Spring Break - Last Minute Planning

Day Six 2nd Rest Day

Today is our second rest day, we will have done 2 park days in a row and potentially a late night with EEH at EPCOT.

The only plan I have for this day, is lunch at Sanaa. I debated on lunch of dinner for this. And honestly I am not sure why I ended up with lunch. I might try to find a dinner time instead.

The rest of the day, will be to relax, swim in the pool. Hopefully we can watch the Electrical Pagent tonight.

Ok, I just checked for dinner times for Sanaa... And there is nothing till 8:30 PM!!! Did Sanaa get popular and I didn't realize it!?!? I mean I know it wasn't NOT popular. But I have never had a problem getting reservations before.

I just went to Mouse Dinning and set an alert of 5:00 PM. We will see!

Day Seven Back to the Parks

Today is our second Hollywood Studios day. If we don't ride Rise, we will def want to try and rope drop the park for Rise. Actually today, might be nice to focus on Galaxy edge stuff, rope drop Rise, do Milenium Falcon, just wander around and have lunch in Galaxy's Edge.

We will want to come back to the resort and relax for a bit. Anybody stay at Wilderness Lodge lately? How busy does the hot tub get? Andy loves relaxing in the hot tub. And at yacht Club they have multiple ones to at least try and use in peace.

We have a dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon at 5:00. We haven't eaten here in FOREVER! I figured it would be nice to do since we are staying here. I am kind of excited to eat here again.

We will be headed to Magic Kingdom after. So, I will also be nice to just go back to the room, get our things and head out via boat!

We LOVE the boat! It is honestly the best way to get to Magic Kingdom!

It is Extra Evening Hours at MK. Right now it is listed as 9:00 - 11:00. So, I am hoping we can have a nice evening.

Has anyone done EEH for MK? How busy are they? It would be good to set expectations at how busy it will be. We haven't been able to do one since before Covid.

Day Eight Our Last Full Day

I would have loved to have another rest day or at least a late day but this is our LAST day and we will hopefully want to make the most of it!

The plan for the day is to head to Magic Kingdom in the morning. No real plan for the day, Our last park day is always whatever we really want to do.

We have a lunch reservation at 12:30 at Skipper Canteen. This is another one that we haven't eaten at in a long time.

We will hopefully spend the morning in the park, eat lunch, then probably head back to the hotel to relax a bit.

Tonight might be a good night to try Territory Lounge. Morgan and I LOVE that mushroom soup. I have heard that you can order it from Territory Lounge as long as it is the same time that Storybook Dinning is open. Has anyone done this?

I figure I will ask at some point once we are there. Morgan also wants the Gooseberry pies. Not sure if we can score those too or not. But that would be a perfect meal for Morgan...

i will say the rest of the food there look meh, to me. Gwen might like the bacon on a wire.

The evening, I feel like we will probably go back to Magic Kingdom that night but we can decide if there was something we want to do one last time or haven't gotten a chance to do still.

Day Nine Travel Day Home

There really is nothing for this, We fly out at 8:00 AM, so we will be getting up and leaving....

The saddest day...

Reactions: DLo
We have a dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon at 5:00. We haven't eaten here in FOREVER! I figured it would be nice to do since we are staying here. I am kind of excited to eat here again.
We had such a fun meal there!
We LOVE the boat! It is honestly the best way to get to Magic Kingdom!
I agree! This was one of our favorite things about staying at the WL. It’s still my favorite resort.
The plan for the day is to head to Magic Kingdom in the morning. No real plan for the day, Our last park day is always whatever we really want to do.
We’re trying this for the first time this trip - no real plans on our last day at MK other than an ADR that night!
Tonight might be a good night to try Territory Lounge. Morgan and I LOVE that mushroom soup. I have heard that you can order it from Territory Lounge as long as it is the same time that Storybook Dinning is open. Has anyone done this?
The mushroom soup is my favorite thing from Storybook! That would be awesome if you can get it on its own without eating there.

I'm loving your pre-trip report because my husband also doesn't want to hear about Disney 24/7. We will be staying at the Beach Club in May!

Here's my experience rope dropping Epcot from the back entrance. We got there an hour before early entrance, and we were at the front of the line to get in. They let us in a little early and Remy was a walk on. We then walked in the direction of Morocco/Japan, straight to Frozen. It was about a 15-20 minute wait. We finished both rides just after regular opening at 9:00 am. My brother in law scored us Group 1 for Guardians so we went straight there and had ridden all 3 rides by 9:30 am!

But it all depends on what group you get for VQ! If your call back is too late, another option might be to just go back to Epcot later after Animal Kingdom. One time our call back was at 11 am but we didn't go until after 5 pm and they let us on! I had read for Guardians, they will let you ride anytime after your group is called.
What time do the Friendship boats start running around the lagoon?

What time do the Friendship boats start running around the lagoon?
The boat that connects Epcot/Boardwalk/ Dolphin Swan? I'm not sure... we walked.

I just Googled it - Typically, the Friendship Boats that serve the Resort Hotels around Crescent Lake begin operating around 45 minutes before the Theme Parks open.

The boat that connects Epcot/Boardwalk/ Dolphin Swan? I'm not sure... we walked.

I just Googled it - Typically, the Friendship Boats that serve the Resort Hotels around Crescent Lake begin operating around 45 minutes before the Theme Parks open.
No I meant the he ones that go back and forth in Epcot

We went Easter week last year. We tried to stay for the Extra Hours at MK but we didn't make it too long. It was crowded but I am not sure if the park was still open to all guests or not. It was out last day and we were just beat.

I am not sure if you are getting Genie+ or not for any of your days, but it worked great for us, especially at HS. I was able to stack rides back to back for the afternoon. This really helped with the crowds here.

Do we think we could do BOTH Frozen and Remy before the lines get long?
Hiya just found your last report ( which I loved reading) yesterday and consequently the link to this one. We always stay at YC/BC and you could definitely fit those two rides in before the lines get too long. We usually head out of the hotel about 25/30minutes before early entry and while there are people ahead of us it’s usually not too busy. We are usually there in July so a busy enough time of year.
Any good breakfast places in world showcase even be open?
Les Halles opens at 9 and has pretty tasty stuff for breakfast. You might get both rides done and then pop in there for breakfast or Norway bakery. We stay for longer than you guys so usually do more than one early entry day and just judge on the day if we are getting both rides done before eating it if we are prioritising food. I have dons who might actually “faint from starvation” If they haven’t eaten after a while 20 minutes in a park 😂
I did grab a Beaches and Cream reservation for 9:30 that night. My thought was to go JUST for Ice Cream. It was the earliest time they had for the night.
You can also get some of the ice-creams and milkshakes from the take-out window at B&C so if that worked you could get your ice cream and then go into Epcot to stake out a spot for the fireworks ( just an idea if you don’t want to feel rushed) or, if it was me ,I’d ask earlier in the day if they had any availability around 8pm so that you could do it first and then stroll over to the fireworks. Not sure how long the new show is but you might be able to make it to your reservation as it stands if you watch from close to the gateway. I have had limited luck in moving a late reservation up an hour or two on the day at B&C but obviously that’s not guaranteed.
could we see the fireworks and make it in time for our reservation?
My thoughts above, but depending on length of show and say 10minutes to get to B&C I’d say it’s possible but you gotta be near the gateway to exit fast.
I was trying to find something special to do since it was Easter.
Have you checked out the resort activities calendars from previous Easters? They usually have some fun stuff going on. There’s a YC FAQ thread on here that has past and current calendars so you can check those out.
The rest of the day, will be to relax, swim in the pool. Hopefully we can watch the Electrical Pagent tonight.
Sounds like a perfect plan.
Your trip will be here in no time. I love reading all your plans pre trip and then what you kept or changed post trip. Is there a chance they will extend the opening hours for Easter week so that it might be easier to visit AK? Would be great for you if they did.
Just to add - we had no problems getting a GotG boarding group when they dropped for the afternoon at 1pm in July 22. Don’t know if that helps with your plans or not😁

Sounds like a wonderful trip and the two of my favorite resorts! I think these days for us on a longer trip splitting the stays with an Epcot resort and MK resort is perfect! Andi and I use to do that on our longer August trips back in the day! We would stay 4-5 at YC and 4 at GF, Poly, or. CR. Sad the cost of those resorts is now out of my budget even off peak times!
We loved the boat transportation from WL, it is seamless and relaxing!
We did the EH at MK when we stayed at WL and it worked great and our night was low crowds. Really crowded at the beginning but within 30-40 minutes really low.
I stacked Genie+ for earlier in the evening and that worked perfect!
We have enjoyed drinks at Territory Lounge a few times now and the staff in there are awesome! I love the Mushroom soup!

Flower and Garden Food Booths

So, we have 42 days still but Flower and Garden starts in like 13 days. When is Disney going to release the food booth menus!!!

I would love it if today was the day....

Flower and Garden Food Booths

So, we have 42 days still but Flower and Garden starts in like 13 days. When is Disney going to release the food booth menus!!!

I would love it if today was the day....
I saw in the Disney news thread that the menus have indeed been released so you got your wish pixiedust:
ETA I don’t know how to link threads but I’m sure it’s an easy find if you use the search bar.

Hi Everyone! I started this post this morning, and was like I am going to make all these updates... I have all this time... And now it's 3:00 and I need to go get Morgan soon. Ah the life of a parent with teens.

SO, my curent dilemma is I REALLY want to work Animal Kingdom into my park plans. I just saw the baby elephant that was born in AK and I want to see him! Or at least TRY and see him!! Elephants are my favorite by far on the safari.

Here is where I stand-ish

Park Days:
Friday:
EPCOT / Animal Kingdom

Sunday: Magic Kingdom / Hollywood Studios
Monday: Hollywood Studios / EPCOT EEH

Wednsday: Hollywood Studios / Magic Kingdom EEH
Thursday: Magic Kingdom / ???

It does seem like Friday is the best day to do Animal Kingdom... But I think that will only work if they extend the hours a bit. 6:00 will just come up sooo fast I think. I also, do like the idea of seeing the new fireworks show near International Gateway and then heading to Beaches and Cream for dessert.

I thought about maybe rope dropping AK on Sunday (aka Easter) But MK just feels Easter-y? So, then, I was like, maybe we park hop to AK on Easter, BUT I do have Oga's reservation that night, so sticking with HS makes the most sense.

Then I was thinking we could do AK Wednesday morning. Which we could do, But Morgan and Gwen requested 2 HS days. I might need to talk that out with the girls.... I have to also tell them that RnR is going to be down while we are there. That might change there minds a bit.

Ok, I think I have convinced myself...

New Plan?!?!??
Friday:
EPCOT /
HS / EPCOT

Sunday: Magic Kingdom / Hollywood Studios
Monday: Hollywood Studios / EPCOT EEH

Wednsday:
Animal Kingdom / Magic Kingdom EEH
Thursday: Magic Kingdom / ???

SOooo, thinking about doing AK on Wednesday, I thought, we could do lunch at Sanaa that day which would open up our rest day.

Which Sanaa lunch on our rest day felt off, if that makes sense.

AND THEN I had an idea!!! On our rest day, we do a Monorail crawl! Gwen and I have been dying to go to Trader Sam's. So, we could head to the Poly early enough to get on the wait list.

Does anyone know what time they start a list!?! Looks like they open at 3:00, so maybe 2:00?

The question is there enough stuff for the girls to do a monorail crawl? I mean we could just try and do Trader Sam's that day and not crawl it...

SO, my curent dilemma is I REALLY want to work Animal Kingdom into my park plans. I just saw the baby elephant that was born in AK and I want to see him!
Aww I would love to see the baby elephant too! AK is still my favorite park, I love the idea of working it in.
It does seem like Friday is the best day to do Animal Kingdom... But I think that will only work if they extend the hours a bit. 6:00 will just come up sooo fast I think.
I think they will extend hours! I saw early March hours have been extended to open at 8am and close at 8pm, which makes way more sense for spring break hours. I’m just not sure why they didn’t make that change earlier, but guessing it will be the same for all of spring break (they only seem to be updating one day at a time, 3 weeks out, for now).
AND THEN I had an idea!!! On our rest day, we do a Monorail crawl! Gwen and I have been dying to go to Trader Sam's. So, we could head to the Poly early enough to get on the wait list.
I love that idea! I really want to try Trader Sam’s. We’ll be going to the Poly so if we get ourselves ready early enough maybe we’ll try a stop there, but I’m not sure how that will work with the wait list.

I definitely think you should make AK part of your plans. The baby elephant is so cute and I think you’ll regret it if you don’t try to get to see her. I’ve never made it to Trader Sam’s but want to go someday so a monorail crawl sounds fun. I’m sure the girls would enjoy getting to see different resorts/gift shops and possibly getting a new to them snack/drink or small souvenir at each stop.

Sounds like a wonderful trip and the two of my favorite resorts! I think these days for us on a longer trip splitting the stays with an Epcot resort and MK resort is perfect! Andi and I use to do that on our longer August trips back in the day! We would stay 4-5 at YC and 4 at GF, Poly, or. CR. Sad the cost of those resorts is now out of my budget even off peak times!
Remember the Labour Day specials? Such great prices back in the day on deluxe resorts! I could not afford deluxe resorts now if it wasn't for DVC.
We have enjoyed drinks at Territory Lounge a few times now and the staff in there are awesome! I love the Mushroom soup!
Love Territory!
I think you got your wish!
Monorail crawls are so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter