SPOILER ALERT! World of Color complete test run. Entire show.

zeitzeuge

DIS Veteran
If you're the type that wants to be 100% surprised on the night you first see the show, then step slowly away from the computer.

For those like me, who do nothing but scour the internet for ANYthing I can find on WOC, over at laughingplace.com they have a full 25 minute show test that was previewed for the suits. It's taken from one of the hotels and unfortunately the Zepher blocks the screens, but you can still get an idea of the scope of this monstrosity of a show. Even has the soundtrack which you can barely hear.

I can't wait until October for our DL trip this year.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-1024.asp

I watched part of it just to see kind of how it went, but not too much because I want to see for myself in August. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting that, Zeitzeuge! I actually prefer spoilers for something like this because my friends are not the types who would want to wait around to see a show unless they know beforehand that it is a really cool show worth waiting for. So if I see little bits and pieces of it in advance, I know whether it's something they would be willing to wait for or not, and I know if it's worth my time to champion for World of Color!!:rotfl2: (Fortunately, they saw and enjoyed the Halloweentime/Villains fireworks last year, so they were happy to stand around for that, but I am not pressing my luck!)

I am still quite curious as to how they are going to handle WoC during Halloweentime (or handle Halloweentime during WoC, as the case may be), with the TOTP happening on certain nights. Over in our Halloween superthread and other related threads, a few people have asked about the TOTP and its usual schedule. This year will be uncharted territory for everyone because DCA has never had a big nighttime spectacle of a show like this - and it is going to affect the Paradise Pier area. WoC is supposed to run two times a night and Paradise Pier will be closed. On nights that the TOTP happens, DCA usually closes at 6:00 p.m. and then reopens at 7:30-ish for the party, and Paradise Pier is always open for the whole TOTP.

I wonder if DLR will run WoC exclusively for the TOTP crowds, or if they will just choose to not run it at all on the nights that the TOTP happens, and just basically work around the TOTP. It made sense to have the TOTP in DCA because, for one thing, they needed to attract more people over to DCA in general, but also because DL had the fireworks and Fantasmic happening at night and DCA needed some kind of evening entertainment.

Since WoC is going to be so new by the time Halloweentime begins in late September, I can't see DLR dropping it from the schedule until the Christmas holiday season rolls around, and I can't see them skipping the TOTP either. So it will be very interesting to see what happens.

Thanks for posting that, Zeitzeuge! I actually prefer spoilers for something like this because my friends are not the types who would want to wait around to see a show unless they know beforehand that it is a really cool show worth waiting for. So if I see little bits and pieces of it in advance, I know whether it's something they would be willing to wait for or not, and I know if it's worth my time to champion for World of Color!!:rotfl2: (Fortunately, they saw and enjoyed the Halloweentime/Villains fireworks last year, so they were happy to stand around for that, but I am not pressing my luck!)

I am still quite curious as to how they are going to handle WoC during Halloweentime (or handle Halloweentime during WoC, as the case may be), with the TOTP happening on certain nights. Over in our Halloween superthread and other related threads, a few people have asked about the TOTP and its usual schedule. This year will be uncharted territory for everyone because DCA has never had a big nighttime spectacle of a show like this - and it is going to affect the Paradise Pier area. WoC is supposed to run two times a night and Paradise Pier will be closed. On nights that the TOTP happens, DCA usually closes at 6:00 p.m. and then reopens at 7:30-ish for the party, and Paradise Pier is always open for the whole TOTP.

I wonder if DLR will run WoC exclusively for the TOTP crowds, or if they will just choose to not run it at all on the nights that the TOTP happens, and just basically work around the TOTP. It made sense to have the TOTP in DCA because, for one thing, they needed to attract more people over to DCA in general, but also because DL had the fireworks and Fantasmic happening at night and DCA needed some kind of evening entertainment.

Since WoC is going to be so new by the time Halloweentime begins in late September, I can't see DLR dropping it from the schedule until the Christmas holiday season rolls around, and I can't see them skipping the TOTP either. So it will be very interesting to see what happens.

As much money and time that has been put into this, I honestly can't see them shutting down at all for a while, even for TOTP. I thought I had read that they would even be able to tweak the show slightly for specific holidays such as Halloween and Christmas with a little bit of reprogramming. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of juggling things around.

As much money and time that has been put into this, I honestly can't see them shutting down at all for a while, even for TOTP. I thought I had read that they would even be able to tweak the show slightly for specific holidays such as Halloween and Christmas with a little bit of reprogramming. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of juggling things around.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. As much money and time that has been put into this, I can't see them wanting to shut WoC down on the TOTP nights so soon after it has debuted. They may decide to run it exclusively for the TOTP people. Hmmm...it will be interesting.

The show looks amazing! I only wish we were going this year so we could see it! Hopefully by next summer and fall the crowds will die down a little or they'll have some kind of dinner/show package that we can purchase so we don't waste lots of time waiting for it to start! Can't wait to show this to the kiddos!

So is the lagoon always going to have the stuff from world of color exposed now? In the middle of the water like it looks in the photo on that website? I hope not, it looks a mess!

So is the lagoon always going to have the stuff from world of color exposed now? In the middle of the water like it looks in the photo on that website? I hope not, it looks a mess!

Once the show starts, it is supposed to be totally submerged during the day and quite low during the show (just the top of the stuff poking out). Right now it's in "maintenance mode" so they can continue to work on it.

I was thinking about that same thing a while back. Anything short of fully submerged and unseen during the daytime will be ugly. Even if just a little bit of it is sticking up out of the water, it will look horrible because it is very obvious and noticeable in that bay, for some reason.

Right now, the platform is probably going to always be above water line, which is maintenance level, until the show gets fully under way on a nightly basis. Normally, we won't see the entire platform during the day (hidden below water level) since they'll be doing any sort of maintenance at night, after closing. Show level the nozels and lights will just be above water level.

I would imagine that they will probably be tinting the water soon as well to disguise the platform even more. I was told by a CM on the Mark Twain that they due tint the waters to disguise the tracks and other equipment in ROA, so I would imagine that it would be the same in the pier waters as well.

I would imagine that they will probably be tinting the water soon as well to disguise the platform even more. I was told by a CM on the Mark Twain that they due tint the waters to disguise the tracks and other equipment in ROA, so I would imagine that it would be the same in the pier waters as well.

Oh, good thinking! I hadn't thought about the tinting aspect of things as far as what they do in DL being done in DCA, but that makes perfect sense. I figured, since so much of DLR's magic and appeal involves the aesthetic aspect of everything and maintaining the fantasy & immersion factor, they would have to do something to keep all that WoC stuff as hidden away as possible. Many of the views of the bay are from a sort of overhead vantage point, so it will be interesting to see what it all looks like when they get out of maintenance mode/level! Can't wait to see pictures here on the DIS!

Welcome to the "Who likes to peek at their birthday gifts and who doesn't?" thread. :lmao:

- Dreams (who like to be surprised when I pull the wrapping paper off)

Welcome to the "Who likes to peek at their birthday gifts and who doesn't?" thread. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Hee hee! Well, at least I know I am not the only one. You busted several of us over here!!:guilty:

I hate big surprises! I have always been a "peeker"! :lmao::laughing::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter