• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sports Simulator

Terri2007

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi! I am traveling on Fantasy in August. Despite a handful of sailings, we have never booked the Simulator. I was able to book. We have 5 kids from 10-15 --- most play hockey. Do you think this is a good activity and can they share the time? Also, is it possible to cancel without penalty? Sometimes it is hard to guess if there is another activity that kids may want instead until you get on the ship...

Thanks!

My kids really enjoyed this activity (Goofy's sports simulator, not golf simulator, in case anyone was wondering), but they were quite young, 4, 6 and 8 at the time. I think we did a one hour booking - I can't remember though. I can't speak to the cancellation policy but it's probably on the website somewhere. I'm going to guess that it's not necessarily going to be as high tech as teens might expect, but frankly it wasn't a lot of money and it was a nice way to spend an hour. And yes, you can share the time but I think the games are set up for 1-2 players, so they'd have to take turns and it would be a bit crowded. There are a couple of stools inside behind the netting. The room is set up with golf on one side and sports on the other, so in the middle section there are a couple of stools for spectators.

My boys (9 & 11) and husband did it on the Fantasy in April and had a good time. I wasn't there (Rainforest Room instead) but they said there were 1 and 2 player games and they each got enough play time in the hour they had. They said it was fun but not necessarily a must-do as they had just as much fun playing foosball!

Great thanks! I have a few of these slots booked so it sounds like it will be worth a try. If kids phase out, adults can give it a go!

We booked an hour and the hour went by quickly. I believe there is a $10 penalty if you cancel within 24 hours. We enjoyed the hockey, football, basketball and carnival games.

For that age of kids I think they'll enjoy...the hockey game on there is pretty neat (you shoot at targets on the goal like at the All Star Skills contest). But for kids younger than that I wouldn't hype it up too much because the games can be tough even on the lowest difficulty setting. For example...there's a baseball game where you're the pitcher and Goofy is the batter. I set it on the lowest setting for the kids, and they couldn't throw hard enough to get it to register their pitches. So I stepped in and told them I'd show them how it's done. A little background...I pitched through high school, had a fastball in the high 80's, good accuracy. Anyway, so I threw my first pitch, which was a 72 mph strike on the inside part of the plate...and Goofy hit a home run off it. I'm still a little perplexed how a kid is supposed to strike him out...

The times slots are booked up online. Any chance times are still available once on board? Thought this would be fun to fill in the gaps when nothing else is going on

My 12 year old loved it; you book the time slot, not per person so others can join in. We had booked one slot before the cruise; the rest had filled up; however, we checked each day and a slot opened up later in the afternoon of a port visit day. (So there is always a chance to get a slot onboard.) We had to use the "golf" side, but they can change it for the generic sports also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter