Spring Break 2012 and 5 in a room

mom-2-3

Mouseketeer
Hi all, got Disney down to a science but want to try Universal (and stay on property)

Can all 5 of us stay in one room?

Can I book April 2012 yet or is it already booked? When I tried online, it said there were no rooms available.

Thanks

We stayed five in a room at RPH in December, 2008. According to the website, we should have been charged extra for the fifth person, but we were not. Our kids (8, 10, DN11) were still small enough they all fit in one bed so we didn't request a rollaway, that may be why we were not charged.
Also, I believe you can book a room now by phone, but that internet booking will not be available until the fall. I'm waiting impatiently, since we are planning a trip for next year also. (Either Spring Break or early summer. Woo hoo!)

I am mostly a reader and not a poster, but we are going next March for a March break getaway and when I called the hotel reservation line they advised me that I would have to wait until July or August before the rates came out.

I am trying to decided between HRH and RPH club level myself as I am not sure the difference in price would be worth paying for how much we might use club level services.

I suppose I will make my final decision once rates come out.

Five can stay in the rooms with 2 queen beds. As long as you don't have more than 2 adults (18 and over) there is no extra charge. You can have up to 4 adults in a room and each adult more than 2 is charged $25 extra/night just like at the Disney deluxe hotels.

We just got back from PRP and had 5 in our room. I read that there was a $25 charge for a rollaway, so we took an air mattress and used that. We were not charged extra for the 5th person and all 5 of us were given keys to use as Express passes. :cheer2:

Thank you for all the info on this thread. I hope the OP does not mind, but I kinda had a question along the same lines.

Based on what I have already read in the Universal room threads, I knew to book a 2qn room in order to accomodate our party which consists of 3ad, 2ch. I also plan to bring along an air mattress. I have already made the reservations for our stay in March of 2012. I did have to call as the reservations are not open on line yet. I will be watching for discounts and will try to book a AAA or Military if they came available. Right now, I just have what ever rate is in the system for that time frame.

So my question is....would the same set up work in the Jurassic Park Kid Suites at RPH? The thing that is throwing me off is that there is a King bed for the adults and not 2 qns? I understand that they will not book 5 in a room that has a king bed. But, would they if it was a kid's suite? Anyone out there have any luck with 3ad and 2ch in a kids suite at any of the onsite hotels? Just curious....

Thanks in advance. Sorry if I missed the answer elsewhere on the thread.

:flower3:

We stayed five in a room at RPH in December, 2008. According to the website, we should have been charged extra for the fifth person, but we were not. Our kids (8, 10, DN11) were still small enough they all fit in one bed so we didn't request a rollaway, that may be why we were not charged.
Also, I believe you can book a room now by phone, but that internet booking will not be available until the fall. I'm waiting impatiently, since we are planning a trip for next year also. (Either Spring Break or early summer. Woo hoo!)

2 a and 3 c are allowed in the rooms.

18 and over is considered an adult.

each additional adult 18 and over has the surcharge.

roll aways have a nightly charge of $25 plus tax.

i always book by phone.
the TM will search for any rates that will be cheaper if asked.

you can book in advance before any discount rates are available.
then call and modify your charge/promo later.

when you book early, you are garaunting your room.
do call early as only a cetain % of rooms are available for specific rates.
military, APH, AAA, best rates, promos.....etc.

So 5 in a room (3a+2c) with 2 queen beds, where does the 5th one sleep. Do they expect 2 in 1 bed and 3 in the other or is there a sofabed too?

if depends on which hotel you choose.

if at hrh,the deluxe rooms should have a sofa bed.
when you book, make sure you can get a deluxe room that has the sofa bed.
not all of them have it. but they do have the sofa.

pbh is larger.
you can fit 5 in there much easier.

rollaways cost $25.
bring an aero bed instead.

So 5 in a room (3a+2c) with 2 queen beds, where does the 5th one sleep. Do they expect 2 in 1 bed and 3 in the other or is there a sofabed too?

If you book a deluxe room at the HRH, there is always a sofa bed. If you book a deluxe room at the PBH, there is usually a pull out chair bed.

RPR has no deluxe rooms so you need a cot or a blow up mattress. Non deluxe 2 queen rooms at HRH or PBH require a cot or blow up mattress as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter