Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

With dining opening up in a few weeks, I thought I'd come on here and ask if anyone has a particular meal/dish they're hoping to eat during Springtime Surprise?

Personally, I love Satuli Canteen and want to make it into DAK to grab one of their bowls.
Eating a bowl at Satu'li Canteen with noodles as the base has become my tradition for carb-loading for every half marathon I run at WDW. I have it for lunch the day before the half, so Friday at MW and Saturday for every other weekend. It's so freaking good and a good carb and protein-heavy meal!

Does anyone know if A and B are both POT corrals for the 10 miler? I have gotten into A with a sub-90 minute 10 miler POT for a recent runDisney half, but was curious how the cutoffs work for the 10 miler as my POT is close to 90 minutes. A 90 minute 10 miler is still a better pace than a 2-hour half, so even though the cutoff POT for a 10 mile race is 90 minutes, I'd still be placed ahead of folks submitting a 2+ hour half POT, right?

Does anyone know if A and B are both POT corrals for the 10 miler? I have gotten into A with a sub-90 minute 10 miler POT for a recent runDisney half, but was curious how the cutoffs work for the 10 miler as my POT is close to 90 minutes. A 90 minute 10 miler is still a better pace than a 2-hour half, so even though the cutoff POT for a 10 mile race is 90 minutes, I'd still be placed ahead of folks submitting a 2+ hour half POT, right?
The past 2 years corral B was not a POT corral. I selected 1:30-1:45 (POT not required) and was placed in B both years.

So this is my first RunDisney event and we booked DVC Contemporary. Last year was supposed to be my first race but an injury and unscheduled surgery took me out. Anyways, can anyone point me to a thread with all beginner info? Like Bib pickup…. Transportation info. Etc

So this is my first RunDisney event and we booked DVC Contemporary. Last year was supposed to be my first race but an injury and unscheduled surgery took me out. Anyways, can anyone point me to a thread with all beginner info? Like Bib pickup…. Transportation info. Etc

The digital expo guide with all the detailed information will come out 1-2 weeks before the event. In the meantime, take a look at the Princess Weekend Expo Guide--it will be similar. They will re-use the same link URL (which is annoying as you can't go back in time) as the one below.

https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/expo

Absolute basics: You will pickup your bib at the expo, which is at WWoS. The races are staged from Epcot. Bus transportation is provided from every resort to the expo and to the races. You can also drive if you choose, Races start at 5 and buses will start ~2:30.

This may give you a general feel for things, but ask specific questions that you may have.

The digital expo guide with all the detailed information will come out 1-2 weeks before the event. In the meantime, take a look at the Princess Weekend Expo Guide--it will be similar. They will re-use the same link URL (which is annoying as you can't go back in time) as the one below.

Absolute basics: You will pickup your bib at the expo, which is at WWoS. The races are staged from Epcot. Bus transportation is provided from every resort to the expo and to the races. You can also drive if you choose, Races start at 5 and buses will start ~2:30.

This may give you a general feel for things, but ask specific questions that you may have.
Thank you! This is very informative

I read that for the princess run Disney is offering 50% off water park tickets. If they continue this for the springtime surprise would it be for Typhoon Lagoon? I saw the runner has to show their bib when they buy tickets. Does the runner themselves have to buy a water park ticket or can they just buy for the 3 guests? I am not personally running a family member is for the first time, and I don't know how up to it he would be to go to a water park after his race.

Would we have to go to the water park the day we would want to go in to buy tickets?

I read that for the princess run Disney is offering 50% off water park tickets. If they continue this for the springtime surprise would it be for Typhoon Lagoon? I saw the runner has to show their bib when they buy tickets. Does the runner themselves have to buy a water park ticket or can they just buy for the 3 guests? I am not personally running a family member is for the first time, and I don't know how up to it he would be to go to a water park after his race.

Would we have to go to the water park the day we would want to go in to buy tickets?
They offered this deal for Springtime last year for Typhoon Lagoon. I don’t think I had to choose a particular day when I bought the ticket at the expo. I didn’t have any guests, so I can’t help with that part of the question. I chose to do the water park on my 5K day (I did all 3 races) and it was actually a really relaxing way to keep my legs in shape for the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for the expo link, even though it is for a different event right now. Reading the expo webpage, it sounds like there is monorail transportation to EPCOT for those of us staying at a monorail resort, right?

If so, pardon another first-time-racer question. You have to pass through security one time to get on the monorail. Once you arrive at EPCOT, do you exit that and then have to go through security again to line up for the race?

Reading the expo webpage, it sounds like there is monorail transportation to EPCOT for those of us staying at a monorail resort, right?

If so, pardon another first-time-racer question. You have to pass through security one time to get on the monorail. Once you arrive at EPCOT, do you exit that and then have to go through security again to line up for the race?
Last year, for Springtime Surprise at least, the monorail was not running. If you were staying at a monorail resort, you still had to take a bus or drive each morning.
That would be amazing if that changed for this year though!🤞

Managed to get the dining reservations I wanted. The only problem I ran into was for Homecomin', which I expected. I'm eating there with some locals the day I land, and the only time available was for 2.5 hours after my flight is scheduled to arrive. That's just asking to be delayed, I feel like.

Also, the HEA dessert party dates don't go out past the 20th. Tried to snag one for the Monday after the races and discovered that, so I'll have to keep checking back. Hoping I don't forget, because that's what usually happens. :rolleyes: :laughing:

I got the ADRs that I wanted. Sounds like everybody else had good luck with their ADRs too. :)

Pardon another newbie question that I don't see addressed in the runDisney FAQ or WWoS webpage. Can you bring suitcases into the AdventHealth Arena? If not, I assume it is OK if my DW waits outside with our luggage for a few minutes while I quickly (I hope) pick up my race bib.

Our flight arrives mid afternoon, but before the 4pm resort check-in time. I know that Bay Lake Tower bell services could hold onto our luggage, but I think it would be easier if we traveled MCO->WWoS->BLT than MCO->BLT->WWoS->BLT.

They offered this deal for Springtime last year for Typhoon Lagoon. I don’t think I had to choose a particular day when I bought the ticket at the expo. I didn’t have any guests, so I can’t help with that part of the question. I chose to do the water park on my 5K day (I did all 3 races) and it was actually a really relaxing way to keep my legs in shape for the rest of the weekend.
Thank you for the info. I will ask when we go to the expo about if the runner has to buy a ticket or can buy them just for their guests. Where at the expo did you buy your ticket?

Thank you for the info. I will ask when we go to the expo about if the runner has to buy a ticket or can buy them just for their guests. Where at the expo did you buy your ticket?
It was right where you exit from the non-runDisney merchandise expo (which is also where you pick up your race shirts)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter