Spring Break ‘23 DVC member Trip Report

Gruenilda

Earning My Ears
🌺2BR dedicated booked at 7 month mark, requested high floor Ewa Tower
The Room was excellent, views of all of Aulani, mountains And Ocean
6902699F-B8A8-4048-85B5-CD5FCEC2F7E8.jpegA9EEA9F3-E920-4D17-BE93-F14476824C20.jpeg

🌺Online Check-in and a quick stop at the desk to activate magic bands
🌺Slides, pools and beach are just right (not water park like Atlantis, but enough to stay interesting)
🌺Lower Cassabella is great for adults and perhaps families with older kids who like to be on their own in the calm ocean lagoon
FC2AA102-8F37-444B-A016-A4B7DA086992.jpeg6F4CCC6E-56E1-4203-8641-1D8561CF1625.jpeg
😬If you want a front spot next to any of the pools plan on being there at 6:45am, camp out until the wrist band opens at 8am (use towels from the day before).
🌺You need one room key or magic band and everyone must check in at the desk for a wristband, every day AND they give one towel per person who is physically at the sign in hut
🌺Beach chairs are great and with the umbrella a great spot for the mornings
🌺Get your specialty dole whip sundae if you must have stitch at 11am as they run out during the day; Moana was available when I went-melted a little as I walked back to my room 😂
7C3651A6-A532-4067-BA5F-36ACEAC6539D.jpeg

🌺Absolutely LOVED the shave ice! It was so cool and like a slurpee on a hot day

🌺GO TO the DVC Member party if they have one and make sure to stop into the DVC club when you are there. Lots of DVC goodies including an exclusive blue light make your Mickey ears colored band and free refillable popcorn once you bought the pale from ule ule. Metal refillable drink cup (Ule Ule) keeps the coffee warm-way warmer than any plastic refillable mug.

🌺Food totally worth the price-Mama’s snack shop fish n chips & coconut shrimp, dole whip, shave ice, character cupcake, and any drink in a pineapple. Grateful we had a full kitchen for breakfast, sandwiches and snacks.

😳Download the app and go to see full schedule to start scheduling premium and freemium experiences at least a month in advance if not more.

❣️Line for Luana Lounge starts at 5:30am on day of your check-out, and the desk opens at 6am. 4 families have use of the lounge per hour (or 16 people). 4 tables, 2 couches, men and women bathrooms with lockers, 2 showers with shampoo, conditioner and towels. I got to the line at 5:45am, and was the third family for the 1pm hour (popular due to flight times). Bring hair brushes and anything else you need as you would a gym-the complaining from families who didn’t bring a hairbrush or a plastic bag for their swim suits was a bit much. 😂 Bonus if you planned and packed backpacks as if you were changing at a gym for the lounge. Most of us showered, changed, maybe ate the lunch picked up from off the hook and then headed out.
9BF82069-85AD-4B16-8EB5-CCB34DA66562.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I can't wait for our trip this summer. We splurged on a 2-BR oceanview and I am really looking forward to the extra space and (hopefully) an amazing view from a high floor!

So in sum,
get up at 6:45am every day to secure a spot at the pool
get up at 5:30am (!) to ensure you can wash up after check out
When does the vacation start?
I am assuming it is not necessary to grab front row pool chairs, but if you need one and as those are limited in quantity, you will need to make the effort. Same thing goes with Luana Lounge. As the space is limited with restroom, there needs to be a reservation system in place to avoid 100 people all trying to fit in at the same time for limited space and showers. Not sure, what alternative they would have.

So in sum,

My kids vastly preferred the lazy river to the pool, and we had no trouble getting chairs there even when showing up at 10-11am.

I did get up early for the Luana Lounge, though we flew out on a Thursday and I gather it's less busy than a weekend - staff told me I should be good to show up at 6am, so I did - only 3 ppl ahead of me. We also picked the latest timeslot (7-8pm). I have seen mention in the FB groups that Luana Lounge booking might be online now - but haven't been able to confirm this.

So in sum,
Yeah, that's not vacation to me, either 😂 We were there March 11-16. Group of 8. Each morning a couple of the teens would go down to the pool deck around 8 or 8:30 to get a couple of chairs. We were not bothered about where they were and never got more than 2-3 for our whole group. On the last day we had an 11pm flight so we used that day to do some things around the island, had a character breakfast at 9:30 and checked out by 11. No way I getting up at 5:30 for the lounge on site 😂

I was unaware of the whole lounge reservation system - good info. Haven't really thought too much about what we'll do on our last day tho. Our flight is at 4:36 pm which is much earlier than we have typically left on previous trips. So I'm thinking not really enough time to do a whole lot since we'll need to head to the airport / car return by what time? 1:00-ish? So I'm thinking sleep in for the first time, take time packing and check-out @ 11:00 & grab brunch (maybe @ La Hiki next door since we're leaving on a Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter