Split Stay Questions???

nettii

DIS Veteran
Hello I just booked my first ever split stay! :lovestrucI am so excited....first part will be at Grand Destino and then two nights at AKL!!! OMG it is a dream come true...also my first DELUX! :love: My questions are how do i conect my new reservation to my disney experience? (it is not showing up) and because i have dinning plan on both stays do i get two mugs? Thank you in advance :):flower3:

Yes you get two mugs, not sure how to link reservations though. Make sure on the day you check into AKL you’re using the right DDP credits, you’ll have GDT and AKL ones that day and you’ll need to use the GDT ones first as they’ll expire at midnight the day you check out of that hotel even though you’re still on property.

Yes you get two mugs, not sure how to link reservations though. Make sure on the day you check into AKL you’re using the right DDP credits, you’ll have GDT and AKL ones that day and you’ll need to use the GDT ones first as they’ll expire at midnight the day you check out of that hotel even though you’re still on property.
OMYGOSH i had no idea about the dinning credit...thank you so much!

Split stays are amazing! You will LOVE it! We did one last year-Beach Club and Contemporary. My kids (4 and 3 at the time) LOVED stormalong bay. We'll be doing a split stay this summer and AKL is in the running for our first few nights! I think our kids will LOVE seeing the animals and the restaurants sound fantastic from the reviews!

No problem! I know it wasn’t in your original question but I didn’t want you to get tripped up.
I am so glad you let me know this....we have a hard time using all our credits some times, and we leave them until the end and get snacks to take back home. You saved us! :love:

Split stays are amazing! You will LOVE it! We did one last year-Beach Club and Contemporary. My kids (4 and 3 at the time) LOVED stormalong bay. We'll be doing a split stay this summer and AKL is in the running for our first few nights! I think our kids will LOVE seeing the animals and the restaurants sound fantastic from the reviews!
OmGosh I am so excited, I think it is going to be like two vacations in one...lol :lovestruc

Won’t they only have any left over credits they haven’t used from GDT stay left? Not new ones for their check out day from GDT? Maybe I’m reading your post wrong. It’s been a long time since we’ve bothered with a DDP.

Use up your dining credits prior to check in at your second resort. Once you check in, your new plan begins. If necessary, convert unused meals into snacks for your room.

We have an upcoming split stay.

BWV with DP and Coronado with out dining plan.

If we check out of BWV June 15th and check into Coronado the same day. Will our DP credits expire when we check into Coronado?
I have dinner reservations on the 15th and was hoping to use our final DP credit. I will have checked into Coronado already.

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Use up your dining credits prior to check in at your second resort. Once you check in, your new plan begins. If necessary, convert unused meals into snacks for your room.

The new ones won’t begin until you use up the old ones. So, you don’t have to use them before check in at resort 2. I do it all the time. They Re good until midnight of the checkout day of room1.

Many times, we don’t get in until dinner time, so we end up only using one meal credit that day, which allows us to use it the switch day and then end up with a meal to still use on our last day before heading to airport!

We have an upcoming split stay.

BWV with DP and Coronado with out dining plan.

If we check out of BWV June 15th and check into Coronado the same day. Will our DP credits expire when we check into Coronado?
I have dinner reservations on the 15th and was hoping to use our final DP credit. I will have checked into Coronado already.

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Nope! We did a split with BWI/BLT last July and had the dining plan on the first part of the trip. On BWI check out day we checked into BLT, hung out at the resort a bit, then went and used our last credits at Artist Point for dinner that evening with no problems. I've heard of a couple of people running into issues over the years, but I'm sure the front desk would be able to correct it, as the credits are not supposed to expire until midnight of check out day regardless of whether or not you check into another resort.

Nope! We did a split with BWI/BLT last July and had the dining plan on the first part of the trip. On BWI check out day we checked into BLT, hung out at the resort a bit, then went and used our last credits at Artist Point for dinner that evening with no problems. I've heard of a couple of people running into issues over the years, but I'm sure the front desk would be able to correct it, as the credits are not supposed to expire until midnight of check out day regardless of whether or not you check into another resort.
Thank you so much for the info. That is awesome news!!

We have never done a split stay. I can not get my DH away from BWV, the Coronado Tower has finally done the trick.

Thank you so much for the info. That is awesome news!!

We have never done a split stay. I can not get my DH away from BWV, the Coronado Tower has finally done the trick.

We pretty much only do split stays. And coincidentally the next one will start at BWV, our first time there, and includes the dining plan for the first part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter