• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Advantage 2015, My Disney College Program Journey! Update Pg. 1: My Acceptance!

angeladcp

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone!!!
For my first post on my first ever trip report I thought I'd do a little introduction.

My name is Angela :)
I am 23 years old.
NUMBER OF WDW TRIPS : 2, in 1997 when i was 5 and in 2005 when I was 14.
FAVORITE PARK: Magic Kingdom
FAVORITE RIDE: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
FAVORITE SHOW: Festival of The Lion King
FAVORITE NIGHTTIME SHOW: Fantasmic!
FAVORITE PRINCESS: Rapunzel, I really relate to her.
FAVORITE PRINCE: Flynn Rider!
FAVORITE CHARACTER: Donald Duck
FAVORITE MOVIE: Am I allowed to say three? Tangled, Lion King, & Toy Story, seriously couldn't pick one!

On December 13, 2014, I graduated college with a Bachelor's In Radio/TV with an Emphasis on Video-Audio Production and a Minor in Political Science.

And I have been accepted to THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM for the Spring Advantage 2015 season!!!

This will be my second college program. I am an alum from Spring Advantage 2014 where I did Attractions and lived in a 3 bedroom, 6 person apartment in The Commons.

Now a little Info about My application process:

In 2014, I was on my first DCP, where I was in Orlando from January 20th to August 8th, 2014.
Just a short
12 days after arriving back home to finish my final semester of college, applications for Spring Advantage 2015 opened on August 20th, 2014.

Here is what my application timeline looked like.
8/20/14:
Apps drop, I skip class this day, and go straight to my University's Library, and apply, and spend a few hours waiting for the steps to go through. I submit my application.
Here, my top 3 roles included:

1. Photopass Photographer (I feel I am most qualified for this role, as it really relates to my major that I listed above, Radio/TV Production),
2. Concierge (I love Disney, I love Disney Resorts, I know a lot about Disney, especially after already doing one college program prior to this one, I feel like i would be great at giving recommendations to guests, and helping them out with their needs for their vacation), and
3. Character Attendant (I would love to be a performer, but I could not miss class to go to another state for auditions in the middle of my final semester of college, so this is the next best option).

I was done with my initial application, and WEB-BASED INTERVIEW by 6 PM on 8/20/14, and I passed!!! Now time to schedule my PHONE INTERVIEW, which ended up being on 8/24/14 at 1:15 PM.

Between 8/20 and 8/24, I used this time to do all kinds of research on my top roles I wanted. I looked up youtube videos, tumblr blogs, etc. I found doing this research really prepared me. It is good to be prepared, and have an idea of what you want, but don't act too rehearsed. Let the conversation go naturally, and just glance at your notes if you get stumped on a question. Since this was my second time applying, I kind of already knew how things went so that helped a lot!

8/24/14: My PHONE INTERVIEW was scheduled for 1:15 PM Central Time! I got the call at 1:13 PM, they tell you to allow up to 15 minutes before and after your scheduled time for them to call. My Interview was 33 minutes long, and I felt like it went great. I felt really prepared like I nailed all of the questions, fingers crossed for my top role, photopass photographer. The roles I were asked about were PP, Concierge, and Character Performing, I got asked about performing when I mentioned I had done marching band all throughout high school, sadly I had to say that there wasn't an audition that was close enough for me to attend, and I couldn't miss class to go to another state. My interviewer thought it was admirable that I was focusing on my school work and grades, we then talked about me being a good student and how I participated in Honor Society for a few years while in school. I feel like that really helped me out.

Now, for the longest wait, EVER.

10/2/14: I had to wait over 5 weeks from 8/24/14 until OCTOBER 2ND, to find out that yes, I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED FOR MY NUMBER ONE ROLE CHOICE, A PHOTOPASS PHOTOGRAPHER FOR SPRING ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy when I saw I got Photopass that I cried. This was my 2nd program, and the 1st time it was also my top role and i did not get it, instead I got attractions, I could not believe I got it this time, hard work pays off. I was in SHOCK.

I was accepted on a Thursday, and I took the offer and paid my $354.00 program fees that Sunday. They give you up to 7 days to accept or decline your offer.

My original program dates were 2/2 to 8/7, but in December, something came up and I volunteered to change my program dates to 3/2 to 8/7, Disney was asking that people do this because they were overbooked on arrival days. I needed a dental procedure done on 2/19 so it made sense for me to change my dates.

Now here we are at 2/24/15 and I am LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY FROM LEAVING.
On 3/1/15 I will arrive in Orlando and stay in a Little Mermaid Room at THE ART OF ANIMATION until 3/3/15. My check-in day is 3/2/15, THIS MONDAY, which that is where I will find out my housing and the location I got for my role which I cannot wait for!!!

My next Update will be this Friday, 2/27, the night before I leave on 2/28 to make an 18 hour drive from Arkansas to Orlando. My update on Friday will look at my packing process that I will be doing this week! Thank you for checking out My DCP Report :)

I'm here to read along!! I'm too old for the DCP...but hoping one of my kids can do it one day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter