• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sports bars

kityrussell

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are staying at the Portofino this coming weekend for our first ever Universal trip. Yeah!! However, we are both BIG college football fans and are blocking out some "down" time Saturday afternoon and early evening to catch some ball games on television. We thought about driving over the ESPN Club at Disney but are there any good sports bars in Universal we don't know about? If not, does anyone know if we have to pay to park at Boardwalk? We have always stayed at Disney property so we didn't have to before.

For football games, your best bet would probably be Friday's Front Row Sport Grill on International Drive. I'm not sure, but it may be the closest sports bar to Universal. It certainly is big. Last time I was there they had 150 tv sets hanging from the ceiling and have different sections set aside to watch different sports/games.

The phone number is (407) 363-1414.

at your hotel there's watering hole: the "thirsty fish" If you decide not to drive anywhere there's a chance they'll have it on

I sort of remember that night at Pat's with the XFL, but the ESPN place at Disney has to be one of the best places. Do they have TVs in the ladies room overlooking the urinals and stalls like they do in the men's room there? I thought that was the funniest thing-for the fan that can't miss ONE SECOND of the game...

Originally posted by DaveOBrien
Do they have TVs in the ladies room overlooking the urinals and stalls like they do in the men's room there?

These ladies I gotta meet!

Thanks for the great input! And to answer your question Dave, yes they do have the TVs in the women's room at ESPN! Very cool.

Still haven't decided and probably won't until we get there but now I have some direction. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter