• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break- when is yours and where do you live?

drgalyen

Mouseketeer
I was wondering when other states like Cal., Wash., Id. and Nev. are having their Spring Breaks. We live in Salem, OR and ours is March 27-31.
I have to change our Nov. trip :confused3 - DD is starting High School sports and apparently there is NO break between Volleyball and Basketball- now it has to be sometime after the middle of Feb. and just wondered when most of the surrounding states have their Spring Break.
Thank you for the help in advance!
drgalyen ::MinnieMo

We're in Northern CA and our spring break is the week of April 10th for 2006. Of course many of the Elem. and Jr. Hi Schools are on a year round schedule, so at any given time 1/4 of the students at the school are off track and the remaining 3/4 are in school.

Idaho checking in here! Our spring break is March 27 - 31st. I think the whole state should be the same....Even though some of our schools are year round, we all have the same spring break.

Here in Orange County it is April 10-14, but that is Capistrano Unified School District. It is my understanding that in our sister district (Saddleback), they go a week ahead or after us. Most CA schools are in April, I believe. There are many districts and they all vary.

Hope your trip works out, I am sure it will be great fun :earsgirl: :earsboy:

SF Bay area: Many of the school districts in the area have a Feb. Winter break, so Spring break is typically not until April. My school district is out April 10-14, but several others in the area have Spring Break the following week. Another neighboring district is Mar. 27-31 (no winter break). It varies a lot by districts around here.

I from Vancouver, WA and our schools are out April 3-7. Always the first full week in April.

Spring Break occurs on the following dates:

British Columbia: March 10-20
Alberta: March 24 - April 3
Ontario: March 10-20
Quebec: Feb 24 - March 6
WA: April 7-17
CA: April 7-17
NY: April 13-24
TX: April 13-24

I got all of this information from a Whistler, BC tourism website. I am not allowed to post the url because the administrator for DISboard basically says I am new and need to have more postings "under my belt". That's okay. I think this covers what most people would like to know. :)

My kids Spring break is April 13th-April 24th
My spring break( I teach in the same county, but different town) is April 24th-28th! In Jersey MOST districts will have either of those!

PS. I know we are not in that area(CA, Nevada,etc) but thought I would volunteer more info!

Thank you all for the info. I thought there would be more schools with the same Spring Break as ours but so far not too many!!!!
drgalyen ::MinnieMo

Most Portand area districts always have the third week of March which will be March 20-24 this year.

We have many different school districts here in Phoenix. My son's go to Deer Valley and their spring break is the week of March 20th. From the posts above, it looks like we may be in the minority so maybe the parks will not be as full as they could be (like the following week).

Last week, I was able to make a reservation at the Castle Inn for March 19-24. Have not yet told the boys we are definitely going so we may be able to make this a surprise trip. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Our spring break is March 11th-19th. Other districts are 1 week later. We are also planning a DL trip in March (again). Two years ago, the weather was perfect ~75 degrees and not a drop of rain, the lines were very managable!! The ocean was still very chilly but it didn't stop my kids from running in it! I hope they continue the fireworks in midweek.

TeacherDad said:
Spring Break occurs on the following dates:

British Columbia: March 10-20
Alberta: March 24 - April 3
Ontario: March 10-20
Quebec: Feb 24 - March 6
WA: April 7-17
CA: April 7-17
NY: April 13-24
TX: April 13-24

I got all of this information from a Whistler, BC tourism website. I am not allowed to post the url because the administrator for DISboard basically says I am new and need to have more postings "under my belt". That's okay. I think this covers what most people would like to know. :)

So sorry to disagree, but not all Washington school districts are the April 7-17. I am in Kennewick, WA, and all neighboring districts are April 1-9.

Signing in from Texas - our Spring Break is March 13-17. We already have our reservations and will come a couple of days early in hopes of beating the crowds.

Where I live there still really is no Spring Break. The schools usually get a day or two around Easter weekend, but that's it. (And they'll take that away to make up for snow days)

I remember when we moved out of state, I couldn't believe that kids had a spring break. I always associated that with college.

:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :bounce: Springbreak for Flagstaff, Arizona is March 20th-24th. We live in Northern AZ so I am not sure when the rest of the state is. I am hoping ours is early like last year. It was the same week last year. :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter