgrade, when staying on points, to a 1 bedroom and boy, was that nice.
We are returning next week and I am just curious to see if anyone else has been getting the ever so rare DVC stay room upgrades?

Room upgrades. Hello fellow SSR fans. I was there back in October and had a studio booked in Congress park. On that trip I got my very first room upgrade, when staying on points, to a 1 bedroom and boy, was that nice.
We are returning next week and I am just curious to see if anyone else has been getting the ever so rare DVC stay room upgrades?
Was there two in a half weeks ago we had booked a 1 bedroom and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom. We rented DVC points. Really nice surprise and very short walk to Disney springs.

I’ve heard of other upgrades, but when we went in November we weren’t upgraded, however our stay was for 10 nights. We had a great view though!

Attachments

• E650810B-FFC5-41B6-9D4A-92907D19F536.jpeg
    E650810B-FFC5-41B6-9D4A-92907D19F536.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 18
Do you request an upgrade, or when your room is assigned you just find out it has been upgraded. Have these been with online check in or in person? Is it more with points, what about cash reservations?

Do you request an upgrade, or when your room is assigned you just find out it has been upgraded. Have these been with online check in or in person? Is it more with points, what about cash reservations?
We did online check in but still went to lobby as we had older magic bands and she activated them for us. Room wasn’t ready so we went to Disney springs. I checked the MDE app later on in day and saw the room description was a 2 bedroom and that’s how we first saw we were upgraded. We had a 7 day stay at SSR. I rarely do cash reservations so can only speak to the DVC points side.

For us, I checked in online because our niece who goes to college in Florida was going to spend the week with my wife, daughter and I but, she was going to be there few hours before our flight landed and I wanted her to have access to the room as early as possible. She had been on a few trips with us in past years and none of us had seen the refurbed rooms yet so, we called her when we landed to check in on her and we asked what she thought of the refurbed room? She exclaimed “it’s amazing!!! They added a master bedroom and a full kitchen!!!” That’s when we found out we got upgraded.

I don’t think I would ever ask for an upgrade simply because of the fact that we only paid for a studio and, if we wanted a 1 bedroom, we could’ve used our points to pay for it. It just feels really cheap to me to ask.

Hello everyone! We just booked a very last minute trip for next week, arriving 3/7 and staying 6 days! So excited but feeling under prepared :oops: I was wondering if there are any specific services or locations that are currently closed due to the pandemic or refurbishment that we should be aware of? This will be our second time staying at SSR, however this will be more of a resort stay than our last time here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter