Spring Break - Last Minute Planning

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry I have been MIA... I came down with a head cold. And when I get head colds I just can't concentrate and after working all day, looking at a computer screen more was killing my eyes!!! But I am feeling better!

AND it's March!!! Woo Hoo!!! They month we go on vacation has finally arrived!!! I have to kick it into high gear now.

We have a lot going on this month, Next weekend is Gwen's Musical, Morgan has 3 competitions this month, I have a company fundraiser to go to. We need to celebrate Easter before we go!!! I need to pack!

Speaking of Easter, I started to get things for the girls baskets AND tinkerbell gifts!

Gwen dropped major hints about Tinkerbell still leaving gifts. (a move she gets from me) So, that decided my decision.... I did decide to just to park days. I figure on the rest days, they won't want to get up and check stuff. My only thought is coupons or something but I am not pressuring myself to do the 2 rest days.

What I haven't gotten yet, the pjs that I usually put out on the first day.... I can't find any that aren't super $$$. Everytime I look they are kid sizes... So, that is my mission this weekend. Anyone have suggestions on where to look?

I will hsare the gifts once I get all of the items in the mail!!!

So, today is 27 Days!!!

I will be back this weekend with final plans and I am sure more questions!

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry I have been MIA... I came down with a head cold. And when I get head colds I just can't concentrate and after working all day, looking at a computer screen more was killing my eyes!!! But I am feeling better!

AND it's March!!! Woo Hoo!!! They month we go on vacation has finally arrived!!! I have to kick it into high gear now.

We have a lot going on this month, Next weekend is Gwen's Musical, Morgan has 3 competitions this month, I have a company fundraiser to go to. We need to celebrate Easter before we go!!! I need to pack!

Speaking of Easter, I started to get things for the girls baskets AND tinkerbell gifts!

Gwen dropped major hints about Tinkerbell still leaving gifts. (a move she gets from me) So, that decided my decision.... I did decide to just to park days. I figure on the rest days, they won't want to get up and check stuff. My only thought is coupons or something but I am not pressuring myself to do the 2 rest days.

What I haven't gotten yet, the pjs that I usually put out on the first day.... I can't find any that aren't super $$$. Everytime I look they are kid sizes... So, that is my mission this weekend. Anyone have suggestions on where to look?

I will hsare the gifts once I get all of the items in the mail!!!

So, today is 27 Days!!!

I will be back this weekend with final plans and I am sure more questions!
I know, I can’t believe the price of kids pajamas! I finally gave up and went with soft, white T-shirts and thin Athletic shorts. $36 vs $10.

I was also going to suggest an oversize character T with a pair of comfy shorts that will match for pjs.

Yay-for getting closer to your trip! I can't believe it's March 1st. Feb was a quick month for us.

I have been a bit MIA this week as well.. I managed to get covid. I'm glad you are feeling better! Much better to get sick now than at or right before Disney!
Gwen dropped major hints about Tinkerbell still leaving gifts. (a move she gets from me) So, that decided my decision...
That's great that she dropped the hints to help you know what to do!
Anyone have suggestions on where to look?
I found some cute Disney pajamas at Old Navy that I'll surprise the girls with.

Super busy! The time will fly by!
Nice! I'm glad you are still doing the Tinkerbell gifts. It's a sweet tradition.
I have been a bit MIA this week as well.. I managed to get covid. I'm glad you are feeling better! Much better to get sick now than at or right before Disney!
Ugh! Hope you are feeling better and the rest of the family stays healthy. At least now you will have really good immunity when you are in the parks.

Let's talk grocery deliveries!!

I usually use Garden Grocer. We have used them since our very first trip, but back then there wasn't a ton of choices. And I do like that they can leave the groceries with bell hop. But I think if I order any adult beverages they can't anymore. They aren't cheap either.

At home I do Shoprite from home, and there is no subscription fee or anything. But that won't work down in Florida.

Does anyone else order groceries? Who do you use?

We have been ordering groceries for the last couple of years. I like to use instacart, getting the groceries from Publix. We don’t buy alcohol for the room though, so I’m not sure how they handle that. Groceries have always been left at bell services while we were at the park.

We have been ordering groceries for the last couple of years. I like to use instacart, getting the groceries from Publix. We don’t buy alcohol for the room though, so I’m not sure how they handle that. Groceries have always been left at bell services while we were at the park.
I might just pack some small drinks so that whoever I use they can drop it off....

I will look int instacart... See if I can do a gree trial while we are there...

Let's talk grocery deliveries!!

I usually use Garden Grocer. We have used them since our very first trip, but back then there wasn't a ton of choices. And I do like that they can leave the groceries with bell hop. But I think if I order any adult beverages they can't anymore. They aren't cheap either.

At home I do Shoprite from home, and there is no subscription fee or anything. But that won't work down in Florida.

Does anyone else order groceries? Who do you use?
We use Walmart. No issues so far.

Ariella, I had the same quandary!

My last two trips I’ve had a rental car and gone to Publix myself, but on this trip I’d rather send groceries to the resort to save time. After looking at all the options I’m going to go with Amazon Fresh (which replaced Amazon Prime Now about a year ago). Amazon Fresh is not available everywhere but is available for delivery at all the Disney resorts.

Amazon Fresh has an huge inventory and everything I need (applesauce packets, kid’s breakfast bars, Goldfish crackers, fresh fruit, etc.) and at very reasonable prices (likely similar to shopping at Publix myself). I like that I can wait to do the order a day or two before as my kid’s preferences seem to change frequently. :laughing: They have alcohol options, but I think you’d need to meet your delivery driver. Pixie Dusted Mom’s YouTube channel has an excellent tutorial on ordering from Amazon Fresh, including how to enter your address. FYI - you’ll need to add your Disney resort address in your Amazon address book and select it in order to see what groceries are available as Amazon Fresh is not an option in most places.

If you have Amazon Prime it seems like an excellent way to go! I’ve also read great things about Walmart+ if you’re more comfortable with their platform. Instacart seems hit or miss for refrigerated items depending on your shopper (Disney bell services will only refrigerate or freeze bags that are clearly marked as such), but this wouldn’t be a problem if you’re meeting your shopper due to the alcohol.

Good luck making a decision!

If you have Amazon Prime it seems like an excellent way to go!
I do have Amazon Prime!!!! I will have to look into it.. I also just started watch Pixie Dusted Mom! I will def check it out.

We never have before! But we’re thinking about trying Walmart+ delivery this time. Or maybe Amazon based on the recommendation above?
Highly recommend doing it with the girls. I always get bannanas and strawberries so the girls at least have something semi-healthy in the am.

Today marks 20 Days till our trip!!!!

It also is opening night for Gwen's Show!!! It is finally here!!! The weekend will be pretty busy between the shows and Morgan also has a competition, that we will be missing.... :( But Morgan has many more competitions to go, so we will catch the next ones!

So, I had heard that Disney updates park hours at the 20 day mark, so we will see if anything changes. But as of now, all of the times are pretty generic standard times. I have seen some people saying that spring break crowds will be not too bad and then I have seen some people calling it re-revenge travel. So, I really don't know what to expect!

I have almost all of the tinkerbell gifts. I am just waiting on the last couple items. Hopefully I can do a post about that next week.

My question for the day... Magic Bands... I have been resisting buying the new magic bands. Having to charge 4 magic bands on top of all of the other electronics we have in the room, just seems silly. But how much longer can we use our magic bands from before Covid?

Wow, just 20 days to go?! You’re practically leaving tomorrow! :thumbsup2

In the meantime, have fun this weekend and good luck to Gwen and Morgan!

As for the Magic Bands… I have no idea. I’m impressed they’ve lasted four years for you, as Disney’s official take is that they last 2-3 years. I splurged on the new ones as mine were eight years old (so old that Disney actually disconnected most of them for me! :laughing: ), but I wish the Magic Band 2.0 would’ve been an option so I wouldn’t have to deal with the charging.

I’m hopeful we won’t need to charge them daily, but I think it depends how “interactive” we are with them. Just using them for entry (into our room, parks, and lightning lanes) and capturing our pictures shouldn’t take as much juice as playing games with them. Based on my YouTube scouting, it seems you can also adapt the settings to be more or less reactive with the statues and night spectaculars, which may also save battery life.

On the pro-order side, ordering them before your trip will save you $40 ($10 per band) due to the pre-order discount… but you could also wait and see if they work when you get there before deciding? (I will add that there were WAY more fun bands in the resort pre-order selection than on the Disney Store website, but I’m sure there’s great variety in the parks, too.) I think it’s more likely that your old bands will work for park/hotel/line entry but less likely that they’ll work to pick up ride photos.

I've found some really cute affordable Disney jammies at Wal Mart! Also, on the topic of groceries, we always used to use Garden Grocer, too. Post-covid, I have been trying to support as many of the EFEO members as I can. We found Vacation Grocery Delivery, and they are AMAZING to work with!! Much more affordable, and they can still do alcohol in your delivery, as long as you're there to meet them. It was so awesome when you didn't have to be--they would confirm your ID ahead of time and leave everything the day before your arrival. The alcohol delivery part has changed, but the rest is still really amazing service. I 1000% recommend.

another vote for Amazon fresh or Walmart. I usually fill a cart with both and see who has the better pricing, or more of what I actually need/want. And yes I LOVE PixieDustedMom's youtube! Her kids are around the same age as mine so it is super helpful.

My question for the day... Magic Bands... I have been resisting buying the new magic bands. Having to charge 4 magic bands on top of all of the other electronics we have in the room, just seems silly. But how much longer can we use our magic bands from before Covid?

I caved and got the new bands. I read somewhere that the new bands are picked up better on ride photos than the old ones. I will say it's a pain to keep them charges. I just got my 2nd band to use on my April trip. I'm hoping to trade them out and always have one charging.

Tell Gwen to "break a leg" and enjoy her experience.

Good luck to Morgan and the band on their competition.

Guys...

I have gone through a round of emotions....

Our whole schedule is based on 2 things, the girls spring break and the fact that Morgan has a drumline competition scheduled for the Satuday the weekend before school starts back up.

We fill out a sheet with excused absences at the beginning of the season, and we did the 2 practice during the week since we would be gone but made it so she would be back for the competition... We filled that out back in DECEMBER!!!! December...

Last night Morgan comes home and says, that they aren't going to the competition on that Saturday because too many kids will be gone... So, I of course I got super excited, maybe we could extend our trip by a day!

So, this morning I started poking around to see what our options would be... And well, it's too late, we are too close to leaving... Anything good would be too much of an additional fee and then ones that aren't too bad, none of the seats are together.

I am so annoyed! They probably knew for awhile that they weren't going to go to that show. Why didn't they tell us sooner... grrrr

I am going to keep checking to see if the Saturday flights get closer to the cost I would be willing by pay. Sigh... I am just not hopefully. I had started to dream of an extra park day or even just one more dinning reservation....

Reactions: DLo
That’s such a bummer! I would be annoyed, too.

I hope you can figure something out - I’ll cross my fingers for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter