SSR decision...second thoughts.

I'm planning a trip for the first week of May and we came across the DVC rentals, which I've decided is the way to go. My original research and plan was to try to get in at the Bay Lake Towers. I'm going with my stepmom and 4 year old son, so being on the monorail seemed to be the perfect idea, that allowed us to easily head back to the room mid-day.
I'm using David's to rent the points and they can't secure BLT right now and offered up the week at SSR. I started researching SSR a bit more and it seems like a great place, but my only concern is the bus situation. Does anyone have estimate ride times to the parks?
I guess I'm looking for re-assurance that I made the right choice in switching to SSR.

We had our first stay at SSR this past November (during F&W and the dreaded Jersey Week). I was also concerned about the bus situation. I can tell you we had no problems at all. If I remember correctly we requested our room to be in The Paddock and were the first on and off the bus.

We had our first stay at SSR this past November (during F&W and the dreaded Jersey Week). I was also concerned about the bus situation. I can tell you we had no problems at all. If I remember correctly we requested our room to be in The Paddock and were the first on and off the bus.

First on and first off is the grandstands section not paddocks.

We have young children and have stayed at SSR several times as well as BLT. The proximity to the monorail was nice at BLT, but as others are saying the pools and splash areas are far superior at SSR. The new splash area at Paddock is wonderful since it is gated. They also have playgrounds at SSR and I don't remember seeing any at BLT. We love SSR. You won't be disappointed.

I AGREE!!!! We have stayed at BLT, AKV, OKW, BCV and BWV an by far our favorite resort is SSR. The pool area is fantastic, restaurants are great, just a wonderful resort. You will love it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter