Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Thanks for the input everyone. One more question, the food trucks and stuff at the start area, can you use your magic band for payment or are they outside vendors that need a card?
I don’t remember, I would bring a card just in case

Hello all! Hubby is doing SS and staying at Kidani. Does anyone know if the bus will come there or if the Jambo shuttle will be running? THanks!

Thanks for the input everyone. One more question, the food trucks and stuff at the start area, can you use your magic band for payment or are they outside vendors that need a card?
Joffreys had a credit card only sign posted in January. Didn’t visit any of the other food trucks, but I always carry a card JIC.

This will be my first run disney event. What are some of the tips you veterans can give a newbie to make his whole process smooth and enjoyable? I do have a question about the expo. If I am reading things right I do need to get a check in pass to pick up my bib and shirts, but i only need to get into the virtual que if I want to go to the expo and get any merch, is that correct? Also it looks like bib pick up and shirt pick up is in two different places? Also on race mornings, I know enough to get there early, but once there does everyone just move tot he corrals and wait there? What is it like once you get off th bus?
Looks like you have already received a lot of good advice. So I will just emphasize that leaving early will make the pre-race period much less stressful, especially for first time. You are very welcome to come to the morning pre-race meet up and have a good race!

Hello all! Hubby is doing SS and staying at Kidani. Does anyone know if the bus will come there or if the Jambo shuttle will be running? THanks!
I have only stayed at Jambo during a race weekend, but my memory is that the race buses would go to one and then the other.

Last edited:
Yes there will be buses at Kidani. If you ever do want to go to Jambo and you don't want to wait for the shuttle, there is also a short walking path. It mostly cuts through parking lots but is only a 5-10 minute walk.

I haven't trained with energy gels or beans for this run. But, I have used them for longer distances in the past. I ran 11 miles a few days ago and my legs were absolutely gassed at mile 7. I still made it in before the balloons would have caught me, but I'd like to fuel a little better during the run. Will there be anything at the expo or on the course anyone would recommend? I could also just bring something with me. Any recommendations?
Great questions! I'll share what experienced runners told me before I did my races, and now that I've done a few (half- marathons and an ultra marathon) I found the following to be helpful:

- Do not "try out something" on (or very close to) race day. Test your body / fuel compatibility beforehand.
- Fuel every 4ish miles, and know which fuel is designed to take water with it.
- Salt is important for muscles, but also for cognition. Salt intake can help with "brain fog." I prefer salted maple syrup packet.
- I love non-caffeine gels, but I've heard the caffeine gel is good for the back half of a run... just know when your body is going to actually use the fuel. Don't wait for the last two miles to push caffeine! ;)
- My favourite gels were honey stinger. I liked the gummies for courses where I wanted a little bit more often. My favourite electrolyte is Nuun. People like tailwind, but it wasn't for me. (People love GU a lot)
- Weather can impact fuel / hydration strategy. Plan ahead to be well hydrated (but not over hydrated) at least 1-2 days before the race. Be aware what's in the cup at the aid station.
- I LOVE the Stinger waffles, but I save them for a treat after a race. I don't like them for on course running. They're great for hiking!

Standard disclaimer: As always check with your doctor for any fuel concerns, especially if your situation requires certain levels.

10 miler bib 3xx. I had a 1:29 10 miler POT - hoping this is good enough for A? Are there multiple POT corrals for springtime surprise? I used this same POT for the half in January and got A with it.

10 miler bib 3xx. I had a 1:29 10 miler POT - hoping this is good enough for A? Are there multiple POT corrals for springtime surprise? I used this same POT for the half in January and got A with it.

If your bib is three digits, you're almost assuredly corral A.

Bib Number 257XX here. No POT submitted.
DH is at work so I'm waiting to see what his number is.

Went and looked, last year my bib was 244XX and I was in Coral D, second to last. Who knows what that means for this year. :confused3

Bib 264xx.
Not liking the look of that. I know I didn't have a POT and I don't remember what I put down as estimated finish time.

Edit - I didn't realize I could still find that info on the site. I put an estimated finish of 2:16-2:30 for the 10 miler and 12:01-14:00mm for the 5 and 10k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter