Split stays, free dining promos, and annual passholder combined questions

jlkoontz

Earning My Ears
Hopefully I can get this to make sense.
I have going with my family of 5 (DH, myself, three kids but one will be 10 so adult in WDW speak) PLUS my parents
Total 5 "adults" 2 children- trip dates 12/9-12/18

Last year we went in October and did bounceback free dining with two rooms at wilderness lodge. We had to change dates due to work schedules, but it stayed in free dining time and overlapped some with our original reservation, so we were able to keep 12/12-12/18 at Wilderness Lodge with free dining. As of now, we have 7 day hoppers attached to the reservation.

12/9-12/11 staying off site, no park on 12/9, MVMCP 12/10
Got two rooms (room only) reservation 12/11 at WL but they said they couldn't attach them to our reservation despite having done that for 12/12 over the summer which was also way after the promo "ended".

DH just found out he's going to be speaking at a conference in Orlando in May and I plan to go along- we want to try out EPCOT flower & garden festival. So, we were considering trying to get Annual Passes for he & I at least. It will only be us (2 adults). We may go back as a family next fall/winter but nothing planned as of now.

Does anyone know the minimum number you need to buy for the free dining packages? Would this even be possible for us to do without totally getting rid of our free dining? Even if the cost was about the same, I can't even book WL for those dates without a promo as it is sold out.

Second issue- IF we chose to stay on site instead of off site 12/9-12/11 (could change and do 12/9-12/12 all in one booking) is there any way to add a dining plan since our tickets are attached to the free dining stay? Maybe if they link them? I'm just confused on how to do that. We have on site meals Sunday and Monday (Chef Mickey's, 50's prime time, and Whispering Canyon) that would all be before our check in Tuesday plus any other food we get over those days. I've always done WDW with dining plan and it makes me nervous to not have it even for part of the trip.

Thanks for reading, if you made it all the way through. I appreciate any advice.

I would just give Disney a call and speak to a cast member. Usually they can help with even the most complicated planning obstacles. I would think they would be the ones to really give you a concrete answer.
:)

Hopefully I can get this to make sense.

12/9-12/11 staying off site, no park on 12/9, MVMCP 12/10
Got two rooms (room only) reservation 12/11 at WL but they said they couldn't attach them to our reservation despite having done that for 12/12 over the summer which was also way after the promo "ended".
You will need to ask for Guest Services because the castmember who answered the phone does not have the ability to add nights to an expired promo. If you want a "room only" reservation for 12/11 that would be a separate reservation and cannot be added to the FD bounce back package. Room only reservations and packages cannot be combined.

Does anyone know the minimum number you need to buy for the free dining packages? Would this even be possible for us to do without totally getting rid of our free dining? Even if the cost was about the same, I can't even book WL for those dates without a promo as it is sold out.
I don't know the specific requirement for the FD BB, but most FD promos require a minimum of 2 day tickets with either Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus ((Water Parks and More) for everyone in the room 3 years and older.

Second issue- IF we chose to stay on site instead of off site 12/9-12/11 (could change and do 12/9-12/12 all in one booking) is there any way to add a dining plan since our tickets are attached to the free dining stay? Maybe if they link them? I'm just confused on how to do that. We have on site meals Sunday and Monday (Chef Mickey's, 50's prime time, and Whispering Canyon) that would all be before our check in Tuesday plus any other food we get over those days. I've always done WDW with dining plan and it makes me nervous to not have it even for part of the trip.
Are you asking about adding a PAID dining plan if you decide to stay onsite 12/9-12/11 or 12? It would be a separate reservation, even if you are staying at the same resort through 12/18, but you can book a ticketless package with the paid dining plan. You will have to call because it cannot be booked online amd you will be able to pick up the tickets attached to the FD BB up to 10 days before 12/12. Or are you asking about adding 12/9-12/12 to your current FD BB? You will have to call and hope for pixie dust from Guest Services.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter