• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossing - Fees?

MIChessGuy

(Almost) Too Old for Roller Coasters
I am seeing a remarkably good deal on UCT for the SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossing for mid-May. The closest I've stayed to that area is on 192 in the Maingate West corridor, so I'm not all that familiar with it. Does anyone know if they assess resort and/or parking fees? Any input on this hotel and the area generally? (I will have a rental car so am not too concerned with distance to attractions.)

I am seeing a remarkably good deal on UCT for the SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossing for mid-May. The closest I've stayed to that area is on 192 in the Maingate West corridor, so I'm not all that familiar with it. Does anyone know if they assess resort and/or parking fees? Any input on this hotel and the area generally? (I will have a rental car so am not too concerned with distance to attractions.)

I don't think this level has resort fees and online says "Complimentary on-site parking".

I have not stayed as I've been a Hilton diehard but now that my HH status has changed, I would stay .... and I would stay here in a heartbeat. I love the location to be away from tourist congestion but easy in to property. My sister has stayed and enjoyed it.

PS Just looked at rates - very nice! If I had my AP I'd be booking a trip right now.

No Idea of what the hotel is like BUT if you stay there you are within a few miles of many eating places

on Hwy 192 east

Leave hotel drive onto 429 ( Toll) & get off at next junction for Hwy 192

And if you turn Right Mannys Chop House is there & if you turn Left within 200 yards

the choice is yours ( All good & Price is very good )

It does sound pretty good. I have been holding back based on a (faint) hope of snagging one of the Disney Values that can sometimes be identified on Priceline or Hotwire if you know what you're doing. But, those probably won't show up until next month and by then the SpringHill deal may have vanished. It *is* a tough world out there....

We stayed there for a night before our stay at POFQ and really liked it. No extra fees. It's really not far from the parks at all and close to AK of course. If you have an AP its a great spot. Pre-COVID we had a nice meal at the onsite Flamingo's Bar & Grille, though I'm unsure of its status now. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

We stayed there and enjoyed it as well. Very clean and close to AK. Breakfast was disappointing but waffles were good.

I have stayed there many times for quick trips. Great, quiet location with easy access to Disney. No resort or parking fees. Nice rooms. Not much traffic around there.

A year ago when I was last there the breakfast was OK. It's free, so that makes it taste better, of course. The onsite food was OK as well.

The only downside if there is one is you have to drive everywhere. It's a bit isolated.

You could uber over to Coronado Springs and use Disney transport if you want a break from driving. It's about 3 miles away.

I have also stayed here and its adjoining property of Towneplace Suites as well several times. No extra fees or parking fees. Always a nice stay. Its nice because it appears to be an out of the way location. Far removed from the crazy tourist area and Disney but it really isn't far at all.

If you wish to get back to 192 for a multitude of restaurants and shopping without getting back on the toll road (429) its super quick and easy. Exit the parking lot turning left onto Flamingo Crossing Blvd. The name will change to Hartzog road follow it around until it dead ends on Avalon road. Turn left on Avalon Road. Turn left onto 192 there are tons of restaurants and shopping just past 429 and 192 intersection.

Last edited:
We live just north of this hotel via the turnpike, so we always take 429 coming into Disney. With that being said, there are some decent eatery offerings, etc. off of the intersection of 429 and 535 (Winter Garden Vineland Road).

@hertamaniac we were planning on getting some Chicago style pizza at Giordano's up there, but after a long long day we wound up at the on site restaurant, wish we'd gone though.

We have stayed next door at Towneplace and love it. It's quiet and pretty close to Disney World without all the traffic. Restaurants really aren't that far away. Definitely recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter