Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Sounds like they almost called the race up until 7PM. Didn’t stop for any characters those lines were crazy.

The last race I actually ran was the half half in 2015, so I must just be cursed for shortened races :P

I wonder if lack of characters & photopass at post race photo backdrop was weather related or cause of moonlight magic…. Anyway it’s been an ordeal and now I’m squatting on a bench by the valet at swan because CMs directed me to the wrong bus

Daisy was only 16 mins for me not too crazy (longest I’ve waited in my 8 weekends was close to 40 for genie)

I got on the first bus at OKW around 8:30 and it took awhile to get to AK and through security. I got into corral around 9:30PM. I was also one running around the parking lot to get the full 3.1. I felt very frustrated with the amount of people walking and not staying to the right. I typically just do the half, so maybe that’s why? I was corral 2 and it was a struggle to run the first .5 mile because everyone was walking. There were also a fair bit of people jumping in front of me or stopping (on the left hand side) for the photopass tents. Fingers crossed the 10K and 10 miler are better!

My Journey:
— Flip flopping multiple times on costumes finally settling on my original idea and throwing it together Tuesday night…oh and we may not have medals….
—JK… MEDALS ARE IN…. But storms forecast so always be checking weather apps
—5K merch mostly wiped clean at exp—oh a CM put out a dozen magnets…score
—this is the shortest wait I’ve ever had at Gideon’s AND ITS HOT COOKIE HOUR AND YOU ARE DOING IT WITH MARCH SPECIAL AS ITS THE 31st!!!!
—get on bus 3 leave 832…cool cool…wait why are we U turning at the animal kingdom gate
—after a 20 min bus ride another 20 shoulder to shoulder walk between security & staging finally in corals
—course cut…pray I can at least run Pandora
—we aren’t talking about Bruno but we will play the entire Disney Afternoon theme catalog and dress as characters…tease for 2023???
—and I’m off…are lack of characters due to weather or moonlight magic
—2.3 miles well guess I’ll just wait 16 min for Daisy because no unique characters to be had see above speculation
—wait for post race pictures no photopass at camp set up no I did it photopass either (rain, space, double booked with moonlight magic )
—directed towards parking lot by CMs not bus
—finally get to bus and directed onto wrong bus
—Lyft keeps saying my cc number and address don’t match so thankfully my mom was still up to come drive me
—get back to room, open my medal to show her it’s a compass and the pin is broken (I plan to display it closed anyway so the break is a metaphor)

Hopefully the 10k and 10m go smoothly and hopefully I can get some pics in parks (if not is photopass studio in springs free?)

Overall thoughts:
Fun race despite the bus/weather/medal drama. It was soooooo cool to run through Pandora at night. Everest also looked amazing and I laughed at all the “broken track” costumes.

No fireworks at the start because it’s AK but I did like the little poofs of smoke each time.

Post race grilled cheese truck + beer was fabulous.

Sorry to hear 5k was short, but glad they got it in before the storms! I'm flying out now... hoping there is some merch left at expo today!

In the past if you have any issue with your medals you could go to race relations at the Expo and they can do a swap. We did it this past Marathon Weekend and they swapped the 5K that was already chipping.

Just a reminder that everyone is welcome to join the meet up tomorrow (Sat). 2pm at Hurricane Hannah's at Beach Club.

(Should we come up with an indoor location if weather is not cooperating tomorrow afternoon?)

Just a reminder that everyone is welcome to join the meet up tomorrow (Sat). 2pm at Hurricane Hannah's at Beach Club.

(Should we come up with an indoor location if weather is not cooperating tomorrow afternoon?)
An alternate is probably a good idea, but I don’t know where

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter