Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Try as I might, I missed the first bus, well any bus really. By the time I got out there it was just me and the volunteer for a few. The bus and many more runners did arrive and we were on our way. Sorry to have missed the meet up. Tables are around the light post this morning?

Anyway, good luck to all, have a great race!

I feel sorry for all the people in the corrals unprepared for the wet pavement. But I’m very glad I could use the poncho from my gear bag to sit on because that extra 30-40 minutes NOT on my feet makes a huge difference in my performance.
Yep. I have brought a poncho each morning to sit on - or if it happened to be a little cool to wear (but that wasn’t needed). Very glad I have it this morning. Standing makes my feet more tired than running. I try and sit for as long as I can.

I feel sorry for all the people in the corrals unprepared for the wet pavement. But I’m very glad I could use the poncho from my gear bag to sit on because that extra 30-40 minutes NOT on my feet makes a huge difference in my performance.
I pondered bringing my poncho to sit but idk what the lesser evil would be sitting and having legs fall asleep or standing

Coral seems much fuller than yesterday already even with entering about 5 mins earlier

Bigger field or just people not seated

Fun race.

Holy camber in a few spots!

B corral felt huge to me.

Yes, very stinky in a few spots. First Epcot back entrance and Star Wars land.

Thought the first few miles were relatively congested, although not terrible. Was a little hard to get in rhythm.

Weather seems great to me but very subjective. Nice breeze now!

Congrats all!

What a fun race!
We had a blast this morning despite the humidity 😅
How long did it take yesterday and Friday for the Photopass pictures to load on your account? Very excited to see those pics and I remember it being much quicker During wine and dine…

Had a great run today!! We hadn’t planned on stopping for characters but the lines were so short that we did quite a few.

And, yes, there were stinky areas! DH and I laughed because we train for that…one of the trails we train on goes thru a dairy farm!

Felt like more participants than yesterday…anyone know if there were more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter