Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Thanks all! I was kind of dreading that. Still, my benchmark for mile 3 this year was the 3 minute standstill at the Disneyland Half water stop (IYKYK) so I suppose a congested walk will be an improvement over that.
The only time I've experienced crowding like the DL mile 3 issue at WDW was the 2020 marathon when they cut the Blizzard Beach loop from the course. I was right behind the cutoff and became part of the Great Merge™️ -- literally shoulder to shoulder from that point until we got to Epcot. This will/should not be that bad!

Hi everyone! I injured my back 2 weeks ago. It's been 3 weeks since I ran my last long run (I did 7 miles). I am a healthy 35 year old woman and I'm panicking a little because I still have some back pain and I don't want to run until it's relieved. I guess I can walk?! I'm doing the 10 miler. I did the half Princess weekend in '23 and am generally in 10k shape year round. I'm hoping muscle memory from all my work these past few months helps! Trying not to get discouraged :(

Hi everyone! I injured my back 2 weeks ago. It's been 3 weeks since I ran my last long run (I did 7 miles). I am a healthy 35 year old woman and I'm panicking a little because I still have some back pain and I don't want to run until it's relieved. I guess I can walk?! I'm doing the 10 miler. I did the half Princess weekend in '23 and am generally in 10k shape year round. I'm hoping muscle memory from all my work these past few months helps! Trying not to get discouraged :(
You’ll do great! You still have a few weeks to rest up and heal - worst case scenario you walk it and enjoy the scenery.

Keep resting your back. If you can walk and have the time, try walking the training distances. Back issues are never fun and healing up should be the first priority. Sounds like you have a good base anyway. It is always better to go into a race weekend a bit under trained than trying to race injured.

You got this!

Keep resting your back. If you can walk and have the time, try walking the training distances. Back issues are never fun and healing up should be the first priority. Sounds like you have a good base anyway. It is always better to go into a race weekend a bit under trained than trying to race injured.

You got this!
Thanks for the encouragement! Back pain is pretty much gone but feels VERY STIFF like it's about to blow haha I did walk 2 miles today which felt appropriate. I agree I'd rather go under trained than injured.

Someone just posted the shirts pictures on FB.
5k light green
10k yellow
10M orange
Challenge royal blue
can you send a link? or the name of the Facebook group?
So excited to see those shirts!!!
Springtime surprise is coming soon! :)

ETA: sent too soon - thanks for the picture!

Love the designs and colors, but I agree @Bree -- especially the yellow one.

It looks similar to the MW 5K & 10K shirts this year. Those were see through. All the shirts look like they came from MW and DL fabric scraps bin 😂

Green - DL 5K
Yellow - MW 5K
Orange - MW 10K
Blue - MW half

I don’t know why I’m complaining. I’ll continue to keep signing up for the races and I rarely wear race shirts outside of race weekends 🤦‍♀️

I rarely wear race shirts outside of race weekends 🤦‍♀️
SAME! Though I did just pull out my (very nice, Champion brand) 2017 Tink Challenge neon yellow shirt to wear with my Tink skirt and wings for the SS Neverland 5K next month. Doubt I'll be able to do that for any of these as I suspect they may just unravel themselves in the drawer. :jester:

Last edited:
SAME! Though I did just pull out my (very nice, Columbia brand) 2017 Tink Challenge neon yellow shirt to wear with my Tink skirt and wings for the SS Neverland 5K next month. Doubt I'll be able to do that for any of these as I suspect they may just unravel themselves in the drawer. :jester:
It's a Champion brand, not Columbia, isn't it?

Shirt quality looks super cheap and crummy and some look see through.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the race shirt material. They are super light and good for running and/or walking around the parks. I have plenty of sturdy t-shirts and such; these tend to be unique and well-suited for lots of situations for me. The only other thing I could possibly want is a sturdier moisture-wicking material like some of my other running shirts, but I care way more about the medals than the shirts.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the race shirt material. They are super light and good for running and/or walking around the parks. I have plenty of sturdy t-shirts and such; these tend to be unique and well-suited for lots of situations for me. The only other thing I could possibly want is a sturdier moisture-wicking material like some of my other running shirts, but I care way more about the medals than the shirts.
my sentiments exactly.. I use them frequently and they have stand the test of time..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter