Split stay question

parkbr

Mouseketeer
Hi,

What I hear is that when you check-out, you bring your luggage to the Bell services and let them know that you're moving, then they will move the luggage for us to the other resort.

What about people? Can we get transferred as well?

On a side note: We're thinking of booking 2 resorts because discount code (Fun Filled Escape) doesn't work for 7 days we want to be there. Strangely enough, it works for 6 days +1 day or 1day + 6day combination. Does anyone know why?

Thank you!

Hi,

What I hear is that when you check-out, you bring your luggage to the Bell services and let them know that you're moving, then they will move the luggage for us to the other resort.

What about people? Can we get transferred as well?

On a side note: We're thinking of booking 2 resorts because discount code (Fun Filled Escape) doesn't work for 7 days we want to be there. Strangely enough, it works for 6 days +1 day or 1day + 6day combination. Does anyone know why?

Thank you!

No, Disney won’t move people and they don’t exactly make resort-to-resort travel all that convenient to begin with. :-) You’ll need to cab/Uber/Lyft, or go to a park and then transfer to your new resort.

You probably know this, but if you have them move your luggage then don’t expect it until pretty late in the day... like 3/4pmish, or later. Make sure to take a day pack with anything critical if needed.

No, Disney won’t move people and they don’t exactly make resort-to-resort travel all that convenient to begin with. :-) You’ll need to cab/Uber/Lyft, or go to a park and then transfer to your new resort.

You probably know this, but if you have them move your luggage then don’t expect it until pretty late in the day... like 3/4pmish, or later. Make sure to take a day pack with anything critical if needed.

Hello! I see. That makes sense.
I wish they make resort-to-resort shuttles too.

I didn't know that the luggage doesn't come until later!
Thank you for letting me know. :)

They won't put you in a car and take you to your next resort, but you can use Disney transportation to get there. Which two resorts are you staying at?

We almost always do a split stay. Your best bet is to call bell services to get your luggage for transfer, then go to a park for the day. We usually go to our 2nd resort around 3-4, and our luggage typically arrives soon after.

Do guest services come to your room? You don't have to do check-out yourself?

I am staying at CBR. Not sure where that extra day will be yet. Thinking of All-star or Pop.

Bell services will come to your room and get the bags. You do not have to physically check-out of the resort. The only issue is that on moving day, before check-in to new resort, your magic band won't work for charges.

Bell Services came to our rooms around 8 am, they took all our luggage and we went to Epcot. After 3 we went to check in at the 2nd resort, as we were walking up the driveway we saw our luggage. It had just arrived. We checked in and had the luggage delivered. Easy.

Just to clarify - Disney doesn't recognize split stay its a "slang" used here and elsewhere.

Disney won't automatically be aware of continuing reservations it up to you to make the arrangements. On check out day either call bell services to get your bags or bring them to bell services and ask that they be transferred to xx resort, as others have said don't expect them until after check in time. Then its your responsibility to get yourself to the new resort, we usually go to a park for the day and return to the new resort after check in time. After checking in at the new resort you will have to get your bags from bell services or call for them to be delivered, its not automatic like with the DME luggage delivery feature. Keep in mind that bell services work for tips!

If you want to head straight to the new resort then I would just keep the bags and use uber/lyft or Minnie van depending on your party size and needs. If your room isn't ready just store them with bell services for the day while you go about your plans.

I have an upcoming split stay and just received luggage tags in the mail. On our first night, we will take DME to Pop Century. After that night, the rest of our stay is at Coronado Springs. I got luggage tags for both resorts, and the Coronado one says "WDW Travel Co." The Pop tag does not have that on it, so I wondered if this had something to do with Disney recognizing that I'm transferring to Coronado... Is that true? Personally, I think we are just going to transfer luggage ourselves.

I have an upcoming split stay and just received luggage tags in the mail. On our first night, we will take DME to Pop Century. After that night, the rest of our stay is at Coronado Springs. I got luggage tags for both resorts, and the Coronado one says "WDW Travel Co." The Pop tag does not have that on it, so I wondered if this had something to do with Disney recognizing that I'm transferring to Coronado... Is that true? Personally, I think we are just going to transfer luggage ourselves.
The tags are different probably because the one night at Pop is a room-only reservation while the stay at Coronado is most likely a package.

If you want to use DME on arrival day, you need to put the Pop tags on. You do not need the Coronado tags at all.

You’ve gotten a lot of good answers here about transferring. I wanted to add, though, that if you’d rather stay at one resort for your full stay and you’re seeing availability for that resort as the 6+1/1+6, try calling Disney to see if a CM can book it for you all under a single 7-night reservation. They are often able to do this, from what has been posted on the boards.

Thanks!
We might do split stay if we can't do 7-night consecutive. One CM who was on the phone with me yesterday told me that he can't merge 6+1 or 1+6, but I will call again to see what I can do.

Thank you for your help!

Bell services will come to your room and get the bags. You do not have to physically check-out of the resort. The only issue is that on moving day, before check-in to new resort, your magic band won't work for charges.
Yes they will. We do split stays all the time and never have any issues with charging on the day we change.
Your charging privileges at Resort 1 continue until midnight on checkout day, or until they check you in to resort 2.

We always call for bell services to get our bags from resorts 1 (or 2, or 3, whatever it is, we do them a lot) and go to the park for the day.
When we leave the park we just hop on the bus for our new resort and our bags are there. We are never ready to head to the resort before the bags are moved. And we never need any different transportation since we've been in the parks

Thanks!
We might do split stay if we can't do 7-night consecutive. One CM who was on the phone with me yesterday told me that he can't merge 6+1 or 1+6, but I will call again to see what I can do.

Thank you for your help!
The front line CM's can't. It takes a transfer to Guest Services CM to do it

Yes they will. We do split stays all the time and never have any issues with charging on the day we change.
Your charging privileges at Resort 1 continue until midnight on checkout day, or until they check you in to resort 2.

We always call for bell services to get our bags from resorts 1 (or 2, or 3, whatever it is, we do them a lot) and go to the park for the day.
When we leave the park we just hop on the bus for our new resort and our bags are there. We are never ready to head to the resort before the bags are moved. And we never need any different transportation since we've been in the parks
When your bags arrive at resort 2, are they delivered to your new room, or do you have to pick them up from bell service?

maybe it's glitchy (like everything else at Disney!) because we just did a triple split stay and on both our change days, charging did not work anywhere we tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter