Spring break crowds…?

StarTunnelVibes

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am planning a trip from March 21st-March 25th. How bad are spring break crowds?

We usually go during the summer (either July or august). We are staying at swan and plan to purchase genie+ everyday (most likely). Rope dropping is the norm for us. We are not renting a car - just using Disney transport.

I know it will be bad, but how bad is bad? :laughing:

Hello!

I am planning a trip from March 21st-March 25th. How bad are spring break crowds?

We usually go during the summer (either July or august). We are staying at swan and plan to purchase genie+ everyday (most likely). Rope dropping is the norm for us. We are not renting a car - just using Disney transport.

Ugh is that spring break? I’ll be there that week. I had no clue.

I usually just assume all of March is spring break since each college/school picks different weeks. But maybe there is one week that is more popular than others?

I personally don't think it's bad. Maybe add 20 minutes to the standby wait times you typically have in July. You'll be fine with Genie+.

My GOSH Spring Break crowds in March 2023 were HORRID. I was down at Disney World during the time and it wasn't a pleasant experience with the vast amount of people there.

Usually the week of March 11th and the weeks before/after Easter are the worst crowd wise. The rest inbetween varies but is usually a bit lower. Touring plans has the week of the 11th around 9 crowds last year and the time around the 21st 7 crowds.

Usually the week of March 11th and the weeks before/after Easter are the worst crowd wise. The rest inbetween varies but is usually a bit lower. Touring plans has the week of the 11th around 9 crowds last year and the time around the 21st 7 crowds.
March 11th is my crush's birthday. <3

It's manageable, no worse than most weeks in the summer - as said above, spring break is so spread out across the country so it's not like everyone converges at once like they do Thanksgiving or Christmastime. We've done spring break (mid-March) many times and if you manage expectations and plan well it's perfectly fine!

Hello!

Considering your strategy, you will be fine. To me, it "feels" about 20% to 30% more busy in March than when we go in June, especially at the end of the day.

However, the weather can be much better.

But check the forecast before you pack. You can get some wet, windy, cold days in March.

It'll be busy but if you avoid when Orange county has spring break you'll be fine. I see that for 2024, spring break for local schools is March 18-22.

Easter is early this year, it's going to be bad. Some people have spring break that goes by date, some schools have it to align with easter. You'll have both of those people colliding that weekend. Just go in with low expectations and then you can be pleasantly surprised by the things you are able to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter