Spring Hill Suites vs Fairfield

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I’m going in circles trying to decide on which one to pick. I stayed at Fairfield one time for a solo trip. It was super close but I remember it taking a bit of time to get out of the hotel and then to the street since it’s set back. Is Spring Hill really that much further? Will have the kids-10 and 8. I like the more space and free breakfast. Using Marriott Certificates and same point value.
Thank you!

I’m going in circles trying to decide on which one to pick. I stayed at Fairfield one time for a solo trip. It was super close but I remember it taking a bit of time to get out of the hotel and then to the street since it’s set back. Is Spring Hill really that much further? Will have the kids-10 and 8. I like the more space and free breakfast. Using Marriott Certificates and same point value.
Thank you!

We usually stay at the Fairfield and last time stayed at the SpringHill Suits. We are going in two weeks and are back to staying at the Fairfield. It wasn’t a big deal for me and my 10 year old but my 8 year old gets real cranky with long walks and proximity of the Fairfield is worth it for us. SpringHill is not “that” much farther and back when she was in a stroller it would have been fine but now that she has to walk every little bit helps!!

I used the measuring tool on Google Maps and from the lobby entrances of both hotels it was almost exactly double the distance for Springhill. Around .25 miles (Fairfield) vs .5 miles (Springhill)

Thanks for the responses so far. I think I'm stuck on wanting more space. I am not very familiar with transportation at DLR. If we want an Uber back to Spring Hill at the end of the night, is that easy to do? Or is it just "quicker" to just walk.

From where you’d pick up a Rideshare, it would be well under a 10 min walk to Springhill, probably more like 7-8 mins. For me it wouldn’t be worth it, I’d just walk.
Room to Gate, I’d say the difference would be on average about 5 mins walking time depending on proximity of your room to walkways/elevators/hotel exits etc. Could be as little as 2-3 mins difference.

OK - I switched to Springhill. Talked with hubby and we want the space and will deal with a couple more minutes of walking. In reality, it's only one park day - so one walk back at night. Kids will live!

Springhill is about 10 minutes away. That along with Residence inn and Hyatt House seem to have more space which my family enjoys. When I went in July, my friends stayed there while we stayed at Hyatt House.

Springhall did offer hot foods while Hyatt house did not.

I had the same question this week for a one night stay and ended up booking Fairfield. Now, we may switch to 2 nights, which has me wondering if Springhill suites will be better. It's obviously more spacious. Fairfield has convenient food (Paneera/McDonalds) which is nice for us since we are on different sleeping schedules. Is there anything close like to Springhill? Do they have enough offerings onsite for really early or really late food?

There's an IHOP and Blaze pizza across the street. Before that, there's also a strip mall that has a really popular Mexican restaurant apparently.

There is also a Pizza Hut and a full bar in the Residence Inn next door. I am not sure if this is still true, but pre-pandemic the RI and SS had agreements where the SS guests could use the RI pool and hot tub and the RI guests could watch the fireworks from the SS’s rooftop pool deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter