Split Stay Question

Renee1061

DIS Veteran
I have a small dilemma, and am looking for opinions. I have CBR booked for Feb 3-8 (Sun-Fri). I have decided that I want to add a day, but CBR has no availability. I can get that one night at CSR on Priceline for $187. I've never done a split stay and I've never stayed at CSR. I know there is construction going on and I'm not worried about that for one night. But I'm worried about how large the resort is and whether it will take up too much of my one extra day trying to navigate the resort, especially since I'm not at all familiar with it.

Opinions and/or advice?

Disney will move our luggage, right?

Is there any availability at POP or AoA?
(A bit closer and cheaper?) you might have more flexibility to change if CBR opens up?

Is there a specific benefit you want at CSR? (Wanting to use a specific pool is a quality reason) otherwise, I’d lean to a better price.

Yes, Bell Services can transfer luggage, you may have to be prepared to not have access to the luggage for most of the day.

Is there any availability at POP or AoA?
(A bit closer and cheaper?) you might have more flexibility to change if CBR opens up?

Is there a specific benefit you want at CSR? (Wanting to use a specific pool is a quality reason) otherwise, I’d lean to a better price.

Yes, Bell Services can transfer luggage, you may have to be prepared to not have access to the luggage for most of the day.

CSR was the best price I could find, and that was on Priceline ($233 on Disney website, $187 on Priceline). AoA has a suite on Priceline for $353. I think there is a cheer competition that weekend. I'm hoping something opens up at CBR...I'm checking it every day. I need to make airline reservations soon. The Priceline deal has free cancellation until 2/3/19, so I may go ahead and book it and cancel if something else comes up.

That weekend has had horrible availability for months! If it’s any consolation, I find CSR really easy to navigate and I generally get lost very easily. Is it just a standard view room? I only ask because I’m showing Disney having a standard room at CSR for $208 that day. If it’s easy to cancel, I’d go for it and keep checking for what you really want.

I had decided to go ahead and book the one night at CSR on Priceline this morning. Paid with Paypal, was redirected to PayPal's website and authorized the payment, but when it tried to redirect me back to Priceline, I got a message that the deal was no longer available (even though I checked later and it still shows up on the website). So now I have a pending payment on Priceline, which I know will go away in a few days, but still...frustrating.

Then, just a little while ago, I check on the WDW website, and POP now shows up for that night, $186 for Preferred Room! I much prefer that to CSR, anyway. Still hoping for something to pop up for CBR, but if it doesn't, we'll be staying a night at POP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter