• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Had an awesome 10k this morning!! Could be because we had a mild winter in Ohio which led to a consistent training cycle or it could be because I was asleep by 6:00 last night!

Wasn't planning on any character pics, but stopped for Pinocchio and Goofy. Stopped for Pluto but he went on break, so we went on.

Having always started in the third or fourth corral at RunDisney events from 2010-2022, I can say there is a huge difference when starting in the second one…lots more room to run intervals, very little congestion/bottlenecks and short to very short character lines!

Stay hydrated and safe out there tomorrow!

The weather right now…

View attachment 753593
Thankfully supposed to blow over before tomorrow. Just hoping it doesn’t leave any kind of debris. I know that’s caused problems with races before. 🤞

Not going to post a flat me since it really won’t make much of a difference. If y’all see me I’m in a bright red wheelchair racer. You’ll probably see my red back light before you spot me.

In addition another racer will be riding along side most of the way. So if you see a pair of wheelchair racers in a red and a second racer with pink-purple lights on her wheels respectively then unless something happened you ran into both of us.

Feel free to say hi. I’ll usually say hi back. Idk if she will. This was a last minute decision.

Last edited:

Trying and failing miserably to fall asleep right now. The 10k was so humid today that it really got in my head for tomorrow. I keep thinking about the last half of the race being road miles after the sun comes out…
Hope you all are getting more sleep than I am!

For those of you who are still in your rooms, it’s raining. Just in case you also forgot to look outside or check the weather, like me! Supposed to stop by 3:00.
Ha! Yeah, I was surprised when I walked out of my resort. I went back to my room for a brief second and considered my hat, but with how warm it is supposed to be and my app said it was supposed to stop soon, I decided against it. Maybe I should have grabbed my visor….

Good morning all! I did a photo with George and stopped into the merch tent. Snagged a 10K medal replica pin that I was hunting for in the expo. They have some left for those that missed out on that. After seeing how long the corral line is I decided to jump in line. Have a great race everyone!

I feel sorry for all the people in the corrals unprepared for the wet pavement. But I’m very glad I could use the poncho from my gear bag to sit on because that extra 30-40 minutes NOT on my feet makes a huge difference in my performance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter