Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

I can't answer all of these but I'll take a crack at a few.

1. It will be empty, you probably won't have to wait in line for anything. Some of the merchandise may be sold out, though.
2. I've only ever taken the bus, so I can't help with this one.
3. It depends on which corral you're in and how much you care about being towards the front of it. Corral A closes 20 min before race start (so 4:40am), corral B closes 10 min prior to race start. If you show up after your corral is closes youd just fall back and join a later corral. If it's important for you to be at the front of your corral I'd be there by 3:30 at the latest. Others who have more race experience than my measly two races should weigh in with better opinions, though. :)
4. There will be instructions on the back of your bib for linking to your photos. I don't think you need a magic band, it's all done by your bib number (but I haven't managed to stop for a character yet, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Yes, you're given instructions on how to link your bib number with photopass (or whatever Disney calls it). You want to try to have your whole bib visible in the picture to make sure it gets assigned properly.

I have a few questions about the race as I haven't done a Disney race in almost 20 years. Running the 10 miler.

1. How empty will the expo be at 2pm on Saturday? I have to wait out my kiddos morning baseball game before we drive over from Tampa. (I wish there was a later pick up option for those localish).
2. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, thinking about taking the bus but now thinking driving as it as it looks to be around the corner with no closures to get there. Which would you do?
3. How early do you really have to be there before your corral goes? (assuming transportation could affect this)
4. Pictures...how does this work? I'm an AP do I need to wear my magic band to get the pictures?
1. Probably pretty empty. And just remember, the expo closes at 3 on Saturday!
2. Since you are driving over from Tampa, how about have someone drop you off at the expo (if they don’t want to stay) on the way to the resort, and then you could take the bus to the resort.
3. I think the guide says to be at Epcot by 4. Buses can take a while and may get backed up if you wait to long. Someone already commented on corral closing times.
4. The back of your bib will give you the code to put in PhotoPass to get your pictures (as long as one in your party purchased the PhotoPass add-on).

I have a few questions about the race as I haven't done a Disney race in almost 20 years. Running the 10 miler.

1. How empty will the expo be at 2pm on Saturday? I have to wait out my kiddos morning baseball game before we drive over from Tampa. (I wish there was a later pick up option for those localish).
2. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, thinking about taking the bus but now thinking driving as it as it looks to be around the corner with no closures to get there. Which would you do?
3. How early do you really have to be there before your corral goes? (assuming transportation could affect this)
4. Pictures...how does this work? I'm an AP do I need to wear my magic band to get the pictures?
I drove in from POFQ last year and it was super quick and easy. But I always vastly prefer to drive in over taking the buses. I like to get there early, but that's a personal preference, not a necessity, I am usually parked by about 3am.

Honestly I am almost regretting not signing up for the challenge with how cute the 10k medal and shirt are. Even though I know why I didn't and I know it would be dumb with everything else going on to be doing three races in a row right now.

I’m surprised the reminder email I got for pre order pick up didn’t reinforce the VQ to get into the arena for Thursday

How do people already have their springtime surprise virtual race box? Springtime Surprise is our first virtual Disney race, but I thought we did not get the box sent to us until after we put in our times. Which you can’t do until 4/14/23.

How do people already have their springtime surprise virtual race box? Springtime Surprise is our first virtual Disney race, but I thought we did not get the box sent to us until after we put in our times. Which you can’t do until 4/14/23.
You don't have to submit anything to get your race swag. The only thing submitting times allows you to do is print completion certificates. You get your medals just for signing up.

My understanding here is that RD is kind of erratic about when they’re shipping the medals. Some people will get them before the race weekend and some will get them weeks after. The one time I did virtual (the cancelled Star Wars races of 2021) i got an email saying that a shipping label had been created but it took awhile before the box was actually shipped.

Springtime Surprise merch preview: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-2023-rundisney-springtime-surprise-weekend/

I'm not a fan of the weekend's themes to begin with, and I won't be buying anything (which is good because Dopey + Club runDisney renewal are going to take all of my Disney budget lol).
Is it just me or do the men’s/womans I did it shirts look to be different colors that will help to curb the confusion we had in November when my sister had to go back to exchange a shirt she got for her husband

My main shopping list is magnets, medal and/or logo pins for 10k/10m pre order 5k & challenge pin bundle than if they have headbands again

I saw a pic of the 5K shirt from a virtual runner who got their box, has anyone seen the other 3 yet? Just a little impatient over here haha
Oooh, love the shirts! I hope they have a nice jacket this year.

Last edited:
It is funny that the merchandise parks blog post says that the expo is open at 12AM on Friday.

Copied from Disney Parks Blog:
  • April 13, 2023: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Friday, April 14, 2023: 12 a.m. – 6 p.m.
  • Saturday, April 15, 2023: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The event guide luckily is correct with opening time on 4/14 as 12PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter