Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Registered for the virtual 5K. This will be my first ever runDisney event and am super excited as I love all things Disney and Everest (have been to Everest base camp twice).

Q: When can we expect the medal, shirt etc to be mailed to us?

Registered for the virtual 5K. This will be my first ever runDisney event and am super excited as I love all things Disney and Everest (have been to Everest base camp twice).

Q: When can we expect the medal, shirt etc to be mailed to us?
Based on the fact that people are just now getting their medals and such for virtual Wine & Dine, probably 5-6 weeks after the event. I got my W&D 5K medal and shirt this past Saturday, but I’m still waiting for my challenge box (which was registered for at a totally different time than the 5K, so I assume that’s the delay)

Well, I decided to give up waiting for the challenge to open up and just went ahead and registered for the 10 Miler. If the challenge opens up I may upgrade or I may just stick with the one race. Idk. We were also lucky enough to score a DVC reservation for the weekend. So I am just happy I will be there!!

Is the 10K and/or 10M still open?? If so perhaps I can convince my sister who was shut out of doing the 5K with me to give one of them a go

Is the 10K and/or 10M still open?? If so perhaps I can convince my sister who was shut out of doing the 5K with me to give one of them a go

They’re both still open, which is quite surprising to me!

Also, all the virtual options are still open! I thought maybe some people were declining the in-person options due to the pandemic, but with the virtual options still open, maybe that’s not why. It’s really strange to me regardless, especially the discrepancy between the super fast sell out of the 5k and challenge and these lingering options. :confused3

Also, all the virtual options are still open! I thought maybe some people were declining the in-person options due to the pandemic, but with the virtual options still open, maybe that’s not why. It’s really strange to me regardless, especially the discrepancy between the super fast sell out of the 5k and challenge and these lingering options. :confused3

I suspect they have way more spots for the virtual then they have in the past. There is very little cost to adding virtual spots with the only limitation how many medals and shirts you have produced. If they are selling out all of the virtual options it makes sense to keep increasing your allotment until you no longer sell out.

I suspect they have way more spots for the virtual then they have in the past. There is very little cost to adding virtual spots with the only limitation how many medals and shirts you have produced. If they are selling out all of the virtual options it makes sense to keep increasing your allotment until you no longer sell out.

I agree. The virtuals lately have been selling out quickly, so maybe they really increased the allotment.

I am sure the 10K/10M have a fairly high capacity compared to a 5K through Animal Kingdom (the limiting factor on the Challenge). I am curious to see how many Challenge slots were actually available to start with, and how many 5k single slots.

The Virtual Princess half/challenge are still open too!

I am excited for another in person run! I was able to register my sister for the 5k & 10k but by the time I got myself registered for the challenge, and clicked pay now - it was full. I got in to the 10k & 10 miler... but hoping to find a charity bib for the 5k.

Anyone know of any options out there? All the RunDisney links options are full for the 5k.

I registered for the virtual 10K. When I was selecting my shirt size, I wanted a small mens size (due to the cut) but since I am female, it wasn’t allowing me to choose that. It would e been nice if all the size options were available regardless of gender. I also would’ve been fine if I could’ve paid a cheaper price just for the medal. Speaking of medals, in the past by this time of year, runDisney was already showing the medals for Star Wars weekend. When do we think the Spring Surprise medals will debu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter