[Spoilers] Please compare RotR to ......

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
Compare the drop to:

1. Pirates
2. Splash Mt
3. End of Soarin'
I really want to ride the whole ride, but I am not a thrill ride person. Most thread compare it to FoP or ToT- neither of which I have ridden.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's there.
But, it's not much.

My son isn't comfortable with drops either. He doesn't even really like the one on pirates but deals with it. RoR drop is more intense than that but he rode RoR twice because the ride was awesome enough to outweigh that moment. It's over in 1.5 seconds.

Oh, and the drop is nothing like ToT. It's just a brief moment on a 17 minute ride that doesn't have any other 'thrill ride' type issues. I'm pretty confident you won't regret trying.

Compare the drop to:

1. Pirates
2. Splash Mt
3. End of Soarin'
I really want to ride the whole ride, but I am not a thrill ride person. Most thread compare it to FoP or ToT- neither of which I have ridden.
it's not like any of these. It's a straight down, very short (1sec) drop, by the time you notice it, it's over

It’s so short. My nephew overheard someone talking about the drop while we were waiting to get in the park in Dec. they really made it out to be. He was freaked out about it all morning, and it turned out to be very quick, very short, and not at all a big deal.

I would compare the feeling of the drop to when you go to step down off of something and the drop is a little more (1" or less) than you anticipated. Just that brief reconciliation of orientation and little lurch/stomach drop.

Compare the drop to:

1. Pirates
2. Splash Mt
3. End of Soarin'
It's not like any of those; I would agree with the others you've seen comparing it to ToT (unhelpful as that is)--though a much, much shorter and milder version. It's fast and it's straight down, but it's very brief. You will know it's coming and the anticipation is probably a big part of why I actually found it more intense than others are indicating here. That being said, it may be intense but it's very brief.

You will not be able to skip the drop without skipping a very large portion of the ride. You might be able to ask for a chicken exit before you get in the ride vehicle with the droid on the front, which is your last chance to do so, but I think that might be an awkward thing to try to handle since it's right in the middle of the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter