SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

But who would say no to getting a third piece if a person offered it to them? Like I’m sorry but it’s not like anyone is being forced to give something up. It’s being offered, if someone who got a vq didn’t want to go anymore or dipped out a spot would be wasted regardless and people would be upset that a spot was wasted.
Yeah, I totally get it. I just also feel that someone who hadn't been able to would be better off with it than I. If it was going to be wasted, then sure.

I tried helping a friend from home…. and had no luck! They were gone instantly. Going to try again at 1.

Unfortunately some people just don’t care.
If you had a special cake with 10 servings and 20 people, it would be fine if someone who got a piece gave it to someone who didn't, but if they gave it to someone who already had one, it's not wrong but a bit unfair. And a 3rd piece? That's greedy.

Yup, I think it's rude to brag about it. I think some of those YTers think DL is their personal recording studio.
Dear heavens, don’t get me started on the cloggers and Instupiders. No typos in that. I have a few I appreciate whose actual job it is, but seriously I wish they all were limited to media previews. I cancelled my reservation yesterday precisely because of the madhouse that was the first day of Christmas… I can‘t imagine the feeling if you are on vacation just wanting a castle pic and every other person is holding up their popcorn bucket or sipper ala Simba to get the perfect post. Or their limited edition food, taking one bite for the gram and tossing it (yes I have seen both.) And I am a total Pollyanna, but it has gone too far.

Hope everyone who tries in the coming weeks gets their VQ! Back in the paper fastpass days one of my fave things to do would be to give a MEP to a stranger in order for it not to be wasted. Three times in one day is just greedy IMO.

We got boarding group 84. Original time estimate was around noon. It’s been now pushed to 7….which is fine. But I don’t think we’ll get to ride today because we have other plans for this evening.

For anyone who rode Runaway Railway today- How was it? Also, would it be ok for someone with a bad back?
It’s meant to simulate a train ride and there’s mild spinning/jerking but I will say the ride here at Disneyland is much smoother than the one at HS. If you can go any of the fantasyland rides you can probably do this.

The queue is amazing and I didn’t notice it interacting with the MB so guess I’ll just have to go again! We’re not used to cool interactive queues here in SoCal.

We got boarding group 84. Original time estimate was around noon. It’s been now pushed to 7….which is fine. But I don’t think we’ll get to ride today because we have other plans for this evening.
8:55pm - it’s paused. I don’t know if we’re going to get on. I wonder if they’ll open it after the fireworks? (I assume that’s what’s happening).

The queue is amazing and I didn’t notice it interacting with the MB so guess I’ll just have to go again! We’re not used to cool interactive queues here in SoCal.

The MB+ just lights up a bunch of different colors 😂. The queue itself does not interact with the MB+. But I like shiny things so I was entertained. Noticed it shortly before loading after the video room.

We rode it today…. We had a reservation at DCA, so we weren’t eligible for the 7am VQ. My husband just bought LL, because they didn’t get the ride up and running until 9:40, and we figured even if we got a boarding group at 1, there was a good chance we wouldn’t be around when it finally got called. They had lots of technical issues today…. I overhead one of the managers saying it was bad luck today… they were only boarding groups 48-51 at 4:15.

I thought the ride was cute and fun, and very well done, but it’s not something I see us riding every time we go until it’s part of normal LL like Web Slingers, or the Standby lines exist and normalize. Our seven year old daughter loved it… it’s definitely perfect for kids, and it’s nice to see Mickey and Minnie get a big ride. The queue is incredible….

The coolest part was walking back to Toon Town and hanging out back there. Everything to the right of the restrooms towards the back was accessible, and it was nice watching our daughter and all of the other kids go crazy playing in the buildings, all of the sound effects were on, and it made me realize how much we’ve missed TT. The huge turf lawn they’ve installed by Roger Rabbit was a big hit… tons of kids running around.

Experiencing a new ride at Disney on opening weekend has been on my bucket list for awhile, so I really enjoyed today.

Last edited:
Re: Vloggers taking all the spots, it’s annoying but also I feel like that’s life. The ride is going to be here for… at least 15 years? Probably way longer? There will be chances to ride.

If you bought your tickets specifically to go on the ride on day 1, you understood the risks it might not happen (and you had 3 chances including the paid ILL to get it). If you just happened to be going this week randomly, then you weren’t really expecting the ride to be there anyways so you didn’t really miss out if you missed it. If a vlogger is motivated enough to go 3 times (which involves 2 entries plus ILL) then I don’t really begrudge them. All us Disney veterans go on way more rides than the average guest because we know how to strategize and use the G+ system, and I don’t apologize for that. So I’m kinda like eh, to each their own.

I went on day 2 of Galaxy’s Edge, and it was the best trip ever. Galaxy’s edge was kinda underwhelming, but the rest of the park was so empty it was amazing. Hopefully the non Vlogger guests this week get a little bit of that.

Now, what I don’t understand is how there are so many YouTube/insta Disney accounts. They can’t possibly all make a meaningful amount of money.

It says we have to enter by 11:37pm. I feel bad for the 1pm people. They definitely didn’t have a shot today.

This is why we bought LL…. Those 1pm groups won’t stand a chance until they can work out the kinks and get the ride operational earlier and actually keep it working.

Re: Vloggers taking all the spots, it’s annoying but also I feel like that’s life. The ride is going to be here for… at least 15 years? Probably way longer? There will be chances to ride.

If you bought your tickets specifically to go on the ride on day 1, you understood the risks it might not happen (and you had 3 chances including the paid ILL to get it). If you just happened to be going this week randomly, then you weren’t really expecting the ride to be there anyways so you didn’t really miss out if you missed it. If a vlogger is motivated enough to go 3 times (which involves 2 entries plus ILL) then I don’t really begrudge them. All us Disney veterans go on way more rides than the average guest because we know how to strategize and use the G+ system, and I don’t apologize for that. So I’m kinda like eh, to each their own.

If you bought a LL today, you rode. It was $20. If I were not local, I would’ve budgeted that extra cost into my trip, cut back elsewhere, and guaranteed myself a chance to ride. At least with this ride, you can LL. I remember all the disappointment with Rise… boarding groups not being called, people so disappointed they didn’t get to ride because they don’t live here and they weren’t planning another trip anytime soon. We had an entire thread dedicated to that ride back then. At least with this, if you budget, you can guarantee a ride.

For MMRR, if you buy the ILL do you bypass the amazing queue everyone is talking about?

For MMRR, if you buy the ILL do you bypass the amazing queue everyone is talking about?

Yes. I was actually just coming here to say ILL$ for it is a huge downgrade in terms of experience because you miss most of the amazing queue. Probably around 90-95% There are portions where you can see through from a distance, but you don't walk right past things. You really only get the ride portion of the experience.

The bit I could see of the ILL$ path looks pretty sparse. Maybe a poster or so, but nothing even close to what's in the standby queue. I usually don't think ILL$ is worth it anyways, but it's really not worth it for this ride (disclaimer: not worth it to me. Someone might not care about the queue and just care they failed the VQ and only want to try the ride).

Honestly this is a queue I would not mind waiting in for a bit. It's totally inside (barring any queue extension if it spills outside the ride) so protected from the elements. And there's just so much to see with all the little details. I know I missed many things with how quick the line was moving.

This is why we bought LL…. Those 1pm groups won’t stand a chance until they can work out the kinks and get the ride operational earlier and actually keep it

We got the 1pm VQ today - group 91 and expected boarding was 3pm.

We have 4 more days after this - if we didn’t get on - maybe last day we’d pay. But hopefully today is the lucky charm! :)

We rode it today…. We had a reservation at DCA, so we weren’t eligible for the 7am VQ. My husband just bought LL, because they didn’t get the ride up and running until 9:40, and we figured even if we got a boarding group at 1, there was a good chance we wouldn’t be around when it finally got called. They had lots of technical issues today…. I overhead one of the managers saying it was bad luck today… they were only boarding groups 48-51 at 4:15.

I thought the ride was cute and fun, and very well done, but it’s not something I see us riding every time we go until it’s part of normal LL like Web Slingers, or the Standby lines exist and normalize. Our seven year old daughter loved it… it’s definitely perfect for kids, and it’s nice to see Mickey and Minnie get a big ride. The queue is incredible….

The coolest part was walking back to Toon Town and hanging out back there. Everything to the right of the restrooms towards the back was accessible, and it was nice watching our daughter and all of the other kids go crazy playing in the buildings, all of the sound effects were on, and it made me realize how much we’ve missed TT. The huge turf lawn they’ve installed by Roger Rabbit was a big hit… tons of kids running around.

Experiencing a new ride at Disney on opening weekend has been on my bucket list for awhile, so I really enjoyed today.

we got to ride yesterday too. I did not get in during the 7 am queue and decided to just buy the lightening lane. We needed up riding around 10 am with our lightening lane. I tried again at 1 for giggles and was shut out again. As it seems everyone else around us was. We were chatting with another family on the tram and around 4ish she said they were only at group 59, so I was even happier with the decision to buy the lightening lane. I probably will not do that again, but I wanted to ride it opening weekend as I rode the wdw version during its opening weekend too.

We got the 1pm VQ today - group 91 and expected boarding was 3pm.

We have 4 more days after this - if we didn’t get on - maybe last day we’d pay. But hopefully today is the lucky charm! :)
It was our time, we were waiting at small world, hitting refresh - it was our time and it went down 😂

But they said we could come back any time tonight. I’ll take it! I wanted to head back to the hotel anyways 😅 the timing was kind of perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter