• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Could the middle one be Luca?

Anyway, I was probably sold at Stitch 😅

Does anyone think anything of the FB animation that goes through each park?

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 2.59.43 PM.png

I can't tell if it's an artifact, but it appears to be some sort of arch in the background. I definitely see clouds in the sky now. And some sort of circular pathway? It's hard to tell. The Lion King one using the same method really pops.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 2.50.36 PM.png

View attachment 771364

I can't tell if it's an artifact, but it appears to be some sort of arch in the background. I definitely see clouds in the sky now. And some sort of circular pathway? It's hard to tell. The Lion King one using the same method really pops.

View attachment 771365
That definitely looks like Paradise Falls—the light spot near the top left edge of the question mark is the falls, and then the curves are the edges of the plateaus (or possibly pools of water?)

IMG_0019.jpeg

Last edited:
Please, please, please don't let it be The Good Dinosaur.

Ugh. IDK what they were thinking with that storyline. So much of that movie was gorgeous and the animation was good, but NOT THE STORY.

I love Stitch! And up is one of my favorites. While I don't like the movie Peter pan as much, I do really like the art. I am tempted to sign up, even though I keep thinking I want to do a rock n roll race like the one in Nashville also in April, I keep coming to Disney!

Slowly making my way back to the DIS. It’s been a tough year but I’m officially registered for PW and had resigned myself to “just” the longest race for SS due to not being able to take off Friday… until today…

Now I’m toying with a TERRIBLE idea of flying in Thursday, picking up my bib, running the 5K and flying back home, working a half day and flying back that night for the remainder of the weekend :faint: The terrible idea really goes back to wanting to attempt a perfect race weekend. Even if it ends up not being recognized by runDisney, I love the idea that I have the opportunity to go for one. And of course, how could I pass on Stitch??

Bad idea? Absolutely. Could a lot go wrong? Of course. But is it possible? :scratchin

My mind and my wallet have such a love/hate relationship with runDisney… :rotfl2:

Stupid question alert: Can you just work remotely from your hotel room instead of flying back home?

I hope Lion King is either the 10k or 10 miler because I would definitely do that theme! Ambivalent on Up, super meh on Peter Pan.

If Adventure is the theme, can they have old Adventurer’s Club players on the course??

Wow you guys just made my day!
I hadn’t seen the blog post, so I was really excited to come hear and read about it… I love that there have been fans like you guys reading into the details of each picture! I think you nailed it with the Lion king, Peter Pan and up!
Now I really want to do the challenge… I was already sold on the longer race (10-miler or half marathon) but now I am just too excited about the stitch theme and I am thinking of doing all 3 races!
We already got flight tickets from Wednesday to Monday (there was an awesome sale with 300CAD$ tickets to Orlando from Montreal!) so it is definitely an option… but it sounds crazy waking up so early 3 days in a row 😳
I know this is not the right group to talk me out of it, but please talk me out of it 😂

I hadn’t seen the blog post, so I was really excited to come hear and read about it… I love that there have been fans like you guys reading into the details of each picture! I think you nailed it with the Lion king, Peter Pan and up!
Now I really want to do the challenge… I was already sold on the longer race (10-miler or half marathon) but now I am just too excited about the stitch theme and I am thinking of doing all 3 races!
We already got flight tickets from Wednesday to Monday (there was an awesome sale with 300CAD$ tickets to Orlando from Montreal!) so it is definitely an option… but it sounds crazy waking up so early 3 days in a row 😳
I know this is not the right group to talk me out of it, but please talk me out of it 😂
You’re already going to be there, you might as well just do all the races. Think of the FOMO if you don’t do them all and then see all us Challengers with our awesome Stitch medals on Sunday (yes, I acknowledge that I’m completely failing at talking you out of it 🤣🤣)

The same person that asks to be talked out of it is telling me that there are 300$ flight YUL-MCO 🙄

Well, the only thing the images are definitively telling me is that it will NOT be a Star Wars theme, so I’m pretty safe from doing anything stupid from a budget standpoint. Bummer, though expected.

I don’t care enough about Stitch (though I adore the movie!) to pay extra for a challenge, so whatever they wind up being, I’ll likely be happy to just do one race and call it good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter