Spring is Coming

It’s been beautiful here the last few days in north central Ohio. We had unusually warm weather in February and tomorrow is supposed to be 72. But I’m not forgetting where I live and I know that the weather can change drastically from one day to the next. We almost always have a snow storm in April so I’m not holding my breath that this weather will last. Anybody who lives in Ohio will understand.

I think that has been one of the strangest winters. We live in the prairies, in the middle of Canada. Our city is nicknamed “Winterpeg”. We have hardly any snow. The Colorado Low we’re in the middle of has given us freezing rain so far. But we’ll probably get some snow. DH has the snowblower all ready. We keep getting warm weather. I’ve never seen this before.

Blizzard warnings in our province, mostly icy rain where we are.
Temperatures below freezing this week. Not spring here!

I think that has been one of the strangest winters. We live in the prairies, in the middle of Canada. Our city is nicknamed “Winterpeg”. We have hardly any snow. The Colorado Low we’re in the middle of has given us freezing rain so far. But we’ll probably get some snow. DH has the snowblower all ready. We keep getting warm weather. I’ve never seen this before.
Blizzard warnings in our province, mostly icy rain where we are.
Temperatures below freezing this week. Not spring here!
:flower3: Apologies in advance - what we just had is headed your way. We got about 9" over 36 hours and it's way colder right now than it normally is with later-winter storms and the worst roads we've had all season. :cold: We do desperately need the moisture but it doesn't help a whole lot here in the city. It will likely all melt fast with the next Chinook and run into the storm sewers because the ground is frozen 8' deep. Good for the farmers though, as we all like to say! :goodvibes

:flower3: Apologies in advance - what we just had is headed your way. We got about 9" over 36 hours and it's way colder right now than it normally is with later-winter storms and the worst roads we've had all season. :cold: We do desperately need the moisture but it doesn't help a whole lot here in the city. It will likely all melt fast with the next Chinook and run into the storm sewers because the ground is frozen 8' deep. Good for the farmers though, as we all like to say! :goodvibes
Mostly affecting southwest Manitoba. Winnipeg isn’t suppose to get much snow.

Honestly, the only issue I have with it is the double standard. I don't have a problem with people saying "so and so is attractive". You think that guy is yummy? Good for you. But I *REALLY* think I'd be raked over the coals if I did the same with a young woman.
I admit it’s a double standard. HOWEVER, there are so many double standards against women I think us ladies are allowed this one.

I admit it’s a double standard. HOWEVER, there are so many double standards against women I think us ladies are allowed this one.
Should we go ahead and ask for this to be moved over to the "controversial topics" forum now, or wait until tomorrow morning? :P

I'm sorry, how quick would I get called out if I posted a young female in skimpy shorts and jogging bra and called her "yummy"?

I’m female and I was wondering how much further I’d have to read until the double standard gets called out.

This is also after reading about a male poster who had an inappropriate signature pic of a woman, so maybe my awareness was heightened.

Should we go ahead and ask for this to be moved over to the "controversial topics" forum now, or wait until tomorrow morning? :P
Leave it here until someone posts an inappropriate comment and the thread can go poof.

Aw, it’s already inappropriate. Someone just has to report it.

That was in jest. :duck:

cold here, sporadic snow BUT spring is the air..........ducks and geese in our pond are getting busy, nosy, nosy/busy:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter