Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere else (please point me to it if it has), but I need to understand more about logistics around transportation to and from the races.
Others have already covered this. Google/apple maps does a good job of routing your around any road closures (likely only for the 10k and 10mi), just don't try to get there as late as possible.

We are staying onsite and have a rental vehicle. Trying to decide if it will be more advantageous to drive myself to the race and just leave my stuff in the car rather than use bag check. I can also use the car to relax and have a few minutes to myself prior to jumping in the corrals. How hard is it getting out of there after the race if I am in the car?
Depending on which lot they put you in, it could be about a 0.75mi walk from the finish chute to your car. And if it's the same finish chute they used for MW, it's looooooong. Bag check is REALLY easy, and is at the end of the finish chute so you can get out of your shoes, put on a layer, take off a layer, dry socks, snack you brought, poncho if it's raining, etc right away if you want.

Getting out of the lot usually isn't difficult at all, unless you finish before they reopen the roads (in which case you'd just have to wait.) All of that information will be in the event guide when it comes out, but you could also look at last year's info to figure that out. I will add the caveat that getting out of the parking lot after MW's half-of-a-half was horrible, but I think that had more to do with how many people were trying to leave at the same time, and bus drivers that didn't know what they were doing.

Do we think that the routes will be close to, if not exactly like, the routes for WDWMW?
I am attaching the course map from the previous years' races. Early on there was speculation the course may take us over to AK. We just have to wait, somewhat patiently, for RunDisney to release the course maps. Who knows, maybe there will be a "surprise".

Attachments

• 2023_SpringtimeSurprise_10Miler-2.png
    2023_SpringtimeSurprise_10Miler-2.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 18

Damn I missed this …
Does anyone know how long was the 5K open?
Don't know for certain since I was trying to get registered myself, but if my ******* notifications are any indication less than 11 minutes.

I will say from my experience registering for the Disneyland 5k, from now until 1 month out is prime time for runDisney to start listing bibs. Also, if you get notified that one type of bib is available, get in the queue and once through keep refreshing the registration page for a few minutes because they release the bibs one by one, not as a batch.

With dining opening up in a few weeks, I thought I'd come on here and ask if anyone has a particular meal/dish they're hoping to eat during Springtime Surprise?

Personally, I love Satuli Canteen and want to make it into DAK to grab one of their bowls.
My DH wants a Steakhouse 71 breakfast. He said those seasonal pancakes would be a great recovery meal. :rotfl:
Gideon's peanut butter chocolate cake is my favorite Disney dessert, so I'm hoping the day it'll be available will work with my trip plans. Last year, I ate some of it after the Toy Story 10-Miler, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the tastiest things I'd ever had. But that also could've been the endorphins talking. Who am I to guess? :laughing:

I still need to talk with my friend to double check on the ADRs we want for Friday & Saturday though Thursday post expo I think we may try to see how crazy the gideons line is if not I have post race cookie back ups
(Bus from springs to beach club walk to Epcot get cookie from Germany for post 5k then bus from epcot back to music then Friday in studios grab cookie from Trolly car cafe for post 10k)

A week ago, when doing our long run, DH asked if him coming would impact my trip. So, to make sure we both had a great time, we discussed priorities. We had at least two training runs since then talking about Disney food 😂

It is worth noting that DH is Celiac hence must eat gluten-free. Here are our top food objectives:
- Eat GF beignets at POFQ (and maybe the churros at Nomad’s Lounge).
- Use our Landry’s coupons and gift cards at Yak and Yeti and T-Rex.
- Drink an African Margarita at the Dawa Bar.
- ADR at Oga Cantina and Space 220 Lounge for the atmosphere.
- Cover the classics like Dole Whip, Mickey Bar, Mickey waffles and tacos in Mexico.
- Get tempted by a few new to us QS that have good options for DH.

If we see that we are tired of QS, we will try to book last minute ADR or walk-in at less popular places.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter