Spray deodorant

Jvace

Earning My Ears
Is spray deodorant allowed on the plane?

What about spray starch (for ironing)?

I’ve brought both before in checked luggage, but that was a loooonnnggg time ago before all the restrictions.

Thanks in advance!

According to TSA website the aerosol deodorant has to be under 100ml like a normal liquid if you carry it on. Ok in all quantities if checked BUT spray starch is prohibited as a carry on and checked luggage.

Source

TSA has a fun app with a “can I bring?” section. I have it bookmarked in my Travel folder on my phone.

BAE393AB-2178-424C-B407-D4F3DB62C812.jpeg

As for spray starch, I don’t know. Ironing to that degree while away, though... that’s a whole other level. If it’s for a fancy meal, I’d look up how to keep things unwrinkled when packing (something about rolling and using dry cleaning bags) OR find a dry cleaner if it’s for work.

TSA website is the best place to check for the updated information on what is allowed on an airplane. Things change and if you don't travel frequently, best to look there for latest info. Personally, I would only carry on the airplane things you need to use while traveling or items like prescription medication in the event your luggage is lost/delayed. Spray starch should go in your checked luggage. Disney is way more casual of a place where you could do without spray starch and have one less thing to pack in your luggage.

Last edited:
TSA has a fun app with a “can I bring?” section. I have it bookmarked in my Travel folder on my phone.

View attachment 435002

As for spray starch, I don’t know. Ironing to that degree while away, though... that’s a whole other level. If it’s for a fancy meal, I’d look up how to keep things unwrinkled when packing (something about rolling and using dry cleaning bags) OR find a dry cleaner if it’s for work.

Thanks for this info! Downloaded the app today & put it in my 'airline' app folder. Particularly liked the 'ask TSA' section where you can ask them directly & don't have to rely on a bunch of strangers who may or may not know. An app that updates is a great way to keep info up to date & current. I also like the location services where it will know which airport I'm near & about pre-check line wait times & operating hours. Should be very helpful.:thanks: :disrocks:

The normal rule of thumb is that if it is meant to be applied directly to human skin, then it is OK in checked baggage. If the package directs you not to apply it to your skin, then it is probably not allowed in checked baggage. (So, yep, no Lysol spray.)

Anything that is not a medicine of some kind (Rx or OTC) has to be in a container of under 100ml and placed in your 3-1-1 baggie if you wish to carry it on.

PP offered a link to relevant section of TSA website. Spray starch isn't permitted in carry on or checked bags. Passengers should follow TSA rules
This. If you check the Can I Bring section of TSA website, it clearly says carry on, no, and checked bag, no. Unless you want to buy a can while in Orlando and then leave it behind when you go, there will be no spray starching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter