Spring break crowds beginning to taper? + park report and map offer

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Quick report. Crowds were average or perhaps a bit below. Have we reached the beginning of the end of spring break folk?

The friends who usually join me weren’t there yesterday so it was a slightly different start for me. I decided to rope-drop M&MRR, since I’ve only done it once before. Some may recall that I’ve RD’ed IJ for the past few weeks. PP isn’t worth starting with any longer unless it’s closed at the park open or some other form of force majeure graces us.

I was the first from the rope-drop to make it to M&MRR. I was about the tenth in line overall and it was a walk-on, essentially. I decided to continue with my strategy of doing things differently so I then rode Gadget’s Go Coaster. I think I’ve only done that once before and it was more than ten years ago. It was more fun than I recall, even though it’s over in about three breaths ;-). Then I jumped in line for RR. That was also virtually a walk-on.

Following Toon Town, I headed to Buzz. Had a very rough start with the attraction. Either I got a cruiser with a bad gun -- inaccurate, didn’t work well or the scoring was faulty – or high-value targets didn’t work. In the worst cases, both occurred. On my second to last ride, the gun would seize up about once every ten seconds and I barely broke 1M. I explained the problem to a CM and she let me ride again. For my final circuit, conditions were perfect: the gun performed well and nearly all of the targets were working. So finally I was able to get a respectable score of just more than 2M. Aside: my newly-minted adversary NAP wasn’t there so it was easy to rule the leader board. When I left the park at around 2:00, I was still in the #1 slot.

One more interesting thing: I rode HM at around 10:30 and that was only about a five-minute wait. I presumed that it must have just reopened after being down for a bit.

Standard DL postcards are still MIA. I’m talking about the basic ones that show the castle or something similar. You can still buy the pricey artistic ones… in a set of five at Emporium for $14. No thanks. I’ll hold out for the ones that come in at around $2.

Not much else to share, other than I replenished my map supply, if anyone would like a set. I sent out three to various board members this morning.

Pics:
F7264862-9305-4305-8E29-B463AB53CCC3.jpegAB5299EB-1D17-48DD-9231-85486F07E61A.jpegBB8B272B-F6A8-45AF-B84E-175488EFE0A2.jpegE91A6FCA-E85D-4B27-AAF5-6BCFCEB67512.jpeg933DA8DF-9769-4D7C-9DA6-CC132B50DB68.jpeg116C1B9E-0CFB-4F08-875B-50DD40CE6BF4.jpegBF3F4636-8518-4DF4-877A-319B49B326F2.jpeg25FBCD0C-1F70-4BE8-829C-2A2D0403FEBE.jpeg580F4626-15AB-4E71-B783-EB9956BE4C33.jpegFB406FD2-B5B1-41F5-85B6-6C78BCCD32C3.jpeg

Thanks for the report and pics. We will be arriving this Sat with our first park day Sunday. We were last there in September and I don’t think we have ever been in April. Weather looks perfect.
Cool! Hope you have a great time! Feel free to find me at the rope on Sunday, usually to the right of the hub. Or look for me on Buzz :-).

Thanks for all the pics.
One crowd-prediction site I follow thinks the last of the Easter crowds will be gone by later this week, and that starting as early as Wednesday it will start to look off-seasonish again.

I hope so. The husband and I have a date day at DCA on Thursday while the kids are at school! Our spring break was last week.

And we’ll be back this weekend for my daughter’s birthday and dapper day on Sunday!

I also hope so. I’m taking my daughter and her two best friends with their mom the end of this week and they haven’t been in years. I’m hoping for a great experience for them!

I followed wait times all day on Sunday and was astounded at the short times. All day. Once crowed levels were posted on Touring Plans they said it was a 3 which explained the low times. PP was 20-30 min all day. M&MRR was 20-30 min most of the day. ROR was most often less than 60. I can only hope for such a day when we're there next month!!

Thanks for the update. Im heading over on Saturday and we’re planning on RD M&MRR. We have an ECV with us so will get a return time for Indy.

haven’t been in awhile, miss my home!

Thanks for all the pics.
One crowd-prediction site I follow thinks the last of the Easter crowds will be gone by later this week, and that starting as early as Wednesday it will start to look off-seasonish again.
Not sure about this. Planning to be there Friday, but based on the hotel prices in Anaheim either the resort areas are going to be packed or hotels have taken a ton of rooms out of inventory. $250-$400 for your standard Hilton/Marriot brands. Hopefully its off-season in the park but I'm planning for crowds.

Not sure about this. Planning to be there Friday, but based on the hotel prices in Anaheim either the resort areas are going to be packed or hotels have taken a ton of rooms out of inventory. $250-$400 for your standard Hilton/Marriot brands. Hopefully its off-season in the park but I'm planning for crowds.

This is just what hotels cost now…. I don’t think we’ve ever seen a room under $250. Or even at $250. This weekend is Dapper Day…. So that will be a big draw. We’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel this weekend and dressing up and going to the parks on Sunday. So that May account for the busy resorts, but I also think you’re onto something regarding inventory…. I think they take rooms out.

I was at the parks this past Sunday but I started in DCA then moved over to Disneyland in the afternoon. They must have already sold out of the Easter eggs because when I looked there weren't any. Nice to see your pictures of them.

I'm a local so have been several times with an ECV, what's up?
I’m renting an ECV and have a couple of very basic questions - assuming there is a key to start it and you take the key with you if you have to leave it anywhere? Also, I keep hearing about how close everything is and that it’s a tighter park and just wondering how easy it is to get around on it. Any tips you could share would be so welcomed. :)

I’m renting an ECV and have a couple of very basic questions - assuming there is a key to start it and you take the key with you if you have to leave it anywhere?
Yes, usually they put the key on a wristlet so you can keep it handy.

Also, I keep hearing about how close everything is and that it’s a tighter park and just wondering how easy it is to get around on it. Any tips you could share would be so welcomed. :)
Yes, DL park is smaller than MK so it is easier to get around. I don't find it difficult when using an ECV. Most often when you are going on a ride you'll park your ECV near the entrance/exit as most of DL's queues (except for SWGE) aren't wheelchair accessible. You'll often see a CM nearby who will provide you a return time.

I would say of all the lands, the 'tightest' would be Fantasyland but still, manageable.

The train can take an ECV but you cannot exit off at Main St. as there is no ramp.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter