• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Spring break trip to Discovery Cove

JulieV2222

Earning My Ears
My 10 year old son has a late (week after Easter) spring break this year so I am going to take him to Orlando Monday to Friday. We want to do Discovery Cove and Sea World and probably one day just bopping around Disney hotels and riding the monorail, and our hotel pool.
Questions: How crowded does Discovery Cove feel when it is at capacity? I am guessing it might be there or close given it’s spring break time.
Also- the price went up so much since I last looked!! Will there maybe be a sale again or will it just keep going up? Any discount for nurses?
Thanks for your help!

When you're this close to the trip and looking at a busier period, I would expect the price to just keep increasing.

With the DC ticket you can add Sea World & Aquatica to the ticket for14 days for cheap. Aquatica is a great water park!

Questions: How crowded does Discovery Cove feel when it is at capacity? I am guessing it might be there or close given it’s spring break time.

Discovery Cove has a specific capacity cap year round. I have no idea if either of my trips were days they hit capacity though I expect they did (Spring Break and Christmas Day 2021 with hot weather) but this park's capacity is not a shoulder to shoulder with other people type experience.

When you're this close to the trip and looking at a busier period, I would expect the price to just keep increasing.

With the DC ticket you can add Sea World & Aquatica to the ticket for14 days for cheap. Aquatica is a great water park!
Aquatica is my kids' favorite water park (although we haven't been to Volcano Bay yet). They prefer it to Disney.

Just got an e-mail today that DC is offering 20% off dolphin swim packages, 10% off no-swim packages. Time to double check prices for your dates!

We just returned from DC and I heard one of the staff telling another group that they were at full capacity all week (no previous experience or inside info to tell if this was in fact true). If so it still didn't feel crowded at all to us. The Reef section was a little more crowded at times but overall we were very surprised that if they were in fact at capacity, which I think I had read was about 1300 people. It didn't feel that way to us at all, I dont know where those 1300 people were, but I guess 1300 is small compared to other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter