Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Just doing the 5k/10k but hypothetically if I were to modify my estimated pace if it let me before proof of time deadline on the 9th it wouldn’t just boot me to last coral right?

Thinking about the early morning run for the 10-miler.... is it cold enough that you would wear a long-sleeve dri-fit shirt or would that get too hot as the run goes on? We are training in Arkansas so will be used to changing temps and I've been to WDW in March, but I am never up that early on vacation. Seems like layers might be appropriate, but I don't want to carry anything as I shed it. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know of routes available from previous 10k or 1/2 marathon runs that would import into a NordicTrack treadmill? Not at all necessary, but might be fun for wintery dreadmill runs as an alternative.

Thinking about the early morning run for the 10-miler.... is it cold enough that you would wear a long-sleeve dri-fit shirt or would that get too hot as the run goes on?

Last year (and, I think, the previous year), it was HOT and humid. Admittedly I'm a northern girl, but I wore a tank top for the 10-miler. If you are concerned about waiting around, the best bet is a mylar blanket. But for SS, I really, really, really don't think it will be necessary.

Last year (and, I think, the previous year), it was HOT and humid. Admittedly I'm a northern girl, but I wore a tank top for the 10-miler. If you are concerned about waiting around, the best bet is a mylar blanket. But for SS, I really, really, really don't think it will be necessary.
Good to know thanks!

I concur—I’ve done both Springtime Surprise weekends so far, and I haven’t been the least bit cold. Half-suffocated by humidity, yes, but not cold (until you get on the return bus to the resort all drenched in sweat—then you want something to keep you warm)

I choose these April races because I am sure to be hot. I am used to run in freezing temperatures. I am wearing shorts and tank top for all Springtime Surprise races. The only time I might get cold is if it is raining. I will bring ponchos just in case. Also, when in air conditioning. I carry a little vest while touring the parks.

I’m training for Princess, not sure what I’m going to do when it’s finished because I’m not running SS for time, but we’ll see I guess. 🤣

still need to figure out WHAT I’m doing for the 10K & Dapper Day
Are you thinking of combining the two? I have an UP themed dress I'd like to wear for the 10K, but am waiting to see if it makes sense with the weather as we get closer.

I was just there for MW, but I'm already looking forward to SS so much. April feels so far away!

Are you thinking of combining the two? I have an UP themed dress I'd like to wear for the 10K, but am waiting to see if it makes sense with the weather as we get closer.

I was just there for MW, but I'm already looking forward to SS so much. April feels so far away!
No definitely doing running costume and dd separately

A part of me wants to go more springy for Dapper however at the same time I have a black dress I feel I can plus up and accessorize

No definitely doing running costume and dd separately

A part of me wants to go more springy for Dapper however at the same time I have a black dress I feel I can plus up and accessorize
I’m going springy for the Epcot day, since it’ll fit with Flower & Garden, and less springy for the MK day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter