• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spreading the magic guest to guest

I don't do anything for kids,but when the 20% Merch Coupon is available(as it is now through July 15) and when I have one I am not going to use,I find a Guest with a BIG amount of items in Mouse Gears,etc. and give them my extra coupon.:)

They do sometimes scream with joy like a child though.;):)

I LOVE that!!! :love: Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't have thought of it! :banana:

I personally have an entire stores stock of glow sticks in my bag and love handing them out to kids. My own kids love wearing them. I love wearing them. It's just fun. We had our entire bus glowing one night as it was very full and very late and kids were getting grumpy. We gave EVERY kid on the bus a glow bracelet. Everyone was giggles and smiles from the park to the hotel. :woohoo:

We always see lots of lil ones fall and scrape their knees etc. That would probably cheer them up a lot, it would be the ideal time to take out your little goody. You will want to be on the down-low if others are around, but especially when you see one who is crying etc, this would probably make you their hero (and their parents too!)

We have given away our unused FPs when we were hopping and wouldn't use it. It always made people's day.

Things are so different now.

So many kids have allergies anyway, so poor parents! That would be a nightmare. Some are allergic to dairy, to peanuts, to chocolate, to gluten, etc.

On the other hand, ever give kids a sticker? You think you would have given them the world! My mom would give them to all the kids who sat so good during church every week. The lil kiddies would run over to get their stickers.

Lots of cheap Disney stickers out there. So that's one idea.

Here is the link to my heated thread regarding this type of thing.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3277421

Mine was supposed to be more geared towards adults but there was stuff in there about kids too. Might be helpful so you will be prepared should anyone have other stuff to say.

I personally think it's a neat idea and something I heard about here on the dis. Wanted to give it a try for my first ever vacation trip to WDW (see siggie) but based on the negative feedback I chickened out.

I LOVE that!!! :love: Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't have thought of it! :banana:

You're welcome.:)

I think it is the best Pixie Dust I can do for another Guest.

If a Guest is purchasing,say $500.00,the coupon will save them $100.00-that's some SERIOUS Pixie Dust!(and A LOT of "extra" Mickey Premiums for the Guest!lol:))

Had a great experience in '04 when my wife and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary. When we go to MK we buy A LOT of merch and weren't confident about having our items sent to our room (Who has trust issues when it comes to WDW???) so we were lugging a decent amount of bags around. A family was walking out of the park, saw us and the Dad offered me their rented stroller which they were done with for the day. Such a simple act, but I could not have been more grateful. To this day I kick myself for not asking where they were staying so I could have had something sent to them as a thank you.

I made my position on this issue abundantly clear in that other thread. ;) However, if you insist on buying trinkets to give to other guests, please don't target them based on whether you think they look poor, or face potentially stumbling upon one of your recipients on a message board 18 months later and totally offending them, thus undoing the pixie dust moment . :lmao:

I have bought quite a few items for our upcoming trip. DD and her friend will give them away. I won't even worry about anything. They are all trinkets like pens, notebooks and small toys.

Dd was once given a balloon by a family leaving as we were getting of the bus. It was a small gesture and we silk talk about it

Several years ago I approached a balloon vendor on Main Street. Told him I wanted to pay for the next two balloons. Settled up and walked away. He handed over the next two and told the guests it was a gift from Mickey! Felt great!

I'm a woman in my late 20's who will be traveling with my sister. Is this a good or bad idea? I don't want to come off as creepy or weird. And maybe I should whisper to the parents to ask if it's ok first (but again, I don't know if that would be weirder or what). I would just love to make someone's day by doing something random. Thoughts please?

Do it if you want, but don't fool yourself into thinking the objective is anything other than making YOUR day.

Several years ago I approached a balloon vendor on Main Street. Told him I wanted to pay for the next two balloons. Settled up and walked away. He handed over the next two and told the guests it was a gift from Mickey! Felt great!

Love the randomness of this and will absolutely be doing it on my next trip!

jtowntoflorida said:
I made my position on this issue abundantly clear in that other thread. ;) However, if you insist on buying trinkets to give to other guests, please don't target them based on whether you think they look poor, or face potentially stumbling upon one of your recipients on a message board 18 months later and totally offending them, thus undoing the pixie dust moment . :lmao:

True dat!

Agree!

Do it if you want, but don't fool yourself into thinking the objective is anything other than making YOUR day.

I kind of agree with this.

Disney is already such overload for children, there isn't a shortage of "magic" there, which is why we all love it. People who go there have already managed to afford what is not an inexpensive vacation or even ticket. Maybe save the money and donate a few gifts to a women's shelter at the holidays or go volunteer at a nursing home or a food pantry. I think those are the places that could use a little more magic. WDW has enough.

Every year we get balloons for my kids, and we can't take them back home on the airplane, so we always give them to some kids at our resort as we check out. We do always ask the parents first, but we've always been thanked profusely and my kids have learned that it's nice to do something for someone else without being asked.

I really like the "pay it forward" idea with the balloons. Also, I don't see what's wrong with someone wanting to do something nice for another person. Yes, Disney already has "magic", but what's a little extra? I agree that if you're dealing with children you should definitely speak with the parents first, and food should definitely be left out of the equation...I dunno, I guess I just don't see the big deal. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so to each their own.

Every year we get balloons for my kids, and we can't take them back home on the airplane, so we always give them to some kids at our resort as we check out. We do always ask the parents first, but we've always been thanked profusely and my kids have learned that it's nice to do something for someone else without being asked.

We do this too. We were leaving our last day and a mom and daughter were outside the float works at POFQ. Girl was dressed in purple, our balloon was a purple Mickey head in a clear balloon. My dd7 at the time said her mom, she's dressed in purple I bet she likes purple. We walked up and I asked the mom if we could give her daughter the balloon, as we were abt to get on the plane. The mom asked the girl if she wanted it, and she lit up like a star. She wasn't at the park with her dad and brother bc she felt bad -made her day. She was so excited and mom thanked my dd7 several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter