Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

The 10k says 4am. Is weird that it would different for the 10mi?

Also, in the now "SORRY THIS BOOTH IS NOT ACTIVE" section for maps (aka transportation) when I looked at it 10min ago I SWEAR that it said that ride shares have to drop off at the TTC. But on the event maps there are clearly areas designated for ride shares.
Yes, this new event guide is taking some getting used to. A link (at the very bottom) of the ‘Digital Expo’ page will take you to the maps page (since the main Maps link is broken…).
https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/maps
ETA: And it does say ride share is to drop of at the TTC, but that has to be a typo, right?? Or left over from W&D??

Some interesting things
1) how late the 5k busses start do we think it would be better to take resort transportation around 730/8 ish? Coming from pop fwiw
2) the 10m and 5k photo codes seem to be reversed (5k it tztt and 10m is expd)
3) still confused on scavenger hunt so you run that app in the background to open the six “tasks” on course but you solve after finish? Anyone know how that app may alter any timing apps one may use since 5k untimed
4) gogo squeeze listed as a vendor!!! Idk about princess but marathon had no applesauce and marathon had an off brand

"RUNNER DROP-OFF/PICKUP
Runner drop-off, including rideshare, taxi service and personal vehicle, is located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the 5K and Disney's Ticket & Transportation Center for the 10K and 10-Miler. Follow the directions provided by Cast Members and roadway signage."

But the maps show rideshare pickup/drop off locations at epcot.

Some interesting things
1) how late the 5k busses start do we think it would be better to take resort transportation around 730/8 ish? Coming from pop fwiw
2) the 10m and 5k photo codes seem to be reversed (5k it tztt and 10m is expd)
3) still confused on scavenger hunt so you run that app in the background to open the six “tasks” on course but you solve after finish? Anyone know how that app may alter any timing apps one may use since 5k untimed
4) gogo squeeze listed as a vendor!!! Idk about princess but marathon had no applesauce and marathon had an off brand
Looking at the hours on the WDW website, they’ve now changed AK to a 7:30 close, which makes much more sense since they need to take over so much of the parking lot for the race

"RUNNER DROP-OFF/PICKUP
Runner drop-off, including rideshare, taxi service and personal vehicle, is located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the 5K and Disney's Ticket & Transportation Center for the 10K and 10-Miler. Follow the directions provided by Cast Members and roadway signage."

But the maps show rideshare pickup/drop off locations at epcot.
Yeah, I think that could be left over from W&D… I would try and get dropped off at Epcot.

Some interesting things
Very strange and definitely not how the Expedition Everest Challenge was done in the past (I did it back in June 2010 with my kids). We had obstacle course challenges throughout the 5K (walk on balance beams, run through tires, hurdle over hay bales, crawl under ropes - think mini Spartan run). After you finished the 5k challenge, we were given a logo’d keychain led flashlight, sharpie and clue card and headed back into AK to the first location (Camp Mickey/Minnie) and upon solving the clue, the cast member gave you the next clue and location to run to next. You did this a total of six times, then ran back to the finish line where you got your medal/food. Afterwards you could go ride attractions in AK until 1am - we rode Expedition Everest six times. Bottom line you ran through the park twice, once for the 5K and once for the scavenger hunt, and rode rides and enjoyed snacks until 1am.

Here‘s a link I found that describes what the event was that year in more detail:
http://disunplugged.com/2010/06/16/diser-claims-second-place-in-third-expedition-everest-challenge/

Is anyone else doing the virtual race? I’m so confused whether there’s anything we need to do other than go for our run the day of. I wasn’t necessarily expecting much, but there’s so little information. I didn’t know if the 5k would include some app-based clues we could solve from home, especially since it still gave us a date and time instead of a completion window. No biggie, I guess, but when we did the Lion King virtual race, there seemed to be a little more communication. Anyone else in the same boat?

I’m guessing those times are correct. There probably aren’t as many 5k runners, and no roads are affected for the bus routes; however, parking may be affected by bus routes.

I’m trying to figure out if it would be faster to take a bus to go back to my resort before heading to Moonlight Magic at Epcot or drive and possibly have to wait a while for all the runners to start before being clear to leave…
I could take a bus to an Epcot resort, but then I would have a lot of extra stuff to carry around…
We’re in the same boat and trying to figure out which to do. Doesn‘t it just figure both are on the same night!

We’re in the same boat and trying to figure out which to do. Doesn‘t it just figure both are on the same night!

Yeah, it is ironic that after 7 MW’s I am finally running a race that neither starts or finishes at Epcot. And now as soon as we finish the 5K my DD and I will have to book it as fast as we can to Moonlight Madness at of course Epcot!

So excited to experience at least part of the event, but wish it could have been any other night than one with a runDisney night race!

I'm in the same boat as a few others here apparently. Doing the 5k and also registered for MM at Epcot. Still trying to decide what to do. On one hand, I don't really care about the scavenger hunt aspect, so I could just run the race and head to Epcot. But the scavenger hunt part is what makes this race unique, so I kinda want to try it. Though it's sounding like the new format using an app isn't going to be as interesting as the old way.

Anyone know what the current popcorn bucket is? Wondering about taking the one we got from MW back with us...

Anyone doing SS weekend solo? I am heading down Fri 4/1, running 10k and 10M, flying out 3pm Sunday. My first solo weekend and first runD weekend! (we were there for Princess in Feb but I had to bag it due to injury - hence this solo trip!)

I also have a driving question since we are staying offsite. We are coming from the celebration/reunion/Windsor hills area. Can I just jump onto world drive where it hits I-4, since they are saying to enter via world drive anyway? I’m completely a landmark person and not a “go west on blah blah and then turn south onto this other one”

Anyone doing SS weekend solo? I am heading down Fri 4/1, running 10k and 10M, flying out 3pm Sunday. My first solo weekend and first runD weekend! (we were there for Princess in Feb but I had to bag it due to injury - hence this solo trip!)
I'm solo but just doing the 5K because I liked the thought of running sompeplace other than epcot/studios

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter