• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spotify vs Apple Music

Spotify vs Apple Music

• Spotify

• Apple Music

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm getting a trial of Amazon Unltd music, it's pretty cheap if you have Prime. It's by no means a main music source, but for the kitchen it's ideal and we have fun bossing Alexa around to play our requests.;)
If you didn't already know this, you can add Spotify as one of your Alexa skills. Then you can still boss her around. :thumbsup2

Amazon Prime music since it already comes with prime. It’s like free Spotify (where you can pretty much only play on shuffle) but without the ads. 99% of the time I am shuffling my playlist anyway so I don’t really care, and it’s one less streaming subscription I have to pay for. If I want to listen to a specific song/album I’ll pull it up on YouTube.

I'm not a fan of either. They return a pittance to the artists just aren't physical. I'm all for LPs or, failing that, CDs. If I'm forced to go digital, old-skool Apple music, where I buy an individual track for 99c is the best for me. I still hanker for the good ol' days of Napster!

I am on my son’s Spotify account, and LOVE it! It’s on my phone and iPad, and I have two Alexa Echo Dots (kitchen and family room) that I play the music on.

I also have Amazon Prime but NEVER use that anymore because they insist on adding songs to playlists that I don’t want to hear. Even on my own playlists I have created. It’s too annoying! So it’s only Spotify for me.

I am on my son’s Spotify account, and LOVE it! It’s on my phone and iPad, and I have two Alexa Echo Dots (kitchen and family room) that I play the music on.

I also have Amazon Prime but NEVER use that anymore because they insist on adding songs to playlists that I don’t want to hear. Even on my own playlists I have created. It’s too annoying! So it’s only Spotify for me.
It sounds like you have the option turned in to let others add to your playlists. Make sure your settings are the way you want them.

We've preferred Spotify to the others by a longshot.

Apple removed or replaced several rare pieces I actually own, including a couple I purchased through them. I got a couple back after a whole lot of effort, only to have them disappear again within a few months. Yet I was prevented from removing the U2 they forced on me on my device in my library. Avoid the whole scrum from there on out and booted Apple.

I'm trying to shift away from paying for my music. When I got my first iPod, I converted everything I owned onto CD onto my iTunes account, but then I went through a few phases where I spent all kinds of money downloading songs. As a result, I have a pretty sizeable iTunes library.
*The problem- after several years, I noticed purchased songs disappearing. I'm not sure if Apple loses rights to have some things on there are what, but I've had a good 20-30 songs just disappear. There's some residue of them, but they can't be played and Apple has given me odd responses for why they can't be recovered or reloaded. As a result, I have a distrust of Apple's music services and won't buy in. While I didn't buy as many songs on Amazon Music, I've had a couple of those disappear like that as well. Amazon said they no longer had the rights to provide what I paid for. So, like Apple, I won't buy into their services.

I got tired of buying individual songs, so I had Sirius for several years. I just hit a point where I was flipping channels an awful lot trying to find something I wanted to listen to. So, I canceled that service (which isn't an easy task). Before my Sirius subscription ended, I created my "ULTIMATE PLAYLIST" on Spotify. I loaded everything and anything I can think of, as well as listening heavily to Sirius before my subscription ended to make sure nothing was missed. In the end, the playlist amounted to 200 hours of songs. The only problem...I feel like it repeats songs. You'd think with that much music, I could go a long time without any repeats, but there have been times where the same song could play 2-3x over the course of a day. It also doesn't shuffle artists well. If I wanted to hear the same artist, I'd just pick an artist specific playlist already in existence. So, for this reason, I refuse to buy into the commercial free version and only stick with the freebie. I will say that it has been good for holiday music. My personal iTunes holiday music playlist is many hours long, but sometimes I want to change it up. Sirius was great for holiday music, but I'm not buying back in just for that. The local radio station plays way too many commercials and repeats the same things over and over. So, Spotify has been excellent as a filler when I don't want my 7+ hour iTunes holiday playlist.

It sounds like you have the option turned in to let others add to your playlists. Make sure your settings are the way you want them.
I think it’s an Amazon thing as when it first started happening a lot of people were complaining about it.

I have most of the music I ever owned on my PC hard drive and backed up in two or three places plus most of it on my phone. If I want to hear songs I like but didn't own, I use Amazon Music. I have an XM subscription for my car that has streaming that I will use for sports broadcasts, comedy and sometimes talk. Didn't care for Spotify with all of the commercials and despise Apple anything.

We have a family Spotify plan, and I love it! We had iTunes long ago, but I find this much more intuitive to use. (Plus, I got a kick out of the recap they just sent me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter