Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

I wish there were special digital photo frames and stickers themed to the race available in photo pass /memory maker. We stopped for some characters and there’s some okay photos while running, but the only edit options available are cropping and filters.

I am so tired that I spent at least 5 minutes trying to figure why Disney would have a race themed after General Electric before I realized you meant galaxy’s edge. 🤣
Well, we're talking about the same Disney that brought us Monsanto House of the Future, so it's not that far off maybe. . . 😆

Hello everyone! I’ve enjoyed reading all the positive reviews of this weekend, and am very jealous that I could only fit the 5k into my weekend! It was total luck that I could do even that, so I am grateful, but still bummed I couldn’t get all three! It sounds like the 10k and 10 miler were great races!

My question is about the pictures. I have memory maker and all my park pics have loaded to my account just fine. I’ve tried following the directions on the RunDisney page about going to the Photo Pass page of your account, select “link photos,” then typing in the 11-digit race code, plus the 5-digit bib number. Every time I do that, I get a message that the code is invalid. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong? Has anyone else had problems getting their pics from the 5k?
Goes the digital event guide still have the 5K and 10M codes swapped?
Try using the code on the bib though I don’t know how long the window post race you can add the code to mde
I wish there were special digital photo frames and stickers themed to the race available in photo pass /memory maker. We stopped for some characters and there’s some okay photos while running, but the only edit options available are cropping and filters.
I miss those

I am not trying to place blame on any of these runners. I think my daughter said it best. If no one is sharing this info, how will anyone learn. She felt runner etiquette should be part of the spiel shared prerace. RunDisney is certainly a welcoming space for new runners, but the organization could do a better job balancing new and veteran runner needs for everyone’s benefit.
I know that for Wine and Dine last year, they kept telling slower runners and walkers to stay to the right when the race was starting. Short of that, and the social media posts, I'm not sure what else they can do.
I think not running/walking 5 across is just common courtesy that a lot of people lack, even when just walking on a sidewalk. I remember my first race, noticing pretty quickly that people will put their hand up when they're going to walk, so we started doing that too. It's not hard to look around and see proper running etiquette.

I was trying to post this from the plane last night but it wouldn't go through! So here it is today:

I was so happy with the 10M today. I was very happy to be in S3 with no POT (I'm thinking maybe lots of people did not submit POT because it was an odd length race?). Got lots of selfies at character stops:

chip & dale in little 1930s tux
jiminy cricket (!)
Donald & Daisy in 1939s formal wear,
Perry the platypus (not exactly 1930 themed?)
Storm troopers (they were great, very interactive. Runners would cheer and they yelled “settle down now”)
woody & Bo peep
Minnie in front of the Chinese theatre in 1930s formal dress
One of the 3 caballeros
the spooky bellmen in dust and cobwebs in front of TOT (that was COOL - I debated waiting in the line but it was LOOOOONG)
Pluto dressed as a bellman
Goofy in formal 1930 tux
Scrooge in 1930 formalwear
Joy and Sadness (same as 10k)

That’s all I got - and there were a few I skipped.

I was super slow (clearly lots of stops) so I got really pretty sunrise pics as we were getting back to Epcot. But on the road paths I was able to turn on the speed, which was good and felt great.

I did have some bottleneck issues on the path from BW to HS. A few times I encountered a line of walkers, not together, just not noticing they formed a wall straight across the path. Eventually we could squeeze past them.

The path into SWGE (under the bridge past muppets) was a bit narrow but not for long so that was fine for me.

I love the medal but goofy moves a bit so it makes clanging noise so I didn’t wear it all day, just for pics.

Also, I was at MK most of the day (MUCH better weather than Saturday!) and literally I was the only person wearing the 10M finisher shirt. Did everyone pass on it because of the beautiful yellow? Honestly I think it’s such an ugly shirt but this was my First runD weekend so I bought all the things.

My question is about the pictures. I have memory maker and all my park pics have loaded to my account just fine. I’ve tried following the directions on the RunDisney page about going to the Photo Pass page of your account, select “link photos,” then typing in the 11-digit race code, plus the 5-digit bib number. Every time I do that, I get a message that the code is invalid. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong? Has anyone else had problems getting their pics from the 5k?

By any chance is your bib number less than 5 digits? If so put zeros in front of it to make it 5

Does the digital event guide still have the 5K and 10M codes swapped?
@Suprize2017: were you able to get to your 5k photos? There is still at least one spot on the website with the incorrect code: are you using 2022-EXPD-E5Kx-xxxx?

Overall thoughts as I fly home today:

I loved the courses and the races themselves were fun. The weather and huge spring break crowds were the biggest downside. Unless I really love the theme, I’ll probably stick to marathon and W&D in the future. (Famous last words lol)

I loved the courses and the races themselves were fun. The weather and huge spring break crowds were the biggest downside. Unless I really love the theme, I’ll probably stick to marathon and W&D in the future. (Famous last words lol)
This might trigger some people....what year was it that they were focusing on? If I hear 1939 once more, I might start running!

Dragging today. No idea why I thought driving 13.5 hours home yesterday after the race would be a good idea. Never doing that again...
Now time to start prepping for January! (Unless I somehow decide to do W&D last minute, that seems to be a common theme for me lately)

Just downgraded passes so I’ll be in a blackout period most likely but if photopass still works even on days passes don’t and the theme speaks maybe I’ll be in still

So... any sense of what weekend they'll choose for 2023? Guesses for themes? We'll likely have a few months before I have to decide to jump in for this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter