Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

I think that's basically what happened the year Wine and Dine turned into Splash and Dash.

Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking. My friend and I sitting in the corral (long before we got up to move to the actual starting area), watching the mess of buses just sitting there waiting to move into position to unload, with trashbags covering us from shoulders to butt, being rained on. We were so cold and miserable at the end that we skipped the afterparty. Silly silly us, since it was the last "full" half they had for the nighttime Wine and Dine.

Thank you once again. When I went to the Expo in January on Saturday morning I only really wanted two items, a marathon Finisher shirt and a marathon magnet. I was informed at the Expo that they sold out of the marathon magnets. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to buy one on Sunday morning when they opened up the Pop-Up stand before the race.

Thank you for continuously sharing these updates. It's often frustrating looking at the weather reports and not having faith in the information that we're provided.
I’m quite bewildered at the apps showing as high pops as they are especially today and tonight. Makes me sometimes think am I missing something??

10K is looking good. Cold front continues to sit nearby so I cannot 100% rule out a shower but if we saw one during the run it would be bad luck. Tomorrow PM will be rather ugly…widespread showers and storms (potentially severe) will move in from the west with a system. I’m planning to stay inside at monorail resorts celebrating! Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Ugh!! At airport and our 5:40pm flight just canceled an hour before the flight. Best I can do is get in tomorrow night - well after expo closes at 3pm. I am going to try to find another flight from another airport. But it is not looking good. Ironically we always book backup flights when we fly for marathon weekend just in case there is a winter storm.

Last night was my first Disney 5k, so not really sure I had that many expectations. Honestly not sure why they didn’t just start the race a few minutes early. We were in S3, so their were people who finished before we started. A little disappointed that I felt like they did nothing in front of Everest last night. I would have thought since it was the theme of the race, they would have had some characters or heavy entertainment there.
Just wanted to mention that Co-op at Disney Springs has race ornaments and magnets, in case someone can’t get to the expo. I bought all 4 race ornaments. They are flat on the back, so the CM mentioned you can take them to the Christmas store and have them personalized if you would like. I did not, but someone might want to.
Hope to see y’all in the morning. Hope we are all dry!

BTW, where are you all finding the scavenger hunt? I didn’t get an email and I don’t see it in the app. Is it in the event guide?

... and now I'm seeing runDisney post pictures on IG of people with their bibs in clear view, so I guess showing our number online isn't risky anymore? 🤷‍♀️

Are those people in the Challenge? Maybe there's more of a difference with Challenge bibs than with others. I can't imagine the risk is gone. Marathon Investigation is still posting, so there are still cheaters out there.

Oh I just remembered something! All the medals were wrapped in plastic. Not sure if that was to protect the compass or if no one had time to unpack them properly!

I overheard a volunteer say they were told to keep them wrapped to protect them from the rain, just in case.

Meetup this morning????? I’ll have a gold skirt and a dole whip hat on. Idk where the meets have been though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter