Split Stay: SSR 2BR Lock-off to Studio - Stay in same villa?

starfrenzy

Podcast listener & DVC Fan
For our Welcome Home trip we're planning on 10 nights. My mother will be joining us for the first week and then it will be me plus 4 kids. I'd rather save points for next year than keep the extra space (I say that now from my computer but I know I may feel differently on site).

The best availability for both the week in the 2BR and the 3 nights in a studio is at SSR.

If I book a lock-off 2 BR, what are the chances we could stay in the studio portion of it (same villa) for the last three nights and not have to move everything?

Besides the extra entrance to the room, what else is different between a lock-off 2BR and a dedicated 2BR at SSR?

A dedicated will have (2) queen beds vs the studio with (1) queen and the Murphy bed over the sofa. (Not as bad as last year when they had pull out couches) the vanity in the 2nd bathroom will have 2 sinks.

lockoff studio will have the kitchenette and balcony. Dedicated 2nd bedroom might not have a 2nd bedroom balcony)

You can certainly put in a request for that by having them note it on both reservations.

But they can’t guarantee it because of how people check in and out. For example, on your check out day, you may be the only leaving a 2 bedroom and it’s needed for a new group.

You would then get moved to a studio that may be connecting to a 1 bedroom that is still in use...which is why they can’t put the new people who need your 2 bedroom there.

If you do it, just see at check in if you have been booked this way and if not, see if they can somehow make it happen. If not, then you will need to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter