Spotify/Pandora during the race

klmcleod

Mouseketeer
Newbie rundisney runner....how's it using spotify or pandora during a rundisney race? Any issues with spotty or cutting in and out due to the many amounts of runners? I wasn't sure if there were issues like at sporting events where my cell phone can lag and be slow. I really like my certain playlist and if I'm going to have problems I'll purchase some of my more motivating songs ahead of time. TIA!

I run with Spotify and never have had an issue, and this is across the US and through Canada. Make sure you have good headphones. I only lose connections sometimes with the blue tooth :)

I had no problem with Spotify, but I also made sure the playlist I wanted was synced to my phone so I wasn't streaming the songs.

Great! Thanks you two! Good to know I shouldn't have a problem! But I am loving my new bluetooth headphones....
The weird things I'm thinking about while running and pretending I'm running the future course!

Yup - no problems with Spotify. I also make sure my playlist is accessable offline so I never "lose it" and it takes far less battery power since it's not technically streaming music.

I've tried Pandora, but I need the power to skip to a song I NEED to hear to keep my groove going. Also, Pandora is a battery hog so I'd be afraid it wouldn't make it through a pre-race/race/post-race scenario at Disney that could add up to 2 hours of time to your overall race experience.

Yup - no problems with Spotify. I also make sure my playlist is accessable offline so I never "lose it" and it takes far less battery power since it's not technically streaming music.

Also good for airplane rides! Make a sleep playlist and you'll have good music offline and it won't kill your battery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter