Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Does anyone know if the buses were more organized at the last couple of races (Marathon or princess) For springtime last year they were such a disaster I was thinking about driving this year. Our driver got lost and we missed the start of a race. We did make it before the end of the start if that makes sense (we couldn't start in our assigned corral because it'd already left) I like taking buses for convenience but I'm nervous about missing the start again.
In my experience, it’s always hit or miss, regardless of which race it is. There is always at least one bus issue per race weekend and whether or not it happens to be the bus you’re on is a total gamble. Best you can do is get on one early enough that if it gets lost it won’t be a problem.

In my experience, it’s always hit or miss, regardless of which race it is. There is always at least one bus issue per race weekend and whether or not it happens to be the bus you’re on is a total gamble. Best you can do is get on one early enough that if it gets lost it won’t be a problem.
Ok thanks! For last year springtime we were waiting at the bus stop near our room for about an hour because the hotel folks told us the buses would come there and there were lots of other people also waiting, but they never did. We eventually lost hope on that stop and went over to the front of the hotel and caught the bus from there. The driver was lost for about 45 min. We thought we'd given ourselves plenty of time but I never expected it to take as long as it did! Maybe this time I'll just walk to the lobby straight away.

Last year I just did the 5k and it was my worst bus experience getting to DAK we were held in traffic at the toll plaza before making a u turn and going backstage probably cause day guests were still leaving the parking lots

Returning first they directed me towards the parking lot than they told me I was getting on the pop century bus but when it stopped at swan I was confused I was fortunate that I had a family member with a car to get me

Ok thanks! For last year springtime we were waiting at the bus stop near our room for about an hour because the hotel folks told us the buses would come there and there were lots of other people also waiting, but they never did. We eventually lost hope on that stop and went over to the front of the hotel and caught the bus from there. The driver was lost for about 45 min. We thought we'd given ourselves plenty of time but I never expected it to take as long as it did! Maybe this time I'll just walk to the lobby straight away.
For last year's Springtime Surprise (and for the other 2 runDisney races I've participated in), there was a representative from the transportation company stationed at the bus stop. She had a clipboard (I believe recording the count of passengers for each bus) and was in communication with at least a central dispatch. This was at the Swan stop. Were they only at certain stops?

For last year's Springtime Surprise (and for the other 2 runDisney races I've participated in), there was a representative from the transportation company stationed at the bus stop. She had a clipboard (I believe recording the count of passengers for each bus) and was in communication with at least a central dispatch. This was at the Swan stop. Were they only at certain stops?
I've been doing races since 2017 and usually stay at Port Orleans riverside. I've never seen a transport representative at a bus stop. So funny that it's different at every resort! I always used to catch the bus at the stops near the rooms though, maybe they had one out at the lobby?

I've been doing races since 2017 and usually stay at Port Orleans riverside. I've never seen a transport representative at a bus stop. So funny that it's different at every resort! I always used to catch the bus at the stops near the rooms though, maybe they had one out at the lobby?
Just another data point here, but at Marathon Weekend this year I stayed at CBR. There was a transportation company representative at each stop around the resort.

Didn't run either weekend but seems like there haven't been major issues for the 2023 races so far. I definitely remember complaints about PW last year though.

There was one at OWK for last year's Springtime Surprise! We were at the Poly for marathon weekend, but only ran the half so took the monorail. All Star Music had one for this past Princess weekend.

Didn't run either weekend but seems like there haven't been major issues for the 2023 races so far. I definitely remember complaints about PW last year though.
Princess was a mess last year partly because of construction and people who were driving having to park at HS and shuttle in

To follow up on my own post, having the representative there for me alleviates some concerns about using the buses to get to the races (e.g., do they know we're here waiting?).

To follow up on my own post, having the representative there for me alleviates some concerns about using the buses to get to the races (e.g., do they know we're here waiting?).
Yes! At Princess weekend our rep ran through the parking lot to wave down the bus because the driver didn't know where to go. We would have been in trouble without her.

Yes! At Princess weekend our rep ran through the parking lot to wave down the bus because the driver didn't know where to go. We would have been in trouble without her.
That seems great. There were runners at the bus stop I was waiting at who called the Disney transportation phone number and the cast member told them not to leave the bus stop, a bus was coming. I’m not sure if they ever did get a bus over to that stop, I left when it had been around an hour with no bus. A person right there would have been nice.

I have almost always stayed at POR and have had a transport representative by the lobby. One time they were out on the loop as well....probably have 10 or more events under my belt and have always stayed on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter