Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

As I recall, Disney did have a relay HM at one time. I think it was an 8 mile and a 5 mile. I could be mistaken.

The Wine and Dine had a relay option the year I ran it (2010), with the relay point being in the parking lot of Animal Kingdom. The first leg (5 miles) ran from ESPN to and through Animal Kingdom. The second leg (8 miles) started in the AK parking lot, ran through Hollywood Studios and finished outside Epcot. We went right from the race to the after party in Epcot - that was when the race still started at night. I ran the second leg, and I started running one day and didn't finish until the next!

Last edited:

The Wine and Dine had a relay option the year I ran it (2010), with the relay point being in the parking lot of Animal Kingdom. The first leg (5 miles) ran from ESPN to and through Animal Kingdom. The second leg (8 miles) started in the AK parking lot, ran through Hollywood Studios and finished outside Epcot. We went right from the race to the after party in Epcot - that was when the race still started at night. I ran the second leg, and I started running one day and didn't finish until the next!

I totally forgot about that. I was at about mile 9 and someone blew past me and I was confused until I remember there was a relay. I'm pretty sure it only lasted one year. Speaking of only lasted one year there was a marathon relay for one year and I wish they would bring that back. It was a 2 person but could be expanded since most of the marathon relays I know of are 4 or 5 people.

I looked at the weekend and experienced my now perpetual sticker shock at hotel rates. How far in advance does registration usually open up?

Looks like the race themes are up!

Sunrise Yoga
Nighttime scavenger hunt 5k (start at 10pm)
Not the next morning 10k at 5am
10 miler at 5am
Challenge is to do all three races

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.24.23 PM.png

5k scavenger hunt has increased age limit.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.27.59 PM.png

10 mile POT

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.25.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.25.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.25.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.25.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.25.50 PM.png

ETA - Images

Last edited:
I’m once again disappointed that rD won’t provide transportation to sunrise yoga. But I guess that’s one way to avoid waking up early on the day of the night race.

Holy cow!!! BRB changing my Pop Century reservation to begin Thursday instead of Friday...

I've already done all these races (multiple times!!) but I'd love to do Everest again. I did it 3x and it was always fun. Would not be the same without some sort of post-race party in AK, though!

Still I feel a night 5k will sell out quick so I might choose to just go for the challenge... good thing I saved some money by not traveling during the pandemic... Oh boy.

I am genuinely surprised by this lineup of events, so... mission accomplished with the "surprise" part of "springtime surprise!"

$100 for a 5K? I'd ask if they are out of their minds but this seems in line with other price increases across the board...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter