• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break crowds

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
What will crowds be like during spring break? We were at Disney last year over the 4th. Will it be as crowded as the 4th or as it is right now during the holidays?

It depends on how close to Easter your spring break is. We have gone for Texas spring break which is usually the 2nd week of March when Easter was 2 weeks later, we had level 10 crowds but it was very manageable nothing compared to Christmas.

We really enjoy March/TX spring break. It is crowded, but not insane, and the weather is MUCH better. Hot enough to wear shorts and ride all the wet stuff, but not the oven-like sauna of July.

There is no 'Spring Break'. My school breaks the first week in March, many if not most are closer to Easter. When we used to go then, crowds were no worse than moderate but got worse as our 9 or 10 day trip went on. 2014 was our last March trip so things may have changed.

Bill From PA

The week leading up to Easter is New England schools spring break and the crowd predictions right now are 9-10 from Wednesday up to Easter. We’ll be there the 10-18th and I’m preparing for the worst towards the end of our vaca.

Remember that every state has a different spring break so any week in March and any week in April could be filled with spring break tourists. Middle of March is usually the worst because that’s when locals have off spring break too (this year for us locals it’s March 15th-24th). Spring break is notorious for having high-level crowds sometimes even comparable to summer crowds. Like a lot of other people on this fourm have said, there really isn’t an “off time for Disney” anymore as it’s always so crowded but hopefully it should be manageable. I’ll be hoping for the best for you guys. Good luck!

We really enjoy March/TX spring break. It is crowded, but not insane, and the weather is MUCH better. Hot enough to wear shorts and ride all the wet stuff, but not the oven-like sauna of July.

I have my fingers crossed that we will get nice warm weather for our upcoming March spring break trip. It was a tossup between going in July right when school finishes or March. We have always gone in May, and have been fortunate to get warm,sunny weather on all our trips.

I have my fingers crossed that we will get nice warm weather for our upcoming March spring break trip. It was a tossup between going in July right when school finishes or March. We have always gone in May, and have been fortunate to get warm,sunny weather on all our trips.
As long as it’s warm and not HOT. The Spring Break before last was like a Sauna. Unseasonably hot and miserable. In the summer we expect that, but not in the spring.

As long as it’s warm and not HOT. The Spring Break before last was like a Sauna. Unseasonably hot and miserable. In the summer we expect that, but not in the spring.

OMG i was THERE for that! it was UNreal! heat exhaustion ruined most of our trip even tho we were wearing huge chilly pads and drinking water like crazy.

We're scheduled for the first week of March and the crowd levels are listed between 8 and 10 that entire week. Didn't expect that so early.

We are there the same week. I know it's Mardi Gras week and was a little afraid of this. Early crowd calendars had lower crowds between 6 and 8, but now those have gone up. I was first going to do later in the month, but airfare was outrageous and I could get reasonable flights for the first week of March. We're just doing one Disney day, the MK, will get there at rope drop, have a touring plan, will get our three FPs, and have already decided no for 7DMT and Peter Pan to get what we want to get in. We are going on an evening EMH day, but are offsite guests so need to leave after fireworks. Any day at Disney is fun, though, but I really and truly was hoping for lighter crowds than what is predicted predicted. We're doing SeaWorld and have quick queue there, as we are staying in a SeaWorld hotel. And we'll also be visiting relatives who live in the area also.

Usually though the weather for that week is perfect and that really helps. Enjoy. In general Spring Break seems to be way more crowded than it used to be. This is from someone, though, who regularly did spring break down there back in the mid to late 70s and early 80s, so I guess things change after 40 years.

Many schools in NJ have break week before Easter this year or after...will be super busy!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter