Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Whew made it back from the expo. Absolutely shocked they still had a good amt of merch. I got a 10 miler magnet and shirt. I was also surprised by the amt of runners that were picking up their bibs today. I told my family oh, this will be like 5 minutes, I was very wrong. I knew exactly where to go and it still took about an hour. What's everyone's ETA tomorrow morning? I'm aiming to be on the bus by 330, not sure if I should aim for earlier. I wonder if the walk to the corrals will be as long as princess 1/2, it doesn't look like it on the course map but its kind of hard to tell.

Ugh!! At airport and our 5:40pm flight just canceled an hour before the flight. Best I can do is get in tomorrow night - well after expo closes at 3pm. I am going to try to find another flight from another airport. But it is not looking good. Ironically we always book backup flights when we fly for marathon weekend just in case there is a winter storm.
OK. With all the cancellations and flights being sold out we were lucky to find a flight that left this morning from Boston. Since we were at the airport in Hartford anyway, we grabbed a rental car, drove to Boston, stayed over in a hotel and dropped the car in the AM. Of course Southwest had system issues all morning and no flights were going. It finally came back up and we were delayed 2.5 hours. Then when we landed we sat in the runway for 1.5 hours because all the departing flights were delayed and there were no open gates. By time we got our bags and rental car, we didn’t have much time to make it to the expo but we arrived at 2:30pm coming straight from the airport. Crazy travels!!

OK. With all the cancellations and flights being sold out we were lucky to find a flight that left this morning from Boston. Since we were at the airport in Hartford anyway, we grabbed a rental car, drove to Boston, stayed over in a hotel and dropped the car in the AM. Of course Southwest had system issues all morning and no flights were going. It finally came back up and we were delayed 2.5 hours. Then when we landed we sat in the runway for 1.5 hours because all the departing flights were delayed and there were no open gates. By time we got our bags and rental car, we didn’t have much time to make it to the expo but we arrived at 2:30pm coming straight from the airport. Crazy travels!!
Wow. That sounds very stressful. Hope your night goes better, glad you made it!

The Dis Meetup has ended, we hung out until the downpour breached our umbrella. The folks at the Beach Club lobby were great and handed out towels, and apparently the head of Transportation was out at the bus stop making sure people could get bussed where they needed to go, so the Epcot bus I caught is detouring to Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach to drop off stranded Skyliner people.
Glad you guys got some time to meet up before this rain started. I’m currently camped out in Crystal Palace waiting to see if the parade actually takes place today but it’s looking very unlikely. I think I’m going to call it soon and head back to the hotel. The good news is everybody’s leaving Magic Kingdom in droves. The bad news is the storms don’t look like they’re going to stop and all the rides I want to go on are closed. It’s the rain does let up and any of you have a hopper you should head here. It will be deserted (relative for April). I suppose that’s probably true for all of the parks right now.

I’m grateful I got a skyliner ride in earlier today before the lightning started!

Does anyone know if there will be a merch tent at the 10-miler? Can we return things there?

Oh no, did you try to go and get turned away?
No but didn’t get close until well after 3. During marathon weekend I was in the merchandise building taking pictures with the distance numbers when the expo was closing and they ushered us out right at closing.

Glad you guys got some time to meet up before this rain started. I’m currently camped out in Crystal Palace waiting to see if the parade actually takes place today but it’s looking very unlikely. I think I’m going to call it soon and head back to the hotel. The good news is everybody’s leaving Magic Kingdom in droves. The bad news is the storms don’t look like they’re going to stop and all the rides I want to go on are closed. It’s the rain does let up and any of you have a hopper you should head here. It will be deserted (relative for April). I suppose that’s probably true for all of the parks right now.

I’m grateful I got a skyliner ride in earlier today before the lightning started!

That's what I was expecting when I decided to walk over to DHS from BW. But it's still slammed here. Go home people, it's raining!

After attempting to find the relocated meet I left at 330 I planned to head back to pop by way of springs but was pleasantly surprised by an internal skyliner resort bus…

In my room now…check out tomorrow…

Non race related but does anyone know if resorts still hold luggage if you are checking out and want to head to the parks for a last hurrah… that will determine if I go to DAK for some pictures or if I’m going to sit in the lobby till mid-day with 3 bags

After attempting to find the relocated meet I left at 330 I planned to head back to pop by way of springs but was pleasantly surprised by an internal skyliner resort bus…

In my room now…check out tomorrow…

Non race related but does anyone know if resorts still hold luggage if you are checking out and want to head to the parks for a last hurrah… that will determine if I go to DAK for some pictures or if I’m going to sit in the lobby till mid-day with 3 bags
Yes, they’ll hold luggage

Whew made it back from the expo. Absolutely shocked they still had a good amt of merch. I got a 10 miler magnet and shirt. I was also surprised by the amt of runners that were picking up their bibs today. I told my family oh, this will be like 5 minutes, I was very wrong. I knew exactly where to go and it still took about an hour. What's everyone's ETA tomorrow morning? I'm aiming to be on the bus by 330, not sure if I should aim for earlier. I wonder if the walk to the corrals will be as long as princess 1/2, it doesn't look like it on the course map but its kind of hard to tell.
It is not that long.

Yes, they’ll hold luggage
Thanks I knew they did in 18 when I was in a similar situation I just didn’t know with pandemic protocol

I know Dumbo was out for the influencers event last week I wonder if others will be out two (I was really hoping Ludwig would of been out at Everest ps that app game was hard

It is not that long.
Not just the bib line was an hour but to get my bib, walk over and got my shirt and on the way out I thought what the heck let's look to see if there's any merch, to my surprise there was and I grabbed a magnet and shirt. So yes, that took about an hour. I was thinking no one would be there (I've went on Saturday before) but it was fairly crowded.

The corrals this morning were basically the same place as Princess so I’m sure the same tomorrow. We got on the bus at 2:50 and left a few minutes later from OKW. No issues! There were issues with the 5K so we aren’t changing it and hoping to be on first one tomorrow morning as well.

Just a little data point from the 10k this morning (loved the course, hated the weather btw.) I was in S4 toward the front - probably in the second or third wave. We started 20 mins ahead of the balloon ladies which was way more time than I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter