SSB heading out on the Fantasy today (3/16) for seven day Eastern Preview Sailing!

SideshowBob

<font color=green>Oil Can aficionado<br><font colo
Very excited to be heading out in just a couple of hours on the Fantasy for seven days ... plan to do lots of exploring and picture taking along the way. I shall try to check in here a few times over the week in case there are any specific questions that I can answer or pictures taken of, etc.

Hope that all have a great weekend and week ahead!

Edit: I am going to post updates here to keep one are of info as well as in pieces along the thread itself. First updates follow here:

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dining Rotation:
E,R,A,E,R,A,E

Day One – Port Canaveral
All Aboard: 3:30 p.m.
Attire: Cruise Casual
Ronn Lucas Walt Disney Theater 6:15 & 8:30 p.m.

Day Two – Day at Sea
Attire: Formal
Disney’s Aladdin – Walt Disney Theater 6:15 & 8:30 p.m.
Captain’s Reception: 5:15 & 7:30 p.m. Lobby Atrium, Deck 3, Midship

Day Three – Day at Sea
Susan Egan – Walt Disney Theater 6:15 & 8:30 p.m.

Day Four – St. Maarten
All Ashore: Approx. 8:00 a.m.
All Aboard: 6:30 p.m.
Attire: Pirate/Cruise Casual
Pirates Night On Deck

Day Five – St. Thomas
All Ashore: Approx. 7:45 a.m.
All Aboard: 4:00 p.m.
Movie Night – Walt Disney Theater

Day Six – Day at Sea
Attire: Semi-Formal
Disney Wishes – Walt Disney Theater 6:15 & 8:30 p.m.

Day Seven – Disney’s Castaway Cay
All Ashore: Approx. 9:45 a.m.
All Aboard: 4:30 p.m.

Featured Cabaret Acts This Voyage:
Comedy and Ventriloquism of Ronn Lucas
Music and Comedy of John Charles
The Physical Comedy of Ron Pearson
Comedy and Magic of Jason Bishop

Buena Vista Theater – Featured Movies this Voyage:
Cars 2
Tangled
Real Steel
John Carter
The Help
War Horse
The Muppets
African Cats
POTC

Disney Fantasy Fun Facts:
Tonage: 130,000 Gross Tons
Height: 216 Feet
Length: 1115 Feet

Important Dates:
Name Announcement: March 10, 2009
Steel Cutting: March 16, 2010
Keel Laying: February 11, 2011
Delivery: February 9, 2012

While the cute baby elephant Dumbo serves as a fantastic stern character, in real life he would have to gather 24,266 other adult male African elephants to match the weight of the Disney Fantasy.

Almost 4 football fields in length, the Disney Fantasy is longer than the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. She is also longer than the height of New York City’s famous Chrysler building.

New:

Trying for menus here:

Royal Palace

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Remy/Palo Stand

ry%3D480

Remy & Palo Photos

Glass fixtures (which are stunning) were designed by a firm in Czech Republic called "Preciosa".

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

General Ship:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

:cool1:
We're sailing on the first "official" Eastern next month. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

SSB, can you please get some pics of the Aqua Lab? My kids are really anxious to see it in action.

I sure wish we were all on there with you. :worship:

Oh I hope you get lots and lots of pictures of everything. Will you be able to get stateroom pictures? We are in a cat. 8A with the two windows and a pole and would love to see pix of it.

Have fun, I am jealous!

Have a great trip! I look forward to your updates and of course, pictures! :thumbsup2

SSB SSB SSB!! I am going to start calling you "Waldo" (where in the world) as I never know where you will be turning up! Wish u were sailing with us to Hawaii next month...

Enjoy the Fantasy and I will look forward to your reports...hugs :grouphug:

We are sailing the Eastern in June and would love to know the nights and order of the stage shows. When I called DCL the agent wouldn't tell me as it's subject to change.

Have an awesome trip!

Have a great time! Looking forward to your updates and photos!

Bon Voyage!

Hey SSB,

Have a great cruise! What I'd like to know is what surprises you about the new ship. I'm assuming you've been on the Dream, so this is really a question about what's different and fun about the Fantasy. :confused:

What is the cruise? The "official" first cruise starts March 31st, so this is an "unofficial" one, but what's the description? Is it for TAs, media, Disney folks, hobbits, or other deserving folk?

Just looking at the clock, you're probably at the sailaway party right about now. Green with envy! :sick:

I'm curious about Quiet Cove with the splash pool on the deck above it. Can't wait to see the pics you take!

Although I was aboard for the Christening, I cannot wait to get the deets from an actual pax! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter