• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay (points + cash) question

Galun

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I have a question on split stays to fill in missing days.

When people mention split stays, do they get the cash room from DVC or the hotel inventory? If it's from DVC, why would DVC have cash rooms that are not available for points? If it's from hotel inventory, that means I will have to move within the hotel right?

Thanks!

Split Stays:
Usually means staying at one resort for one night or more and then moving to another resort for one night or more (IE: BCV/AKL) all on points.
You can also do a split stay within the same resort by moving from one category of rooms to another (IE: 2Bdrm to a studio).

I have done the following split stays:

Stayed at CR & then Swan, on cash.

Stayed at BLT on points & then CR on cash.

Stayed at BCV & then BLT on points.

What is it you are trying to do?

I have a question on split stays to fill in missing days.

When people mention split stays, do they get the cash room from DVC or the hotel inventory? If it's from DVC, why would DVC have cash rooms that are not available for points? If it's from hotel inventory, that means I will have to move within the hotel right?

Thanks!

Some villas that you can book for points are not available for cash, either through Disney Reservation Center or DVC MS. Like BWV standard view or BWview.

But many of the views you get for points, you can book them for cash. They technically cannot link the reservations if the cash reservation is through DRC, but you note both reservations on the other and ask that you stay in the same villa. When you check in, ask if you are blocked into the same villa. Then you just have to check out and check in again. If the cash reservation is through MS, it is treated just like a points stay (meaning same housekeeping), but you may still have to check out and check in again. They should be able to link those.

Thank you. I had the wrong definition of split stay. My intention is to stay in the same hotel but a mix of DVC points and pay cash for the night that I cannot book with points. With two small kids I really don't want to move. I got the answer from Deb & Bill. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter